Womens viewpoint

JoeAgain: Ok ladies, I am posting this here to get a woman's perspective.

There is a girl in the office I work at, she and I are the only ones in the whole office under the age of 30, so basically we started hanging out by default. She is engaged, and knows I am as well. We always go to lunch together, and usually neither of us want anything to eat, so we basically waste an hour driving around and bullshitting etc. Now I know that the people in the office think there's something going on (but I've never been the kind of person to adjust my actions based on other people's perceptions), but up until this point it has been completely innocent.

Recently though, since the weather has been nicer, we have been going to this park near our work and just walking around and shit, it has a nice lake and bike paths and what-not. Now my question comes in here. The other day we took a path we usually don't. On this path we came to a small play area for kids. In this area were some monkey bars and stuff. She made the comment about how much she used to love playing on them when she was younger. I said she should go ahead. She said she couldn't because she was wearing a skirt, and didn't have any panties on.

Now, at the time I was completely oblivious, and continued on. However now I'm thinking about it, and it seems that she could have just said no, but there was a reason she wanted me to know she wasn't wearing any panties.

My question for the ladies is this: am I reading too much into this? Is it usual to offhandedly say soemthing like this, something that a normal woman would volunteer? Was I a moron who missed a blatant come-on? Not that I would have acted on it anyway, but it is always an ego boost to be desired, or am I just making it out to be more than it is?

As always thanks in advance for any insight =)

Tender: i would never under practically ANY circumstance tell a casual friend (guy or otherwise), that i wasnt wearing any panties, while walking in a park :eek:

secondly, if you wish to remain engaged, you should leave this woman alone-- preferably as far as you can get.

third, you might be lucky if someone doesnt tell your girlfriend they think you are up to something.

and fourth, i feel sorry for this woman's fiance. She doesnt sound like much of a faithful catch :(

Tender

bblumbee: I agree with Tender! Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I ever tell ANYONE that I was not wearing panties.

It sounds as if your 'friend' is looking for more than friendship. Women, like men, are blatant about things, but if she has any dignity and is a lady, she would have never made any suggestions stating her attire, or lack thereof. I strongly encourage you to end your lunch excursions with her and other outings. Trust me, it could easily be manipulated into something else, which consequently sounds like that is the path she is heading.

And finally, if I were your fiance and knew this, we would definitely be having some conversations. This is pure blatant disrespect for you, your friendship and your fiance.

RUN - just RUN!

bb

JoeAgain: Thanks guys.
I may not have been clear enough that I had no intentions of persuing the matter, and I agree that if she meant something more by it that I should sever ties, which I have done. I just didn't want to take action when there was a possibility I was making a big deal out of nothing. Of course all the guys I've asked said the same thing, but the only girls I trust enough to ask a question like that would definately have told my fiance, which would be creating a problem for no reason. I mean I was oblivious when the comment was made exactly because I was not looking for that, and now have severed the friendship, so I see no need to let her know.

Like I said, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little ego boost to be come on to like that, but I don't think that makes me a bad person =)