Women's Views on Male Circumcision

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I honestly don't understand why so many circumcised men (a few have PMed me on the subject) and some women think uncirced men smell!

I've had an equal number of cut/uncut partners, and I have to say, not a single intact man had issues with smell/hygiene/whatever. There has been NO difference in my experience. Not even hours after a shower. Hours after sex, with no cleanup, maybe . . but that's what water+soap/baby wipes/towels are for. Who are all these grimy men people are coming in contact with?

As an added bonus, all the intact men I've been with wipe after they pee, which is something none of my cut boyfriends did . . so they were the ones I was sending to the shower. I don't know if that's a US vs Europe thing, or a cut vs uncut thing, but it's shown itself overwhelmingly in partners and friends.

I love the look and feel of uncut, as a personal aesthetic preference, but there's nothing wrong with cut. I just like the look of the skin rolled over the head a bit, like a secret or a present waiting to be unwrapped. But what's with all the misconceptions?

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I thought foreskin trapped the naturel lubracants designed to stop the glans from drying out completely?

I have never in my life had smegma build ups, washing daily is enough to remove all traces, for me anyways and the only smell i could confess to is when precum is left in the foreskin say over night, in the morning it can hum mildly. Pre could be responsable for any slight stickness too, unless infection is a possability?

Maintaining a foreskin usually requires just a simply wash in the shower once a day? I've never expereienced any problems.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Exactly, mine used to smell only a few hours after washing it. It used to go sticky as well.
I didn't word my question optimally so I'm going rephrase it. Sorry about that.

Are you implying any/all intact penises will start smelling a few hours later?

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I find it fascinating to note that Matt specifically asked for female views on circumcision

He didn't ask in this particular thread for male views

Matt has other threads that invite male views
However certain males on this site cannot resist the urge to slag off circumcised guys and rant and rave
Very interesting to note which males have provided a view which they were not asked to provide

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Damian, if you're suggesting I get out, forget it! I'm in it because Matt used an offensive word: smell.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I find it fascinating to note that Matt specifically asked for female views on circumcision

He didn't ask in this particular thread for male views

Matt has other threads that invite male views
However certain males on this site cannot resist the urge to slag off circumcised guys and rant and rave
Very interesting to note which males have provided a view which they were not asked to provide

Wasn't aimed at you rugby puppy chill dude! X
However us guys need to stay off this thread

Everybody is free to post in any thread they like at LPSG. Just 'cause someone states in their OP that they'd like opinions from a certain gender or kind of people doesn't mean anyone has to abide by that. In fact, whenever someone states that they'd like a response from a certain group it's pretty much guaranteed that those excluded will respond if only out of protest. You and he (though he's not making a big deal of it) need to realize that and get over it.

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I didn't word my question optimally so I'm going rephrase it. Sorry about that.

Are you implying any/all intact penises will start smelling a few hours later?

When I had a foreskin I used to wash it once or twice every day. A few hours later it nearl always had gone sticky due to smegma. The smegma did indeed have a smell.
I cannot speak for every man in the world who has a foreskin but having spoken to other lads about what it's like having a foreskin, they have told me that their glans also goes sticky and smelly due to smegma.
Personally, I wasn't keen on the smell. Of course there may be other guys and girls out there who like the smell of smegma on a penis. Each to their own I guess.
I certainly don't mean to offend anyone by using the word "smell". It is my personal opinion about how my penis used to be before I was circumcised.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cut but wish that I had the option to not be cut. LOL.

And Steve, damn... He is talking about his own personal experience with being uncut. Maybe if you were in his shoes, you would have gone in and got cut as well???? Hmmm? :confused:

Scarlet Thelema

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Living on this side of the world, most men I've encountered have been circumcised. Though this practice is decreasing, it's unfortunately still common. Another reason why I prefer European men ;)

In terms of my personal preference, uncut is FAR better. More motion, more sliding, more sensation for both partners, and depending on the man, it can add a bit to his size. As long as he keeps it clean (washes daily), there shouldn't be any problem.

I'm single now, and if I found out that a guy I was interested in was circumcised, I wouldn't continue with a relationship.

Dan the man

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and depending on the man, it can add a bit to his size.

I'm single now, and if I found out that a guy I was interested in was circumcised, I wouldn't continue with a relationship.

Foreskin doesn't add size and no man should measure his cock to include it.

What if you really, really liked a guy who was circumsized, possibly even falling in love with him? You'd bin him because of his circumsized cock? Lol sorry but, sounds a bit shallow and obsessive to me.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh. Ooh. Oooh! Who mentioned this subject? Awe, don’t get me started, please don’t get me started – not unless you like the colour green! (Steps back, takes deep breath while gripping wrist and closing eyes and utters the monosyllable, ‘Calm, calm, calm. Clears throat then steps up to the microphone) Ok, as some of you may have guessed, I’m not in favour of infantile circumcision and the flagrant abuse of human rights that it engenders. Adults, I couldn’t give a toss about; it’s their shit, they do what they like with it. But kids; na. Mine has left me harbour resentment towards my parents and the establishment, but having made the decision and taken the steps I say they brought it upon themselves and I doubt I’m the only one that feels that way. the good news is it’s not so bad I want to kill over it.

You ladies though, by and large, you seem to understand; you know you wouldn’t agree with it being done to the fairer sex. God bless the Western world and all who sail in her, because it happens in other cultures. One of the reasons for it is the fear a woman will enjoy sex too much (if at all!) and might be inclined to become unfaithful; after all, you don’t miss what you don’t have, do you?

The loss of a male foreskin also means the loss of sensation. The foreskin contains many nerve endings that make the area as sensitive as the lips (hay come on now, I mean round the mouth) or finger tips. Now here’s a little experiment you can do. Take a couple of small pointed items, say needles of cocktail sticks; hold them with one hand so as the points are about an inch apart and then gently prod the back of the opposite hand. Next, do the same to the back of you calf muscle and note the difference? I guarantee you’ll feel two distinct points on your hand and only one on the back of your leg. The reason for this is the difference between the amount of nerve endings in each area; you know you’re being touched both times, but in the leg it’s more vague.

A further degradation of sensation is that in removing the foreskin you also remove the protection it offers and the glance of the penis then develops extra layers of skin to compensate. This means the nerve endings in the glance are further from the surface and point of contact during sex, adding to the overall loss. I know some men having opted for circumcision will dismiss this as rubbish, and I can understand that form of denial; desire can be very persuasive.

As for odour: how many of us have stood next to the smelly armpit of someone hanging on to a strap suspended from the ceiling of a crowded train? Despite washing frequently, perspiration can be a real problem for some people, but we don’t cut off their arms because of it. In fact there’s a school of thought that says, if they didn’t wash they would have less of a problem, as is claimed with dredlocks. Odour is caused by bacteria attacking the chemicals we give off, especially when found on clean skin. Once the area becomes contaminated with bodily excretion and dead bacteria, it's less attractive to the same bacteria and other bacteria come along with different odours. How many time do you hear people say, ‘I don’t mind the smell of fresh sweat, but stale sweat, eck.’ The same thing happens with smelly feet; that particular bacteria, incidentally, being used in producing certain cheeses (just food for thought).

While similar processes take place in and around the genitalia of both sexes, bodily systems are in place to regulate and help keep those areas clean. Remember that nature doesn’t make soap or deodorants, we do. Conception depends on a high level of cleanliness in all animals and theses systems take care of that. In fact chemicals contained in the products we use to clean our bits and pieces with have, in some cases, cased irritation for partners with allergies. Having said all that, my own level of hygiene is impeccable; I bath once a year, whether I need it or not!

It was in more recent years that I learned about foreskin restoration and embarked on a program and while it’s proving quite successful in appearance and increased sensitivity in the glance(the layers of skin having reduced), it will never be the same. The nerves were denser in the original skin and can’t be replaced. Of course, I would much prefer not having to go to extreme measures and don’t see why men should be forced to. It’s high time this barbaric and out dated practice ceased; there aren’t even medical grounds why a new born child should be subject to this anaesthetic less practice; it serves no purpose other than condemning the men to a life of substandard sex and lining pockets of others. Ladies raise you voice; lobby those politicians!

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Matt, nice insult to those who have foreskins. You're learning well from your peers.

Steve this is a perfect example of your extreme and unwarranted and inbalanced behaviour. Matt specifically asked for womens views on circumcision. Not mens views. For the most part this was respected. Matt then replied to the replies from the ladies. Its at that point that you couldn't stand hovering in the wings any longer and had to indulge your drug like obsession and dive bomb in and have a go. It shows just how fixated you have become and how you need to feed your addiction by bombarding anyone who comments on circumcision or dares to question the merits of a foreskin. You need to visit a doctor and face your issues. Lpsg is not a shrinks couch you need to go elsewhere to get the help closure and satisfaction you so clearly need. It is clearly obvious to anyone reading your postings that you have never come to terms with the fact that u got circumcised and that this has generated huge deeply damaging issues inside u towards your own body, your parents, other circumcised people and commentators on the subject in general. You yourself have admitted on lpsg that you are quick tempered and prone to releasing your pent up rage. You need to address your issues and only you can do this. Trying to project your internal issues and unhappiness onto others on the lpsg site does you and them no good. I say all of this in a well meaning way and for your own good and because believe it or not I do respect you and I care.

Scarlet Thelema

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:rolleyes:

You'd be doing him a favor, saving him from a doomed relationship with such a small, shallow-minded person as yourself.

Actually, it's called 'honesty'.

I'm honest with myself, and with others, about my intentions, thoughts and actions at all times. If some perceive that as shallow, fine. Your perceptions are what limit you from seeing the truth.