Womens view of "size"

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by thirdlegmeat, Aug 12, 2005.

1. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

I found this poll on the internet that was very interesting. It is about penis size and women's views regarding size. It also dives into related issues, such as "crotch watching," bulges, etc.

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=3649730206

Apparently most women DO appreciate large endowments (at least visually). They also seem to "size" guys up from the very first encounter.

Enjoy!

2. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

Hmmmm, interesting poll, although I don't know how accurate a gauge it is for the female population in general since something like 56% of those responding were 21 or less. Also, some of the questions seemed kind of bizarre - i.e., "what do you think of a man who wears lycra shorts?" :p

3. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

Agreed SG.

I also noticed the age disparity and some "bizarre" questions.

But interesting none-the-less.

4. loser_emo_kid

loser_emo_kid New Member

well it's good to know i've at least got a chance.

are there any guys out there that are over three inches wide? never mind. don't answer that.

5. jonb

Gold Member

Doesn't surprise me. Women always talk about my shoes and other things like that. Yes, ladies, we hear those comments.

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, we sure hope so! Women may feel forced to be more discreet about such things, but we do still hope a guy notices when we are looking at him with appreciation.

7. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

It's probably exaggerated a bit because internet polls tend to be self-selecting. Only a woman who's already somewhat interested in the subject would be likely to fill out all the questions. And the internet's audience skews somewhat younger and more educated than the general population. One ex-girlfriend of mine told me that my speaking style tended to have sporadic, but predictable eye contact, which made it very easy for her to check me out discreetly soon after we met. Funny what you find out about yourself.

I think the "tights" part of that question was weirder than the lycra shorts. Certain workouts and bicycling make lycra shorts pretty common (although I don't wear them), common enough that you can't assume that all those guys are gay. A guy wearing tights on the other hand....that seems like a different category to me.

8. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, but if I said something about "nice legs" or "nice rack", most women would get all offended. But what are you going to do? Sex makes everyone into a hypocrite.

9. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yeah, but if I said something about "nice legs" or "nice rack", most women would get all offended. But what are you going to do? Sex makes everyone into a hypocrite.
    [post=335892]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I'm pretty happy when someone says "nice legs" or "nice rack". I'm not offended until they're saying "I'd sure like to stick my dick in THERE" without getting prior confirmation of my interest in them.

10. Imported

Gold Member

orionsword57:

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I'm pretty happy when someone says "nice legs" or "nice rack". I'm not offended until they're saying "I'd sure like to stick my dick in THERE" without getting prior confirmation of my interest in them.
    [post=335897]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

There are ways of saying anything, but whether a person is open to intimate comment or not should be pretty clear. Anyone with a modicum of experience should know when a person has crossed the threshold of being interested in another's comment. MZ's "prior confirmation" probably means that she has learned enough about the man in question to be open to his observations. By then, she has done the things people do to let him know that. I'm only guessing, but it probably does not mean that she has actually had to tell the guy... "hey, you can tell me you want to fuck me now." Telling a woman she has a great body, or that you desire her, can be, and should be done is stages of intimacy. It is like any mating dance. You can tell a new female acquaintance that she's a "knockout" and get the point across. She knows whether she has great tits or a great body, so she knows what you mean and you have stayed in decorum. But I ramble on....

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well yeah. We make more innocent comments then look for the reactions (hopefully) before moving further. If a guy says "nice tits" and I grunt out a "thanks" and shoot him a look of disgust, I want him to get the message without forcing me to say something derrisive. If I say "thanks, you're pretty hot yourself" and smile widely at him, then I expect he knows he can continue if he so chooses. That's the system I use if I compliment a guy, it works pretty well.

12. blar

blar New Member

lol looking at that for me is like looking at the penis size debate site and thinking that is factual infomation lol

13. jonb

Gold Member

Guys actually say "I'd sure like to stick my dick in THERE."?

As I said, though, sex turns everyone into hypocrites.

14. Knight

Knight New Member

3" width is pretty rare...mine is 2.something" and that's hard...also what's this about the dick being pointed "straight up"? If I did that itd be out of my jeans. The ex did that in the cinema, I was like 'f'in hell, there are people behind us, they can see!'. Mine is usually down the left leg. Sorry ladies :D

Strange poll...don't think it was very accurate.

15. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I'm going to mention the "I=lose" statement. :p

16. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

Gentlemen, OF COURSE WE LOOK!!!!

And jonb, zora gave you a wonderful answer to the question you posed... I don't have a problem with men making general comments - flattery will get you everywhere. My problem stems when they make assumptions that I am "interested."

17. jonb

Gold Member

Especially since for so long straight guys haven't done a thing to improve their bodies to make you interested. No gym, no dieting, no nothing. Right?

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, there are some straight guys who take more interest in their appearance, but those are rarely the ones I find attractive anyway. I don't care if a guy just woke up and wears the same clothes out of the house he slept in. If he's cute to me, it's not really about dieting and exercise. Usually it's mischief in his eyes, poetry, affected shyness (meaning he's not really all that shy), curiousness, being opinionated and being sexually creative. I'm more likely to check out the quiet one skulking in the corner than the guy who's too eager to show me his stuff. Of course, band guys give you an opportunity to stare unapologetically, but I can't even get into a guy by looks alone then- I have to like their music.

19. jonb

Gold Member

Mostly that was a joke. But it seems female sexuality is far more complicated. Case in point, guys almost always have an orgasm. We can only fake it if we're wearing condoms or something, and it's not really healthy for us to do so anyway.

20. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

Madame Zora, I actually laughed when I read the whole "affected shyness" comment. Honestly, I'm not THAT social of a person, but I've noticed that if I don't give too much of myself away early in a conversation and kind of "flirt with my eyes" (maybe you know what I mean) that it elicits a better response among women than being really forward. Once I get the physical contact signs though (a woman touching my chest softly, slapping me on the shoulder when I make a funny comment) than I start to open up more with the flirty comments. Seems to work too !!

Draft saved Draft deleted