Women's march

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The website for the Women's March supports LGBTQIA. But they say Q is for Queer.
Q is for Questioning, not Queer. Right? L&G covers Queer.
They just lost credibility with me.

Queer: 1) An umbrella term sometimes used by LGBTQA people to refer to the entire LGBT community. 2) An alternative that some people use to "queer" the idea of the labels and categories such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, etc. Similar to the concept of genderqueer. It is important to note that the word queer is an in-group term, and a word that can be considered offensive to some people, depending on their generation, geographic location, and relationship with the word.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Queer: 1) An umbrella term sometimes used by LGBTQA people to refer to the entire LGBT community. 2) An alternative that some people use to "queer" the idea of the labels and categories such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, etc. Similar to the concept of genderqueer. It is important to note that the word queer is an in-group term, and a word that can be considered offensive to some people, depending on their generation, geographic location, and relationship with the word.
Exactly. To say that the Q means queer is redundant, and excludes the Questioning

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
your heterosexual white male privilege is showing, Mr. TwoTon ;)

as someone who identifies as Queer i promise you the th L and G does not cover Queer
we are own unique color of the rainbow. i don't fit the L or the G.
i don't fit the B,T,I, or A

my Q is for Queer include not only my sexuality, it's also covers my gender, my kink level and my general out look on life.
i am Queer *waves lil rainbow flag*

folks who are questioning usually fall under one of the LGBTQIA
they are questioning if they are gay or lesbian or where ever they fall on the not straight spectrum.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The website for the Women's March supports LGBTQIA. But they say Q is for Queer.
Q is for Questioning, not Queer. Right? L&G covers Queer.
They just lost credibility with me.
This is the funniest post in awhile.

Reactions: MickeyLee

TheMeatyProfessor

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
And the alphabet still remains incomplete: LGBTQQIAA2SP refers to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, allies, two spirit, and pansexual.

But all that doesn't fit on a business card so easily.

Reactions: 950483

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

as someone who identifies as Queer i promise you the th L and G does not cover Queer

my Q is for Queer include not only my sexuality, it's also covers my gender, my kink level and my general out look on life.

they are questioning if they are gay or lesbian or where ever they fall on the not straight spectrum.

But this is why they're Questioning. And if Q means Queer (which is news to me, because other sources I've seen use Q as Questioning) I demand another Q. Without a second Q--and by that I mean a first Q, because Questioning should come before Queer--I cannot and will not support the march.

But this is why they're Questioning. And if Q means Queer (which is news to me, because other sources I've seen use Q as Questioning) I demand another Q. Without a second Q--and by that I mean a first Q, because Questioning should come before Queer--I cannot and will not support the march.
I'm pretty sure the Q originally meant 'queer' before it ever meant 'questioning'.
We'd better cancel it then. :(.

My oldest child, a beautiful queer adult, has helped me to understand things pretty much exactly as explained above by MickeyLee.

Reactions: hunghorse30

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

am i missing some brilliant ass trolling? o_O

what does supporting a Woman's March have to do with your Q use disapproval?

I'm not questioning my orientation or gender identity, and fall under the Q for queer too. I list myself as female on here, because it's the easiest. I'm not transgender and I have a uterus and I'm fine with female pronouns.

+1 to what mickeylee said

Reactions: MickeyLee

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
what does supporting a Woman's March have to do with your Q use disapproval?

Nothing, really. It really did start out as a legit question about the Q. In times past, when I wanted to know what all the letters stood for, Q was definitely Questioning, as a way of welcoming in those who aren't willing to settle on an L, G, B, or T identity without a period of discernment. The times, they are a-changin'.

I wasn't trolling, just making some silly comments. I should've used italic green font to indicate sarcasm, snark, etc.