Women's Feet

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i have always wondered how many other women, aside from myself, obsess about their feet?

there are some women i know who get regular pedicures topped with nice polish. then there are others who don't give a rat's ass about the amount of toe-jam they have, or how hard their calluses are.

i don't know if it's just me, but i feel sooo much more confident if my feet look pretty! my feet are always showing since i live in flip-flops, so i want them to look as nice as possible. pedicures can be pricey, however, i truly believe they're worth it. my nail salon charges about $25 with a foot massage included.

anyway, what do the women here on the boards think? how many of you take care of your feet? what are your thoughts?

i have also noticed the growing number of men who get pedicures too. any men care to share their thoughts as well?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a little OCD about foot care. :redface: I walk barefoot around the house year round and the yard in the summer. In addition I often wear open toe or sling back shoes even in winter. It bugs me to see people in sandals with crusty, rusty heels and mangy looking toes.

When I was working I did pedicures monthly even in the winter in New Jersey. My nail girl was surprised at first because in the north people tend to only get pedicures in the winter if they are going somewhere special. I did it just as routine maintenance.

Maybe it's cause I don't particularly like feet. Mine, or anyone elses. So I make the effort so they don't look like bear claws.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I've been with women (and even one guy) who almost felt ashamed of their feet.

I dunno ... I don't think about feet a lot, including mine, unless something's wrong. I've just never been with anyone whose feet were really a turn-off, or even worth giving a second thought to. Now, I have been with people where we've been messing around and I've done a "kiss them all over" sorta thing and they REALLY don't want me to get anywhere near their feet, 'cause they feel bad about how they look.

Never gotten a manicure or a pedicure; maybe I should try it. Part of me is just an old unreconstructed west coast hippie who doesn't want to get too fussy about his appearance. But that's me.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i definitely agree with NJQT! i think it's hideous and just plain wrong to see nasty feet on women no matter what time of the year it is! it's definitely one of my pet peeves. over-grown toe nails that are turning yellow or brown just sicken me. if i ruled the world, crusty toes, chipped nail polish, hang-nails, overgrown cuticles and chapped heels would be illegal everywhere!!!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
I've been with women (and even one guy) who almost felt ashamed of their feet.

I dunno ... I don't think about feet a lot, including mine, unless something's wrong. I've just never been with anyone whose feet were really a turn-off, or even worth giving a second thought to. Now, I have been with people where we've been messing around and I've done a "kiss them all over" sorta thing and they REALLY don't want me to get anywhere near their feet, 'cause they feel bad about how they look.

Never gotten a manicure or a pedicure; maybe I should try it. Part of me is just an old unreconstructed west coast hippie who doesn't want to get too fussy about his appearance. But that's me.

krispdx, you should definitely try a pedicure at least once. if you're ticklish don't feel bad. most people in the nail salons can't stop laughing when they're being massaged or scrubbed.

from what i've noticed a lot of people feel self-concious about their feet because they probably don't take better care of them. i always suggest going to get a pedicure, even regardless of what the esthiologist thinks. esthiologists are there to help make nails and feet look nicer!

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
krispdx, you should definitely try a pedicure at least once. if you're ticklish don't feel bad. most people in the nail salons can't stop laughing when they're being massaged or scrubbed.

from what i've noticed a lot of people feel self-concious about their feet because they probably don't take better care of them. i always suggest going to get a pedicure, even regardless of what the esthiologist thinks. esthiologists are there to help make nails and feet look nicer!

thanks, stacy, after what you said I just may try one

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dancers especially ballet dancers usually have ugly feet because of all the abuse they take. I took ballet for six years and while not heinous, my feet are not pretty. I think thats why I make sure to take care of them year round.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like feet, and I have never understood people who don't. Obviously, some people with reduced mobility (disability, old age, etc.) have an excuse for not managing to prioritise their foot care, but I agree that the rest of us should take a bit of care at least. I don't think it's necessary to go for professional pedicures. It's perfectly possible to make a really good job of looking after your own feet and it saves a fortune. But of course a pedicure and/or foot massage is lovely. These are things that couples can learn to do for each other. Mutual grooming is very bonding and more of us should make an effort to do these things for each other. If you're not in a relationship, you can still get together with a friend and do each other's feet. I bet the girls gan dig this better than the (straight) boys though, as there's much much more taboo about guys touching each other.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Dancers especially ballet dancers usually have ugly feet because of all the abuse they take. I took ballet for six years and while not heinous, my feet are not pretty. I think thats why I make sure to take care of them year round.

oh you poor thing! i couldn't imagine how hard you worked standing on your feet all that time. at least you didn't let your feet get out of control and you understand the importance of keeping them nice :redface:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
I like feet, and I have never understood people who don't. Obviously, some people with reduced mobility (disability, old age, etc.) have an excuse for not managing to prioritise their foot care, but I agree that the rest of us should take a bit of care at least. I don't think it's necessary to go for professional pedicures. It's perfectly possible to make a really good job of looking after your own feet and it saves a fortune. But of course a pedicure and/or foot massage is lovely. These are things that couples can learn to do for each other. Mutual grooming is very bonding and more of us should make an effort to do these things for each other. If you're not in a relationship, you can still get together with a friend and do each other's feet. I bet the girls gan dig this better than the (straight) boys though, as there's much much more taboo about guys touching each other.

yes, we girls do get together with our friends and paint each others' nails. it's also a slumber party ritual when you're growing up :smile:

i also think it's super cute when old people do the mutual grooming too. my friend's grandmother used to clip her grandfather's toe nails, and he would clip her toe nails and paint them as well.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, we girls do get together with our friends and paint each others' nails. it's also a slumber party ritual when you're growing up :smile:

i also think it's super cute when old people do the mutual grooming too. my friend's grandmother used to clip her grandfather's toe nails, and he would clip her toe nails and paint them as well.
Awwww, that is sooo sweet.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

An old gf of mine had been a ballet dancer. Her feet were pretty beaten up (bunions, etc.) but they were the least of her problems. She'd been at one of those traditional ballet schools from childhood and had been anorexic during puberty and was somewhat hirsute due to her hormones being screwed up, she also never grew breasts because of this - well, she had breasts but they were tiny. She was very self obsessed and had become a beauty therapist. I think she was harboring a lot of bitterness about being rejected by the ballet world and had turned on herself and blamed her body. Poor girl. It was a terrible shame as she was very attractive and had great posture - which in my mind completely compensated for being flat chested and not having very pretty feet - and that's speaking as a guy with a bit of a foot fetish.

Maia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I usually wear sandals of all sorts, so I keep my feet and toes well cared for. I also looove having my feet kissed and otherwise worshiped by other women and it would be rude to have them rough and gnarled :05:

blar

Experimental Member
Media
I absolutely detest women that don't put some care to their feet lol
A female firend of mine always says "who cares about feet" etc etc (yet she takes care of her feet ) but ugh.... nothing worst than sitting beside or in front of a women that has her legs crossed and has her crusty feet in the air for you to see.....or a girl that you are interested in has crusty nasty feet

I don't have a foot fetish and I know there are many women that are just born with not so good loking feet but darn if you are going to wear flip flops at least put some care to your feet

yea a friend of mine was a ballet dancer and the all the abuse did was make her feet wide so she doesn't have slender feet

drdna

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a man who recently had a pedicure; okay, well I was out with a bunch of friends, mostly female and they all decided to get pedicures and said come on why don't you get one too? So, I bowed to peer pressure. It was actually kind of fun. I didn't feel too bad because I was not the only guy getting a pedicure either.

I do obsess about clean well-kept feet actually. The way I see it, you ought to care enough about your body to stay healthy and keep yourself clean. Not taking care of your feet is like only cleaning the lip of a drinking glass or only cleaning the top half of a dish.

To me it says something about how much a person cares about herself and her attitude towards cleanliness in general. And, yes, filthy feet are a big turn-off for me.