Womens attitude to casual sex?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by solidsteel, Feb 4, 2012.

1. solidsteel

solidsteel New Member

Ladies, me and my friend are having a discussion. He went to a speed dating event last month and one of the women there had very old fashioned views. She said to him (they were discussing modern day sex/relationship attitudes) that she doesn't like the bar/clubs scene because most women (and men) that go there only do for one night stands.

What do you think about that?

Do many women today go to bars/clubs just looking for casual encounters/one nighters or pick-ups?

2. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

It's a matter of chemistry.

I have taken a man to a hotel after meeting at a club but that was only because there was an instant rapport and the lust was too intense to be ignored.

Going out specifically to pick up speaks of a certain lack of sexual discernment and while I wouldn't deride others who do, it's not my style.

3. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Although I could find a ONS pretty much anywhere, I guess if I specifically wanted one, bars/night clubs would be a pretty good place to start.

I don't go now because it's too noisy, I prefer a good pub or lounge - some place to have a conversation, although when I used to go to bars/clubs, I went to dance - not get picked up.

4. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

My friends and I used to go to clubs/bars to get pissed and hang out with our mates. Sex occasionally ended up happening, but that wasn't why we went there.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

What sub and LaFemme said.

6. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was single I rarely went to bars looking to hook up. I went to have fun and dance the night away. It was fun meeting guys there, and of course I knew what some of them wanted, but that's not why I was there. But I didn't feel like I could get a one night stand anytime I wanted.

7. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

All of the above.

8. rtg

rtg
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    FYI not all women are the same. It depends on the woman, the other person, and a whole range of other factors.

9. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

many women like casuals sex i personally need the emotions involved with sex. there is no universal for women.

10. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I think majority of people, men and women would agree if you want to pick up a one night stand you go to a bar. So therefore i would say yes most people are there to either flirt or pick up, regardless of if they want to admit.

And no i wouldn't go to a bar for this reason, it just isnt my scene or the type of guy i want to meet.

11. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hang on - there is a world of difference between saying a bar is a good place to go to fish for a casual sexual encounter and saying that most people who go there are there for that reason. I mean a large, spread out playground with loads of places from which kids can't be seen by their parents is a good place to go if you want to abduct a child but it would be a pretty fucking far stretch to say that most people there are looking to abduct a child!

12. D_Crystallized Ginger

So,and this could be sorta thread within the thread, where would you be willing to be picked up or to pick up a boy? And please bear in mind that 'everywhere as long as chemistry is involved' is a non answer

#12 D_Crystallized Ginger, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  13. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Pay me.

14. D_Crystallized Ginger

Hey man you are a parasite!! dont even care to hijack threads for attempting to get your fucking money..an homeless has way more dignity than you...

15. D_Harry_Pitz

D_Harry_Pitz New Member

A pigeon is a bird, but most birds are not a pigeon.
    Meaning: People looking for casual sex go to bars and clubs. But most people in clubs are not looking for casual sex.

In my experience the best place to pick up a woman for casual sex is at private parties or house parties. I think it is because of the vibe there. House parties and private parties are usually attended by friends and acquaintances of the host(s). Which means that the guests are probably more trustworthy than a random guy from a bar. Does this make any sense? Can the women relate to this?

16. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Don't talk to me about dignity, earsling. If you had a shred of it, you would long ago have sent me a PM requesting my paypal info. Pay your fucking debt, the debt you willingly agreed to, and I will leave you alone. We had an agreement, which we made in public, and you are now publicly refusing to honor it.

17. D_Crystallized Ginger

I just reported you for stalking me... first we had no agreement on the end of the survey, secondly you would be looked a real man if acknowledging your virtual win without requesting anything... they are 5 fucking eagles man... and I m not keen to do any transaction over the internet with my credit card, especially for such a creep purpose

18. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

That makes you a damnable dishonorable liar. You should not have entered into an agreement if you had no intention of abiding by it. You still have the option of doing the right thing. I'm not stalking you, not by any definition. You made a public agreement and have behaved dishonorably. Pay your debt.

19. D_Crystallized Ginger

you are a fool... I could have being lying... stating something on lpsg has no worth at all... you are a dangerous psycho and I hope this time I'll get rid of you

20. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hey, MW - how about you make a donation of the appropriate amount to a worthy cause and send Hick some proof you did so?

Here's a good one: SING : Homepage

Draft saved Draft deleted