women's issues questionaire

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i ask, you answer.

1, how do you feel about strangers making comments about your body in public?

2, do you feel that you have equality in your day to day life?

3, how soon after meeting a guy might you get physical, and do you ever get physical when you're not sure you want to?

4, where do you stand on the issue of prostitution?

5, how do you feel about motherhood?

6, how do you feel about ageing?

7, do you ever use feminine wiles to make your life easier, and how do you feel about doing so?

8, how important is it to you to be seen as feminine and attractive?

9, what are your roles and duties regarding the men in your life?

10, what would you like to see change with regards women in your society?

B_HornyAuzzie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
1. Well I know my body if someone says i have a bit of a gut ill make a joke about it, but if someone were to say I was overly fat I would get annoyed.

2. Equality as in interaction with both sexes? If this is what you ment, not really.

3. Well if it was a girl I would leave that up to her.

4. It's legal here in Australia (in brothels) but street whoring is illegal (which is good to many drugs and to dangerious for the ladies) I think its a great service and keeps some people from maybe raping someone if they cant get some action.

5. We all have mothers. lol I guess I cant comment on this one properly.

6. I think we all get a little scared aging, but not much we can do about it.

7. No, and im not really a sexy guy so I dont ever use male charm to get something either.

8. As a guy I like to be me, I like to have the long hair and beard thats my choice...

9. ill skip this one

10. I think some women can be to judgemental at times, usally because they have been burnt by some other creep in there life. I find im a nice guy but I cant tell when a women has her firewall up.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i ask, you answer.

i hate it. i don't feel complimented by being reduced to meat in a butcher's window. i hate it most when things are said in front of my children, because it shows disrespect towards them and the mother/child relationship.
day to day, i feel that i mostly have equality. i know that i earn less because my job is a predominantly female role, but as long as i can make ends meet i don't stress.
3, how soon after meeting a guy might you get physical, and do you ever get physical when you're not sure you want to?
these days it's months or even years. i want to feel like we really know each other, that he is trustworthy and safe to be with.
when i was younger i would tend to leap into relationships. on a couple of occasions we were a full on couple within weeks of meeting.
these days i have more at stake and i'm happy being on my own, so i'm not going to get involved unless/until i'm sure that it's worth the effort.
it should be legal, it should be regulated and it should be respected. illegal as it is, girls don't feel like the police are on their side... in a career that leaves women so vulnerable to abuse and assault, i believe it's vital to have the law protecting them.
i'd like to see properly run brothels with girls getting a fair cut, security guards on duty, panic alarms and mandatory use of condoms.
there were points, especially when i was pregnant or the kids were babies, that i felt 'mother' is all people saw when they looked at me. i was determined to stay home with my kids at least until they were full time at school because i didn't feel that childcare could give them as much as i do.
when the kids got older i felt like i had to rediscover my identity. i went through several makeup, hair and clothing styles. i took adult education courses to wake my brain up, drag it out of telly tubby land and into the adult world.
my eldest isn't far off being an adult and i feel like the time taken out of my life was worth it.
but...
i chose that. had i not had the choice, i wonder if i might resent.
i'm ok with ageing. i'm happier with my body now, because the feeling of strength i get from the muscle mass i've added is great. when i was young and model perfect i wasn't anywhere near as sure of myself. i wouldn't turn back the clock even if i could.
i work with the elderly and i've come to realise that there's a beauty in ageing.
but...
i live in a youth obsessed culture. being called ageing or old is a standard insult, which i only find insulting on the level that it assumes i'm shallow enough to be offended. we all age.
7, do you ever use feminine wiles to make your life easier, and how do you feel about doing so?
i used to. i don't now.
i'd rather do things for myself and enjoy a sense of achievement, or pay to get it done and feel like i'm not in debt to anyone.
very, but not in the obvious way. it's less about what you see when you look at me and more about what i see when i look in the mirror. i find it hard not to look feminine... a 36E hourglass figure looks feminine in anything. i try to look nice rather than attractive. i'm not trying to attract anyone.
i have none at the moment.
i've been a housewife, a plaything, a fuck buddy, but right now i'm not involved enough to have any duty.
i'd like to see less violence against women. i'd like young women to feel more empowered with regards sex... not just to have sex but also to not have sex.
i'd love to see more women in politics! we're still woefully underrepresented.
i'd like to see less emphasis on being coupled up. there's nothing wrong with being single or waiting for the right relationship.
that took fucking ages!

Last edited:

B_chinagirl4u2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
1, how do you feel about strangers making comments about your body in public? does not bother me really

2, do you feel that you have equality in your day to day life? yes

3, how soon after meeting a guy might you get physical, and do you ever get physical when you're not sure you want to? depends on the situation and no never do if I dont want to

4, where do you stand on the issue of prostitution? its a job like anyother, Firmly against trafficking or slaverly

5, how do you feel about motherhood? i'm sure it has its rewards

6, how do you feel about ageing? it happens

7, do you ever use feminine wiles to make your life easier, and how do you feel about doing so? its natural

8, how important is it to you to be seen as feminine and attractive? why would any woman not want to be feminine and seen as attractive ?

9, what are your roles and duties regarding the men in your life? ,my roles and duties, I try to be a good wife to my hubby, a good daughter to my father, a good sister to brother and others

10, what would you like to see change with regards women in your society? i guess , i wish more would marry for love, not material comfort

btw, great thresd Dolfette

Last edited:

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1, how do you feel about strangers making comments about your body in public? If the comments don't come across as aggressive or creepy then I find it very flattering.

2, do you feel that you have equality in your day to day life? I don't feel like a lesser person in my day to day life but I have notice I get certain perks as men will give up their seat for me on the bus or hold the door open for me at stores where they don't for men. I grew up in with my mom and daddy who viewed each other as equals but each had their roles in life which fell within traditional gender roles. I respect that and love that way of life.

3, how soon after meeting a guy might you get physical, and do you ever get physical when you're not sure you want to? My boyfriend and i got intimate the second time we saw each other and it was lovely. I think people shouldn't look down on others who sleep with each other on the first date.

4, where do you stand on the issue of prostitution? I think ti should be legal and regulated and taxed.

5, how do you feel about motherhood? I have wanted to be a mother since I was little. For me there is no more important role in life than wife and mother.

6, how do you feel about ageing? It is wonderful to age and gain knowledge.

7, do you ever use feminine wiles to make your life easier, and how do you feel about doing so? I don't do it intentionally but I have gotten better seats while traveling, and free drinks at clubs (but I don't drink) etc.

8, how important is it to you to be seen as feminine and attractive? As a trans woman this is incredibly important to be seen as feminine and to "pass" in day to day life.

9, what are your roles and duties regarding the men in your life? For me to stand by his side and to love and support him. I am his cook, maid, lover and friend. I am his rock and he is mine.

10, what would you like to see change with regards women in your society?I would like to see feminism praise traditional roles for women and not view women who are house wives and stay at home mothers as lesser women. I would also like to see trans women more embrace within the feminist community.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would also like to see trans women more embrace within the feminist community.
i never considered that before...
i would hope that the essence of feminism is to be able to make life choices regardless of the gender you were born to.
do you feel embraced by the more feminist women on this site?

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the most part women are fine with me on this site but in real life some second wave feminist view trans women as trying to maintain "traditional" stereotypical feminine roles. This may come across in the beginning as trans women transition and try to pass in everyday life however like all people trans women vary. There is no ideal for trans women in their views, ideals and life choices.

B_chinagirl4u2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For the most part women are fine with me on this site but in real life some second wave feminist view trans women as trying to maintain "traditional" stereotypical feminine roles. This may come across in the beginning as trans women transition and try to pass in everyday life however like all people trans women vary. There is no ideal for trans women in their views, ideals and life choices.

I for one embrace you, sister :smile:

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ah, because they think we should all be the same they think you becoming female is wrong?

feminazis :rolleyes:

they're as bad as the misogynists they loathe. they've just created their own new set of gender roles to foist on people.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ah, because they think we should all be the same they think you becoming female is wrong?

feminazis :rolleyes:

they're as bad as the misogynists they loathe. they've just created their own new set of gender roles to foist on people.

Yeah though I do not want to paint all feminist with the same brush. Feminists have done so much good for women that we should never lump the bad apples with the amazing feminist that are out there.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah though I do not want to paint all feminist with the same brush. Feminists have done so much good for women that we should never lump the bad apples with the amazing feminist that are out there.
i know. i'm a feminist myself.

it's like religion. you get the normal, reasonable people of faith. you also get the crazy extremists.

feminazis aren't real feminists, because denying women the right to the traditional gender roles is as damaging as forcing them to conform to them.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

it's like religion. you get the normal, reasonable people of faith. you also get the crazy extremists.

feminazis aren't real feminists, because denying women the right to the traditional gender roles is as damaging as forcing them to conform to them.

I agree with that. It is so sad that they think in that way.

B_chinagirl4u2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

:banana: agree 100 %

Last edited:

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really likes China's. I'm pretty much in synch with that type of person.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find the term "feminazi" offensive, as it was coined by Rush Limbaugh as a pejorative referring to ANY woman with liberal or progressive politics. He made no distinction between radical feminists and others or whatever you women are trying to do by using the term. I'm actually floored that I'm hearing women call other women by this horrible name.

Further, to compare women with more radical feminist politics that you to nazis? I don't know, I don't see any of these women, no matter how noxious, putting people in death camps.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find the term "feminazi" offensive, as it was coined by Rush Limbaugh as a pejorative referring to ANY woman with liberal or progressive politics. He made no distinction between radical feminists and others or whatever you women are trying to do by using the term. I'm actually floored that I'm hearing women call other women by this horrible name.

Further, to compare women with more radical feminist politics that you to nazis? I don't know, I don't see any of these women, no matter how noxious, putting people in death camps.
the origin of the word means nothing to me.
some american dude made up a word...
are you going to censor every word coined by meanies?
and can you prove that he was the first to use the word?

i think it describes the most extreme cases perfectly.
the extremist views they push,
the vilification of a group of people.
i'm offended by women who say all men are rapists,
or all men should be chemically castrated.
(yes, i've heard those views and worse)
the nazis believed in forced castration too.

that they are ''other women'' doesn't give them a pass.

vile extremists are vile extremists.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
i ask, you answer.

Answering before reading anyone else's responses.

It doesn't happen very often - when it is positive I don't mind it too much but feel self-conscious. If it is sexual I rarely take it as positive regardless, because it feels demeaning to be judged like that, for the good or the bad. If it is negative I feel embarrassed and angry and I try to act like I didn't hear it - it's been a long time since I dignified that kind of thing with a response.
I don't mind a general compliment too much, as long as it is friendly, non-aggressive and doesn't require a response.

No. I'm a lone-parent (not single but not currently able to live with my other half) looking for traditional employment after a so-called break to have a raise offspring (I have worked from home in that time, but that doesn't seem to count for some reason). I find the way I'm dismissed and ignored and the assumption made about what kind of employee I will be to be very discriminatory.
I also find in other aspects of my life I am expected to do certain things and put up with certain things that I do not feel a man would be expected to do and put up with. Part of that may be that the area I live in (rural) is more 'traditional' in outlook than I was used to before.

Immediately, if I want to and he does too. I can't answer the second part so well if you mean with new guys. If you mean with Hickboy, then no - I never get physical if I don't want to - I rarely don't want to. Did I ever get physical when I didn't want to in previous relationships? Yes, once. It was horrible but the only way to shut him up and let me sleep - I was recovering from being incredibly ill and had a young baby to care for, I needed to sleep. Other than that one time, no, I don't recall ever doing anything sexual I didn't want to. A few times I'd start into something with a guy decide it wasn't working for me and stop.

I wish it didn't happen, I wish there wasn't a market for it. but there is and I'm a realist so I'd like to see it legalised (or at least decriminalised) and the men and women who work as sex-workers working with reasonable healthy and safely conditions. And their clients paying VAT.

Positively. Without going into to detail, it brings me more joy daily than I thought possible. It's given me a new appreciation for my own mother too.

I've never cared too much about aging. I'm rather looking forward to be 40 though. Can't quite say why.

Not really. I'd consider it dishonest to require that men and women be treated equally and then attempt to receive different treatment for being female.

That HickBoy sees me as attractive? it's important - well the attractive bit - I'm a bit unclear on what feminine means, or is supposed to mean, anyway. It's important to me he thinks of me as womanly. Other people, I really don't care.

I have a duty of care, love and honesty to all the people in my life. I have the role of being me - it's the only one I know how to play. I don't distinguish between men and women. If you mean my partner specifically, well I show more of myself, physically, psychologically and spiritually to Hickboy than anyone else, that doesn't change the duties of care, love and honesty we have to each other, or our roles as us.

I'd like to see genuine equality. That doesn't mean everyone being treated exactly the same regardless - to me that means that everyone should have the same rights regardless and that each of us should be taken on our own, specific merits as individuals. I think that would benefit both men and women and allow us all so more more freedom. I get so tired of all the questions here 'Do women want/like/do *insert random thing*' (sometimes literally :wink:) and the same for questions about men wanting/liking/doing things - we're all different - there is no one thing all men or all women like/want or do. Ever.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Not to be argumentative or anything...but Grammar Nazis & Soup Nazis aren't known for doing this either. ;)

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't like it. it makes me uncomfortable.

yes. if i feel something isn't equal i say something about it.

i have gotten physical when i wasn't sure i wanted to, but this has only happened with a partner. i tend to go thru long periods of time without being physical with anyone. how quickly: i like to know the person for a few months at least.

i think it should be legalized.

motherhood is a good thing.

ageing is good. look at the alternative.

yeah, i have. probably not politically correct, but, doesn't bother me.

not so important. i can't control how someone else sees me.

no man in my life and there hasn't been for over a year. i hate roles and duties.

much more gender equality.

Last edited: