Womens issues form..what a club elite

B_chinagirl4u2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, why don't you and all the other women who have experienced the same problems as you get together? Oh wait... Is it just you in this club?

Hmmmmm....

No , I think most just read the bs on that sub forum and stay out of it as I have chosen to do as well now.

titan_hamer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder how many times I have seen a thread like this over the years. The "elite" female members change as do the "non-elite", but very little actual social change takes place.

When people disagree they argue that is simply fact. When those same people have a number advantage they gang up on the fewer. It doesn't have to be some huge plan it is simply instinct "safety in numbers".

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@petite - yeah actually, I guess you're right! I forget how long I've been here, I don't really come here often so I still feel kinda 'new'.

LOL, yes I remember that little incident, I can laugh about it now.... But in all honesty I can say that maybe it was I that over-reacted and got too sensitive about it all...

Oh well.. live and learn I guess! Thanks for the reply..

No problem. :smile:

You seem really nice and you aren't difficult to get along with, so you get along even when there's a real misunderstanding, which is the case with people who come here and make friends.

I feel like the OP is blaming problems caused by her own behavior on everyone else. She keeps making sweeping statements that don't reflect my experience of being a newbie at LPSG and I don't think her accusations are fair.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
UGH! Why won't this thread just DIE already.

This is an Internet Forum. Name me ONE Internet Forum where you can just come in as a Noob and run the place. There's not one. Nowhere on the Internet.

You have to earn your stripes, and let the people here get comfortable with you. That's what Hickboy and so many others have tried to say to you Politely, Chinagirl. You don't seem to be getting it.

Yes, there are a lot of strong personalities here. Yes, people can come across as abrasive and sometimes unfriendly. And yes, dare I say, that there are some cliques that do form on the website in various forums.

You do have some valid points. However, the way you are going about it is wrong, IMO. It just serves to rile people up. I am aware that English is not your first language. I'm not sure how much you actually use the language on a daily basis, so sometimes, the finer nuances of the language, especially over the internet can be a bit difficult.

I'm also not sure how much you understand about the global and multi-cultural nature of the Web. It's more than just Chinese and American cultures on here. There's a lot of in between, and for every poster, there's a different idea.

I'm thinking that perhaps this is not translating very well to you. No harm, no foul, stuff happens, and it's hard for certain nuances to come through over the net, especially with the written word. Sarcasm, irony, and humor do not translate well. Even for a native American English speaker.

However, when someone makes a polite suggestion to you, you tend to Poo poo it, like the time when you started a thread on birth control methods. Someone politely suggested that there was another thread, and you would be better served bumping that one, and reading the responses. You basically said "No. I like My thread better."

Also, Like many have said, every forum has a culture. You either acclimate to that culture, or you don't post. It seems as though you have decided not to post in the Women's Issues forum. That's fine; but starting this thread is very childish, IMO, and a gigantic Flounce. Basically it's saying, "Screw you guys. I'm taking my toys and going home."

It's rather disapointing, especially because I can tell from your posts that you are very strong minded, very intelligent, and you have a lot that you can contribute to this site. I just think you'd be better served dialing down the attitude a notch.

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, why don't you and all the other women who have experienced the same problems as you get together?

And how would you suggest this is done, petite?

If a thread were ever started on this topic, the bullies would be the first in there, stirring up trouble, throwing insults around, and making sure those that said anything against them got banned.

Oh wait... Is it just you in this club?

No, it's not just her.

I haven't had time to read this whole topic, and I don't know all the details behind this "drama". But I can say one thing.... this place can be VERY intimidating for newer people like myself.

This is the situation that has developed; The bullies have such a rule of the boards, creating a culture of fear and intimidation, that other people are afraid to post.

This is why I admire chinagirl for speaking out at all. She's probably the bravest woman on these boards.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, quiet_man. Don't be so disingenuous. It's not like you've even attempted to be nice to anyone or get along with people.

After all, your first post was a request to be verified and this was your second post:

Man's guide to LPSG: - Have fun, enjoy the site!

Woman's guide to LPSG: - Whine, whine, whine, whinge, whinge, whinge.

No wonder why you're also experiencing a dearth of friends here.

You are reinforcing my belief that the both of you are blaming others for problems caused by your own behavior.

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Oh, quiet_man. Don't be so disingenuous. It's not like you've even attempted to be nice to anyone or get along with people.

I've never attempted to get along with the bullies, that much is true.

Most of what I'm talking about is not based on my own experience, but from reading the threads here, and seeing what happens.

The same names turning up on post after post, with the same belligerent, demeaning attitude, especially if the poster is male.

About that 2nd post I made, regarding "Mademoiselle Rouge's Women's Guide To LPSG" - if you actually READ her guide, you'll find that what she's written is basically a list of complaints about men and male behavior on LPSG. There is nothing in there that is actually POSITIVE about the site, and nothing at all about how to get the most fun out of it; her "guide" is more or less a manifesto encouraging mean-spiritedness towards men on LPSG. That is why I made that comment, which I stand by.

I've not really thought of you as one of the bullies, though petite, so I'm not sure why you are springing to their defense.

Last edited:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Most of what I'm talking about is not based on my own experience, but from reading the threads here, and seeing what happens.

The same names turning up on post after post, with the same belligerent, demeaning attitude, especially if the poster is male.

I've not really thought of you as one of them, though petite, so I'm not sure why you are springing to their defense.

Really. Someone who delights in being contrary, if your post history is any indication, is lamenting the fact that this is not a "Welcoming" forum, and it's full of "Bullies."

You really need to check yourself.

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I've not really thought of you as one of them, though petite, so I'm not sure why you are springing to their defense.

Sure, thanks, but that doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion.

I've seen your name in the threads and I have to say that when people are harsh to you, it's not because you were just being totally innocent and someone just picked on you for no reason. You often write provocative and accusatory things. You walked in to LPSG with a chip on your shoulder about the women here, that's what I saw when I looked at your posts.

Well, if you're abrasive, people are going to be abrasive back to you. You seem to see how people react to you and chinagirl, but you don't seem to see why those people reacted the way that they did.

I don't understand why you appear to think this has something to do with gender when china is a woman and you claim she's experienced the same problems as you. That would appear to contradict your implication that there is unfair man-hating going on in there.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Did I mention I wasn't popular in school growing up? I just found my niche elsewhere in life and on the interwebz. Some sites weren't for me. Maybe LPSG isn't for you? Stop making it like school when it's so damn easy to fit in around here with a majority....

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
See, now if some of the comments in this thread were true, we'd have just banned you for that.

Thankfully the actual truth, and the bollocks often offered as truth around here, aren't the same thing :tongue:

Actually, I would never have said "fuck off" to anyone on this site prior to reading this thread.

But now, because it has been revealed that Manlybannisters has been allowed to do this time and time again, without any kind of reprimand, I know that it's perfectly safe to say this, because if I get banned for it, the moderators hypocrisy will be revealed to all. Especially in this thread, of all threads.

Fuck off Aconitium!

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Actually, I would never have said "fuck off" to anyone on this site prior to reading this thread.

But now, because it has been revealed that Manlybannisters has been allowed to do this time and time again, without any kind of reprimand, I know that it's perfectly safe to say this, because if I get banned for it, the moderators hypocrisy will be revealed to all. Especially in this thread, of all threads.

Fuck off Aconitium!

See, I'm kind of a special case when it comes to insults...

If we banned everyone who told me to fuck off, made some type of personal attack in my direction or otherwise insulted me or tried to piss me off, we'd have no one left!

(Oh wow, I just realized how much easier being admin would be if that were the case... *Edits ToS*)

I still don't quite understand why everyone seems to think the likes of ManlyB and MR can get away with anything they like and never get "punished"? There was enough public discussion surrounding the events! :eek:

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Really. Someone who delights in being contrary, if your post history is any indication, is lamenting the fact that this is not a "Welcoming" forum, and it's full of "Bullies."

I don't delight in being contrary. Ironically this is what the bullies do!

I like to reveal and stand up for the truth.

aninnymouse, I checked your profile and discovered that you have one friend on this entire site, and it just happens to be (guess who) Mademoiselle Rouge!

Perhaps your opinion is somewhat biased?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

About that 2nd post I made, regarding "Mademoiselle Rouge's Women's Guide To LPSG" - if you actually READ her guide, you'll find that what she's written is basically a list of complaints about men and male behavior on LPSG. There is nothing in there that is actually POSITIVE about the site, and nothing at all about how to get the most fun out of it; her "guide" is more or less a manifesto encouraging mean-spiritedness towards men on LPSG. That is why I made that comment, which I stand by.

I've not really thought of you as one of the bullies, though petite, so I'm not sure why you are springing to their defense.

Shall I give you a Lolli for your astute observations or the fact that i pulled you out of your woman-hating shell 2nd post here? Hell I deserve the lollipop. I like red obviously.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
See, I'm kind of a special case when it comes to insults...

If we banned everyone who told me to fuck off, made some type of personal attack in my direction or otherwise insulted me or tried to piss me off, we'd have no one left!

(Oh wow, I just realized how much easier being admin would be if that were the case... *Edits ToS*)

I still don't quite understand why everyone seems to think the likes of ManlyB and MR can get away with anything they like and never get "punished"? There was enough public discussion surrounding the events! :eek:

:shhh:

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Shall I give you a Lolli for your astute observations or the fact that i pulled you out of your woman-hating shell 2nd post here?

I'll take the Loli for my astute observations, thanks. Because I'm not a woman-hater. Quite the opposite.

But this reveals one of the bullies' favorite tactics - if a man disagrees with them, they instantly label him a MISOGYNIST!

Last edited: