Women's Issues Random Thoughts

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The boy no longer asks why my bras and underwear are in the freezer. :blush:

In the summer, I wear dresses that won't require a bra, and under them, boys husky swim trunks. Boys, so they aren't too long. Husky, because I'm an adult. LOL When I get hot, I take them off, and run cold water on the mesh. I wring out the mesh. The trunks themselves keep the dress dry, but the mesh stays damp for a while. Bonus points for finding a nice breeze while the mesh is damp.

Reactions: MickeyLee and Ed69

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the summer, I wear dresses that won't require a bra, and under them, boys husky swim trunks. Boys, so they aren't too long. Husky, because I'm an adult. LOL When I get hot, I take them off, and run cold water on the mesh. I wring out the mesh. The trunks themselves keep the dress dry, but the mesh stays damp for a while. Bonus points for finding a nice breeze while the mesh is damp.

ETA: you have to buy really cheap ones. Nicer ones use better material that dries faster.

Reactions: MickeyLee

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
HA! I found heaps of weighted blanket tutorials online. Some easier than others. Not only will I make my own blanket, I am so gonna make a weighted cooling bra!

Currently on my way to the fabric store to fondle cotton fabrics.

Reactions: LaFemme and Enid

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Update: making a weighted quilt. That way I can add extra quilting to each square so my beads don't lump up in the lower corners.

Thanks, for posting, Ms. @Enid. I am stoked about learning a new thing

Reactions: LaFemme and Enid

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Update: making a weighted quilt. That way I can add extra quilting to each square so my beads don't lump up in the lower corners.

So excited for you! I have no earthly clue what the process is to make one, didn't even know tutorials were available online. I've had my eye on several different kinds for a while now, been wanting to get, but that brand was the first I'd seen that offers cooling. I get wicked hot at night. Of course, it's 300 bucks, yowza. Let me know how it goes :)

Reactions: Deedeemarie

I've made two of them... one for an ex, one for my sis. Strongly suggest making a duvet cover, too. You CAN wash the quilt, but do you really want something that heavy clunking around in the dryer? I sewed buttons on the corners of the weighted quilt and loops into the corners of the duvet to keep it in place.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've made two of them... one for an ex, one for my sis. Strongly suggest making a duvet cover, too. You CAN wash the quilt, but do you really want something that heavy clunking around in the dryer? I sewed buttons on the corners of the weighted quilt and loops into the corners of the duvet to keep it in place.

Thank you for the knowledge share. Right now I am researching wicking/cooling materials for the body. I kinda wanna stay natural fabrics but I don't think that is going to happen.

Any suggestions would be the love.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for the knowledge share. Right now I am researching wicking/cooling materials for the body. I kinda wanna stay natural fabrics but I don't think that is going to happen.

Wool and silk can be wicking. It's why I wear wool socks. I have never had a stinky foot day since.

True confession: my socks are only mostly wool. I don't remember what else they are. I used to be brand loyal, but I'm really not anymore, so there's no telling who made any of my socks at this point.

I had some silk undies for camping. They are lost now, very sadly. But they worked well too.

Anyway, a great place for your research to begin would be wools and silks.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
20180702.png

FWIW- The beads i got didnt retain heat
https://www.joann.com/plastic-stuffng-bead/1758416.html#q=poly beads&start=1

Since I did the duvet, I just used a sturdy but inexpensive cotton blend. I'd focus on the wick-i-ness for the duvet and do something strong for the comforter.

Here's one of the tutorials that I referred to
calming the senses with weighted blankets

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I found a cooling blanket at a good price, about the size of the end quilt I want (cotton/wool blend and insanely soft) I using flannel for the upper since I have a crazy insane flannel collection. I'm thinking the flannel will stop a person from feeling the beads.

Thank you for the update. Kinda confirmed my thoughts with practical experienceI. Very
valuable

I cut all my squares over the weekend. I'll stitch everything together over the next few nights. By then the blanket should arrive.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I thought when we get older our hair is supposed to thin out a bit.

Mine is not cooperative at 47. Still weighs 5 pounds in a bun. It's so coarse and thick and far too heavy.

And I hate doing henna on this whole business because it takes so damn long (Surya cream is preferred brand, chocolate + mahogany) and since I hate chemically colored hair for me, I'm stuck with gross, thick, coarse, silver, ashy brown color I hate which weighs a ton on my neck when I take it down at night. I'm contemplating cutting it off at night in frustration.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I posted the same article below in politics - gun control thread as well, but it intersects on issues of women's rights as well.

Triple homicide leaves ex-wife dead after protection request denied

Before she and two others were shot dead near Ardmore on Sunday, Debra Ann Rivera twice had asked a judge to order her ex-husband to surrender his guns because of alleged abuse.

The request was denied both times.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With the addition of kale to my daily smoothie, I have achieved the highest level of white girl.
*wears yoga pants, drinks smoothie through reuable straw* I have become something amazing and unknowable.
Try kale and red cabbage in a salad, yummy stuff!
No yoga pants for me, swiss b.d.u. pants all the time. Love the extra pockets.

P.S. I do have an aluminium straw from 7/11.:grinning:

Reactions: MickeyLee

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reactions: MickeyLee and Enid