Women's view of holding hands

modestlyhung

1st Like
Media
I wasn't able to find a previous post of this. If there is feel free to link to it.

Women, what does holding your man's hand mean to you, particularly when you're first dating? A girl who I was seeing (it never went anywhere) told me she spoke to her roommates after our first date where I held her hand. She explained that for some girls holding hands is more intimate than kissing.

For me holding hands is YES, intimate, but not as much as kissing. It has always been more of a safe first move. If you're dating a girl, trying to hold her hand is a much safer move than trying to kiss her. If she doesn't bite then you can play it off and act like nothing happened, but if you try and kiss her and she doesn't want to then that is an awkward situation that you can't pretend didn't happen. Make sense?

What are your thoughts?

Lorraine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To me holding hands mean you wish to be close with that person to share a connection, yeah it can be more intimate than a kiss, its like when a guy holds a woman's hand right when he is going to ask her to marry him. Just a special romantic feeling.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was never that into PDA, but do I love to hold hands. Sometimes at a party when you are both talking to different people and he reaches out and entwines his fingers in yours it can speak volumes. From "I'm ready to go now," to "this party isn't so bad," or "do you think the host would flip out if we moved the coats and did it on the bed in the guestroom. " :biggrin1:

I can tell early on if a relationship is going to work out just based on how our hands fit together. :cool:

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think it is more intimate than kissing. It is a physical connection, which is nice if that is what you want.
For the first date I don't think it was too much, but that is for me.

modestlyhung

1st Like
Media
Okay. So then if it's clear that what you have with the other person is going to end up being more physical than emotional what should be the first move? Go in for a kiss. Arm around her shoulder while watching a move (yeah, cliche, I know). As I said for me holding hands has ALWAYS been the first move. What would be a safe alternative that leads more to just sex if that's where the night is going?

overflow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually hold hands because i am so attracted to that person. for me holding hands generates sexual heat.