Women's locker rooms

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Locker rooms get a ton of questions in the other parts of the forum. Reading them reveals that there are a lot of really complicated thoughts going on with guys in the locker room or even those who are contemplating using one.

Is there anything akin to the mixture of neurosis and vanity.in Women's Locker Rooms? Please tell me no.

In all the years of going to the gym I have never witnessed or heard talk about other women engaging in questionable, sleazy behaviors like you read about happening in men's locker rooms.

I read it and I feel sickened.

If I was a straight guy I'd be going home or work to shower and completely bypass the locker room completely.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In all the years of going to the gym I have never witnessed or heard talk about other women engaging in questionable, sleazy behaviors like you read about happening in men's locker rooms.

I read it and I feel sickened.

If I was a straight guy I'd be going home or work to shower and completely bypass the locker room completely.

I have been in a lot of locker rooms, saunas and steam rooms. I have seen almost nothing that is akin to the stories here. Sure some guys parade around a bit, but I think the idea that the steam room or wherever turns into and orgy or a mutual masturbation situation is probably pretty fanciful.

I use the locker room to get changed because it is convenient and it allows a little more flexibility of when you can work out. It had never occured to me the number of penile gymnastics going through some guys' heads until I saw so many threads on it here.

D

deleted924715

I go straight home to shower - I like my stuff and my space and I don't like carting around a big holdall. Never seen anything dodgy getting my coat though!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
When I read the locker room threads, I cannot help but think how the guys who are afraid someone is scoping their junk get a millisecond of what it's like to be female.
Reduced to sexual characteristics, violations of privacy and personal boundaries, the feeling of objectification....

As for my own experiences in locker rooms, they have been positive. Lots of "pardon me" and "oh, where are the towels?" And similar.
Nudity runs the gamut from able to change under a towel ( I have that skill) to wandering without a stitch on.
The worst thing that's ever happened was getting in someone's cologne overspray.
Back to the shower.

Well, aside from one catty woman who berated me for not shaving. As if it is her business.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I read the locker room threads, I cannot help but think how the guys who are afraid someone is scoping their junk get a millisecond of what it's like to be female.
Reduced to sexual characteristics, violations of privacy and personal boundaries, the feeling of objectification....

As for my own experiences in locker rooms, they have been positive. Lots of "pardon me" and "oh, where are the towels?" And similar.
Nudity runs the gamut from able to change under a towel ( I have that skill) to wandering without a stitch on.
The worst thing that's ever happened was getting in someone's cologne overspray.
Back to the shower.

Well, aside from one catty woman who berated me for not shaving. As if it is her business.

I hadn't really thought about men having their body objectified in this situation. Excellent point.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
even in locker rooms at predominantly queer establishments the goings-on have been nothing other than above board.
very get ya business done and run.

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually go to a ladies gym (yes I'm fluffy but fit) and it is pretty much normal. Like Scarletbegonia said, you go in change, shower, get your stuff and leave. Never been hit on or noticed another woman scoping me out.

Reactions: Bonfire

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I lived in Atlanta I would go to the gym for lunch. I showered there but was always covered. I never so much as saw partial nudity much less any type of weird activity.

Now I come home to shower after the gym.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never noticed anything happening in the locker room. Women are normally changing, putting on make-up, drying hair, etc. I converse with the ladies I know and get back on the floor to workout or leave.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've seen a lot of women enter the privacy stalls to change, emerge from the shower changed, or change in toilet stalls. For the most part, I've seen women just do what they have to do and split. In one gym, I used to stretch in the locker room because it was the only place I could find something to rest my leg on. At the time, I only knew ballet cool-down routines. I used to get weird looks, probably because I'm no dancer type. I've goofed off with friends in a locker room, but even then, aside from one outlandish distraction one time, we basically changed quickly and got on with our day. I've seen some women do full hair and makeup before leaving. Now I go to a gym with no locker room. We grab our car keys and protein shakes from our cubbies and go home with WOD brain. It's probably not great for the rest of society.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yup. Women's locker rooms are pretty boring. I've seen full out nudity to the change-under-a-towel types. All ages and body varieties. Women just go in and get it done. Friends may chat while changing or putting makeup on, but otherwise it's just business.

To be honest, the change room after the pool always helped me with body acceptance. Women really do come in all shapes and sizes. There seems to be, in my experience, very little shame between women in the change room.