Women you can respect

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by bigone,babe, Jul 10, 2006.

1. bigone,babe

bigone,babe New Member

This thread may or may not be appreciated by people, but here it goes...
    I was watching a show the other day about the "playboy girls" who live at Hugh Hefner's mansion and live a life people dream of...BUT, for that, they have to go out at his "parties", wear skimpy clothes for guys they don't know and just, in my opinion, degrade themselves. I started thinking if most women are like that, and my wife and I started talking about it(luckily, she is nothing like that at all). I do know now there were and are many women we can be proud of, including alot of the women here at this site. Here are a few women I really respect:
    1. Lyudmila Pavlichinko-She was a young, beautiful Russian woman during WW2 who joined the Soviet army after the Nazis invaded. She became a sniper and courageouly fought the Nazi invasion(her total kills in the war came to 309 Nazi soldiers). She was invited by Elanor Roosevelt to tour the US. She was awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union medal in 1943(their equivalent to the US's Medal of Honor).
    2. Esther-She is the Esther you read of in the Bible. She, by historical accounts, was a beautiful but strong willed woman. She saved her Jewish nation from death by coming to the king and pleading for their lives(well, she and God both saved them:smile: ).
    3. Gorshi-This is a woman who lives down from the base Im stationed on. Her and my wife are good friends. She was a German Jew who survived the Holocaust and came to the US alone when she was still young. She has worked hard all her life, and I respect her so much(she still has the tatto the Nazis gave to all the Jews that were sent to the camps).
    Those are just a few of the many. So guys, don't view women as just sex objects. Respect them.

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it is shallow to not respect them simply for being willing and able to gain advantages from their sexuality.

I dig the women you mentioned though and learned something from your post.

3. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

I think that any woman who gives her all for her family and children are hero's in my book.

Modern femininst thought tends to radiate the the idea that motherhood and being a wife is "slavery". I find that to be rubbish.

In my opinion, motherhood is THE most important job on the planet. More important in fact, than any job that the "oppressive penis owners" hold in this world.

OmahaBeef

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I agree with the motherhood being the most important job on the planet. I do take exception with your "motherhood and being a wife is 'slavery'" comment.

It almost sounds like something directly from Concerned Women for America.

I respect women who are not afraid to be women, who are not ashamed to be good mothers, who are unwilling to be chattel to men. I respect and admire women who think for themselves.

5. naughty

Gold Member

I think being a mother is one of the most important jobs in a woman's life. However I think being a woman of integrity is equally important. So often women have traded in themselves for the security of something they may or may not receive. I Am not married nor am I a mother but I can be a good role model for younger women coming behind me.
    I am going to really think about my list of women who I admire. There are so many.

6. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

Mothers are important. But so are the dads. I can only speak of girls, but I feel our girls have a lot of self esteem because of their dad.
    He has always been a big part of their life, from changing diapers to bathing them, to tea parties.
    He will and does go shopping with them! They are in their late teens and going cloths shopping with teen girls takes a lot of patience.

Too many teen girls throw them selves into sexual relationships when they don't have that fathers love. It can literally be a substitute for the loving relationship they should have had with a male figure growing up.

I'm sure male children need their dads just as much. We are living in a day where the term "my child's father" is common. Dad is not in the home, and if they are not involved (very involved) with that child, that child suffers no matter the sex.

I don't have any answers. But dads, especially the young ones, need to realize how important
    their
    role is.

7. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

It has nothing to do with which women i respect but the ones that respect themselves.

Thes playboy bunnies etc, id like to think parade themselves aroud because they are proud of themselves rather than just looking to be adored and praise by others and not looking for attention. It is good for them that they have great bodies but maybe they would be better off showing themselves as smart, inteligent women (not saying they arent) and putting their brains to more creditied used.

As for parents, mothers specifically even though parenthood is VERY important and they do deserve alot of credit i still do think a single or married with no children woman who is doing her best deserves any less respect than a mother.

As long as any woman (person) respects themselves and the people around them and does the best they can do then that is what makes them worth being respected

8. Matthew

Gold Member

Thank you for saying that, Lee. And it shouldn't be hard for anyone to find women they can respect.

9. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Got a really difficult problem to figure out? Call on a woman. While a guy is planning, figuring and worrying over it, a woman is getting it done.

11. LikembigID

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I respect the women in my family alot. They are all strong,smart women who don't take crap from anyone. My mother does body and fender work and graduated top of her class while taking care of three kids.My Aunt bow hunts with the best of them. And cleans her own deer. Thanks for the thread. Motherhood is a job to be respected but is so often over looked. When my hubbie says wht he does people listen and ask questions about it. When I say what I do people just move on no questions asked at all.My kids are 4. 3 and 9 months. How nice it is to read the posts here from men who know a womans worth is equally important as their own. Thnks for the thread.

12. rhino_horn

rhino_horn New Member

well, the playboy girls have a choice...they can either wear skimpy clothing and degrade themselves while living in a dump, or wear skimpy clothing and degrade themselves while living with hugh in his mansion.

i agree with you there. respectable women have something else with them...like...umm:confused:...CLASS, thats it, class. those are women you can actually talk to and/or admire...still just sex objects but sexier than sluts.

*not that im not attracted to sluts, but once your done, you just want to leave before your semen has a chance to dry...or before she wakes up without her makeup on

13. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

That was my point my friend! I agree entirely! I am as tired of radical feminist drivel as much any other person.

And I agree that fatherhood is extremely important as well, but thats not entirely the point of the thread. I think the point (if I have this correctly) is the poster wants examples of female role models or particular female icons that generate the utmost respect.

With that being said, and after thinking things thru...I still say that any good woman, mother, and/or wife is one who lives and dies for her family and children. Whehther she be a major corporation CEO, President of the US, or a cocktail waitress makes no difference to me.

OmahaBeef

14. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    They don't have to do anything. They're there because they like that sort of attention from "strangers." Those bunnies have chosen their lives. In their eyes, the men who hit on them like dogs are the ones being degraded.

See: My inbox of private messages. lol

If you feel that you cannot respect certain women because they are "degrading" themselves, it's you that is truly bringing them down a grade. You are sitting in judgement of individuals who have chosen to depict themselves in a certain fashion, and frankly those who have portrayed themselves, of their own volition in this "disrespectful" manner, know that it's not really about respect. It's about self worth and esteem. It's not about what your measurement.

If you are vexed by anything, it is not due to the thing itself, but your own estimate of it.

15. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

Preach, my sister! Who is any one adult or group thereof to tell any other adult or group thereof what kind of life is respectable? How puritanical.

16. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    So you'd have sex with a woman you despise enough to call a slut. What does that make you?

17. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    I respect men and women equally. Anything else is absurd, childish, sexist crap.

18. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

My Mum

and Spladle.

19. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the basic premise of this thread is extemely dodgy. It seems to suggest that women as a whole don't deserve respect and that to earn respect a woman has to be 'whiter than white' or do some act of superme heroism in order to scrape in with a chance of being respected. - That just occurred to me as I was cooking dinner with my wife just now. Ok. I'll go back to the kitchen now and shut up. :cool:

20. rhino_horn

rhino_horn New Member

a man?

Draft saved Draft deleted