Womens issues form..what a club elite

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Doesn't all this kinda validate the accusations made? I mean i could be wrong but err there have been a whole crap ton of other threads out there and none have gotten this amount of attention from the community.

No.

And she may well feel certain members have created an orthodoxy but if you actually read the posts of the people I believe she is talking about you will find diversity. And by that I mean actually read the posts and not just roll your eyes at the username and assume you know what it says.

Also, the last time I checked, no one has a monopoly on posting in the WI forum. If a person has a point to make he or she can make it - if people disagree they can disagree. I really don't get this whole idea that there is a gang of some kind preventing this. We are powerless to prevent it. I certainly don't want to limit the diversity of opinion on LPSG, I have always presented my own opinions in a forthright manner and I always will. I have no control over how others respond to that.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ok honestly now, if she had put it in WI don't you think it would have been moved?

Moved where?

She's been wanting our Women's Issues threads to be moved here to the Etc forum for days now. I suspect she was just getting the trend started on her own.

I don't think it was inappropriate for the WI's forum. I just think it's another weekly reminder of how much she thinks the WI's and those who participate in it because we keep the board clean of complete garbage or things that belong elsewhere we suggest should be moved to the appropriate forum.

She's due for another one of these complaint threads. Mostly because Dolfette had a thread that I created dedicated to her avatar (which has been a topic of discussion in many threads for years now) and she wants to dictate that only nicey nice conversations can happen between men and women over there regardless HOW ridiculous they get.

Like we've suggested she should create a fan group for herself and she'd be amazed at how many people would come out of the woodworks to give her the attention she desires. There are plenty of men who would sign up to receive the attention she wants to give them.

In the meantime, I think it's just another attempt to throw the site off-orbit where ever the women are likely to conglomerate.

D_Millard Fillermore

Account Disabled
Media
No.

And she may well feel certain members have created an orthodoxy but if you actually read the posts of the people I believe she is talking about you will find diversity. And by that I mean actually read the posts and not just roll your eyes at the username and assume you know what it says.

Also, the last time I checked, no one has a monopoly on posting in the WI forum. If a person has a point to make he or she can make it - if people disagree they can disagree. I really don't get this whole idea that there is a gang of some kind preventing this. We are powerless to prevent it. I certainly don't want to limit the diversity of opinion on LPSG, I have always presented my own opinions in a forthright manner and I always will. I have no control over how others respond to that.

Moved where?

She's been wanting our Women's Issues threads to be moved here to the Etc forum for days now. I suspect she was just getting the trend started on her own.

I don't think it was inappropriate for the WI's forum. I just think it's another weekly reminder of how much she thinks the WI's and those who participate in it because we keep the board clean of complete garbage or things that belong elsewhere we suggest should be moved to the appropriate forum.

She's due for another one of these complaint threads. Mostly because Dolfette had a thread that I created dedicated to her avatar (which has been a topic of discussion in many threads for years now) and she wants to dictate that only nicey nice conversations can happen between men and women over there regardless HOW ridiculous they get.

Like we've suggested she should create a fan group for herself and she'd be amazed at how many people would come out of the woodworks to give her the attention she desires. There are plenty of men who would sign up to receive the attention she wants to give them.

In the meantime, I think it's just another attempt to throw the site off-orbit where ever the women are likely to conglomerate.

I didn't say there was a monopoly. What i am saying is that people stopped what they normally do on this site to pay attention to her threads. The roll your eyes statement was awesome too cause...i didn't. What i said was this.

Attention seeking person gets attention from the very people she wanted attention from.

Seriously, if she was looking for attention....she got it.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Ok honestly now, if she had put it in WI don't you think it would have been moved?
Actually, she put this thread up in this forum and repeated the same complaints she repeated in the other one. She's trying to start a movement or something, I guess. I wish she'd just either try to fit in here or acknowledge that she doesn't and go elsewhere.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Moved where?

Without taking sides, chinagirl does have a point and you are running double standards. You say you keep the forum clean of garbage and move threads to appropriate areas but yet the thread about the avatar isn't a woman's issue.

I'm sure if it were other users doing the same then that thread would have been spammed and moved.
On another note there is a strong clique, even well established members here have noticed that the clique influence how some threads get manipulated, which generally lead to negativity.

D_Millard Fillermore

Account Disabled
Media
Actually, she put this thread up in this forum and repeated the same complaints she repeated in the other one. She's trying to start a movement or something, I guess. I wish she'd just either try to fit in here or acknowledge that she doesn't and go elsewhere.

And whether you know it or not, you guys are making it worse. I've seen a ton of people get put on ignore yet this issue will and i mean will get drawn out beyond belief.

Which....will validate her statements whether they are true or not.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Where would Dolfette's Thread be moved? To the Etc forum where most people who are exclusive to the Women's issues wouldn't find it to respond to it and those who are exclusive to Etc. forum would go WTF?

Garbage would constitute as carefully masked "Rate my cock" threads. Anything that has to do with a particular female poster (her health, surgeries, avatar) is acceptable to most (including the male and female moderators) and if you want to call that a Clique, then by all means do so.

I've been here long enough to see that the only issues that are considered garbage are those who can not be applied to the women there or issues those women might be going through. China wants anything and everything that she doesn't like to be thrown out. There is a standard of thread quality that has been around for many years and no one has had an issue with it until now.

What gives? There are 22 forums here, 1 of them is for women. An extremely small percentage of LPSG is comprised of females, why can't that forum be ran by a majority who can determine what is and what is not acceptable?

Last edited by a moderator:

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Are you serious. People wonder why threads like this pop up.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think I can speak for the entire Moderation team when I say- ONE Women's Issues forum is enough, thank you very much.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think what China is saying is that she sees a rigid orthodoxy in the Women's forum, and that, as with all orthodoxy, has become intolerant of any alternative opinions.

Actually, I think she's complaining that no one agrees with her. Intolerance would mean banning. What happens in the WI Forum is different. The rules of the Politics Forum wound up being changed by the admins because it became a cacophony. The rules of the WI Forum were formed mostly in input from the members who participate there most. That place has some extremely bought-in members.

There are many places here I rarely if ever bother to explore, and I consider my time spent here (usually) well-spent. Just because I have a penis doesn't necessarily mean that I'm obliged to open the Healthy Penis Forum and slog through the endless, pointless circumcision threads :wink:. And even though I really enjoy many threads in the RD & J Forum, I'm pretty much over the "fluidity" argument when it comes to sexual orientation, so I decline participating in those threads, too. If China doesn't like the mood in WI, then why bother? There reaches a point where someone who relentlessly writes posts that are contemptuous of the majority's opinions and beliefs turns into a kind of troll.

She's certainly free to post whatever she wants, but no one is required to agree with her. I don't claim to visit the WI Forum every day, but I can't say that I've noticed a Lord of The Flies tone about the place. I do concur that, due to high levels of perceived (most often unintentional) misogyny here at LPSG, there is a lot of tone policing. But orthodoxy's a bit of an overstatement I think.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I concur Bbucko.

I think anytime there is such a small percentage of a gender anywhere and a majority of that gender is getting along and enjoying the company of one another- those who aren't doing well to get along with that small group is going to think there is a "Clique" against the rest.

The men who agree with her often find her to be right up their alley for the type of woman they are looking for (and nothing she says can be wrong) or they are feeling left out of the group that works hard to get along with one another in a site that has a misogynistic cup that runneth over. I don't think she's been here nearly long enough to be able to tell everyone what to do.

She's been given options and advice and refuses to take it. She has more than shown her ability to create thought provoking posts that could draw in a crowd of people who would like her and encourage her to post more. But then she reads something she doesn't like and throws a tantrum about it and gets a lot of pages of people arguing with her and arguing with each other over it.

This argument is literally NO different than the previous threads she did to poorly mask her hatred for the women here and the LPSG culture that has been in existence for YEARS.

D_Millard Fillermore

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, I am. She hasn't the right to come to a site with an established culture and immediately begin making demands that things be made instantly different to suit her personal tastes.

Alright this is out of curiosity only because i'm sure other people will have the same question but how do you earn the right to make demands here. Further more who already has those rights?

Sorry for breaking off the topic. I'm just curious.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where would Dolfette's Thread be moved? To the Etc forum where most people who are exclusive to the Women's issues wouldn't find it to respond to it and those who are exclusive to Etc. forum would go WTF?

Garbage would constitute as carefully masked "Rate my cock" threads. Anything that has to do with a particular female poster (her health, surgeries, avatar) is acceptable to most (including the male and female moderators) and if you want to call that a Clique, then by all means do so.

I've been here long enough to see that the only issues that are considered garbage are those who can not be applied to the women there or issues those women might be going through. China wants anything and everything that she doesn't like to be thrown out. There is a standard of thread quality that has been around for many years and no one has had an issue with it until now.

What gives?

So its alright to put a thread in a certain areas because of other peoples inability to click on other sections. That makes sense!? That's their own choice if they do not want to exploit other sections on the forum.

Personally I think it could fit in-
Relationships- ie the avatar is linked to current/past state/emotion. Or that its your relationship with dolfs over the years or however long.

Show off- its a visual expression.

Etc- just off topic, random thread.

Etc would be my preferences tbh.

Well i know for a fact, including myself that yes people do have a problem with it at times. Shock horror some are even old school members. I know there's been times where I've thought "fuck it" what's the point using LPSG. It shouldnt be like that.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't believe you understand the difference between an open mind and an empty head.
I do. I haven't accused any one of either, though. It's not my place to judge, especially when I really don't know the whole story on this issue.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Alright this is out of curiosity only because i'm sure other people will have the same question but how do you earn the right to make demands here. Further more who already has those rights?

Sorry for breaking off the topic. I'm just curious.
It's not necessary to make demands and no one earns that right. You fit in, In whatever quirky way is comfortable for you. Most people here, including the ones being accused of being part of a clique, will accept you if you don't come in guns blazing, trying to reform the place. It's the normal way of things anywhere, be it a club or a workplace or a web forum. You do that and you'll get a big fat raspberry right back at you.