Women's Issues Random Thoughts

what do you ladies think of our body images?

do you think we get fed a lot by the media still? we should be this way, that way.

Ladies and gentlemen both. I cared about it for a bit by not wearing much feminine clothing, etc. to go somewhat against what seemed popular/etc. Now I don't care. I like skirts and dresses on my own. I like what I like and I don't care if it fits or doesn't fit gender conforming and/or mainstream stuff. It's quite nice :)

Reactions: Enid

what do you ladies think of our body images?

do you think we get fed a lot by the media still? we should be this way, that way.

I've always done my own thing for my own reasons.

I've taken that "stereotyping" own it, use it and weaponize it for my own ends.
It's a costume, camouflage that can be changed at will.
The fabulous thing is that under societies expectation I can be a social
chameleon with just a outfit change and a slight adjustment in posture and attitude.
All perfectly acceptable and falls under the heading of feminine frivolousness.

Reactions: Enid and Spartan727

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've pretty much fully thrown out the Western Standard of Beauty for myself. How I like to wear my skin doesn't fit with how the magazine covers say I should. I do fit a blending of sub-genre uniforms. Gender-queer, Non-binary, Body Mod, with a splash of Goth/Old School Industrial. And sometimes I wear footie pajamas to work.

I think most women do choose to opt into The Ideal. Even if women dress for themselves they tend to stay within the style of what is acceptable and what is attractive in their cultures. No shame in trying to emulate what you find attractive. *shrug*

It's scary to separate your worth from your attractiveness. We have everything telling us, as women, that first, we must be pleasing to others. Rejecting that system is often met with hostility. People will openly stare and comment on your appearance.

There have been times in my life directly rejected beauty standards. Cuz I felt like saying fuck you with my very presence. Now I am happier with just wearing what I want to wear, how I want to wear it. My one rule is clean enough to not stink. That's my standard. God, I am lazy.

Reactions: Enid and Spartan727

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Colorado Springs (Colorado, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ladies and gentlemen both. I cared about it for a bit by not wearing much feminine clothing, etc. to go somewhat against what seemed popular/etc. Now I don't care. I like skirts and dresses on my own. I like what I like and I don't care if it fits or doesn't fit gender conforming and/or mainstream stuff. It's quite nice :)
I'm a girlie girl by choice. I mean come on how can you not love the color pink ;-)

Do Girlie girl’s really have to like pink?
I don’t care for pink, I’m sure it looks beautiful on you but not me!!
I like dark navy.

Do Girlie girl’s really have to like pink?
I don’t care for pink, I’m sure it looks beautiful on you but not me!!
I like dark navy.

I'm with you.
I don't have a single item of clothing that's pink.
In fact, I actively detest it.

Reactions: Spartan727

A little of my clothing, mostly under garments has some pink. So do a couple multicolor tops with floral designs. A lot (most) of my clothing is black, grey, or red. I wear a lot of ankle length skirts, some 1950s ish dresses (including a petticoat), etc. Nothing wrong with pink, but it isn't one of my favorite colors, especially not for apparel.

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m not a conformist I am honestly the one that will show you which cow ate the cabbage. I’ve always been more of a Tomboy into sports. Always had long hair
One length cut it all off and donated it to locks of love when my mom was diagnosed w cancer. People stereo type females w short hair very frequently, automatically assuming I’m gay. I don’t care what people think. Honestly if I want to have sex in the park with a squirrel it’s my business and changes nothing..... I have never been a prima Donna - girlie girl. I’m not comfortable
In heels or a dress. I wear a uniform everyday to work. I wear lace undergarments when I’m off. On duty it’s Under Armor. I guess I’m different I can see sexy in females in more than their looks.
Like here each of you give off a aura in your posts.
If your comfortable that’s all that matters no one can do you better than you!
Circumstances or society doesn’t determine who you are, you do! (Of course it’s a choice)

Reactions: Enid

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My hair is so pink and so in-your-face that I try not to wear anything that has pink in it as to not compete with the hair and then just be pink on pink on pink maybe that's why I like pink is that I don't have a lot of it in my wardrobe

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A little of my clothing, mostly under garments has some pink. So do a couple multicolor tops with floral designs. A lot (most) of my clothing is black, grey, or red. I wear a lot of ankle length skirts, some 1950s ish dresses (including a petticoat), etc. Nothing wrong with pink, but it isn't one of my favorite colors, especially not for apparel.
I like that style “Fade” that is classy!

I love pink. Blue a little more. Totally a girlie girl, but can play basketball with the boys, and be just as dirty lol!

Oh, for hair I'm all over the place. It has been so long I cut it very short and donated it after getting sick of sitting on it all the damn time. I've had it buzzed to a quarter of an inch a few times, I've had a mohawk, it has been different shades of red, a few shades of purple too. My sweetie likes longer hair, so I've let it get to about my shoulder blades. I'm growing it out, but I trim it now and then because split ends. Haven't found something to really fix that problem. My hair is really fine and breaks super easily *grumble* Maybe before we get married I'll splurge and get the oil slick dye job done on my hair. I'm not spending gobs of money to keep/maintain it for long term, though.

Edited to add: I miss having it an inch long or shorter. So low maintenance...

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I’ve learned anything in my career and life it is do not assume or judge anyone.
We don’t know their life experiences or where they come from. There could be a reason why this person chooses this.
I am in no position to judge or stereo type anyone.
If you’re happy I’m happy for you
Please let m be happy. I think people can be very shallow at times.
My brother inlaw has lived a very sheltered life. He was at my house for a week for training and needed a hair cut I took him to a popular barber, there was a girl w blue hair. He commented about her. I noticed he was actually shaking, I asked him if he was nervous he said yes. I assured him it would be ok. And then the young lady w the blue hair came over to get him. (Out of 10 barbers - she cut his hair) He loved his hair cut. And has gone back to her several times.
He just wasn’t exposed, hadn’t seen it.
Sometimes that’s the case too