Wonder how God feels about pink shirt wearing, acoustic guitar playing pussies?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just don't understand...why would this guy write a song about god's feelings on tobacco products? I know suicide is considered a mortal sin and all that other fun stuff, but does this guy really expect us to believe that god would not only consider smoking as a form of suicide, but actually take up a hateful position against the mechanism employed? Doesn't that sort of fly in the face of the notion that he imbued us with free will?

And why does he feel it necessary to repeatedly reiterate that being gay is nothing but a choice?!? DUH!!! Everyone knows that only they are in control of their own outlook...you either choose to be happy or you choose not to. What the fuck does that have to do with god hating cigarettes?

Pffft...and people think I'm strange for not believing in god...

EDIT:
Did anyone else get the impression that fella might have been a little bit on the homosexual side?

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's lame, whether a joke or not, I couldn't figure that out.(and takes 20 mins to download on a dial up) I didn't find any hyperlinks on the page.
If it was supposed to be serious, I wouldn't trust him alone with the altarboys.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am sure that God is LOVE. And that people hate.

God does not care about the Super Bowl, the half-time show, which team won the baseball game, or where my cock goes, no matter what people would lead you to believe.

People on the other hand...

Self-professed Christians need to learn to follow their own logic to the natural conclusion. If I believe in God, then I believe in an ultimate maker and that s/he made us all as we are. If I believe that, then s/he makes us with all the different variations of skin tone, orientation, height, weight, etc-- all the colors of the rainbow (in his/her image as God has everything in him/her).

No disagreement with science here; God's work is in the genetic code, right? Science is OF God (as my pastor once told me--man has separated the two to suit his own needs). God loves all of his creations, no matter what. Therefore, God loves me as I am as s/he made me so.

As DC DEEP would say, "What is so hard to understand about that?"

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The vid is about 3 min 24 sec long... did anyone else notice that, about 2 min 30 sec into it, one shot of him onstage it kinda looks like he has a big Ted Haggard load all over his moustache?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what. Therefore, God loves me as I am as s/he made me so.

What gets me is that we actually teach little kids this in Sunday School in mainstream denominations. After that age, we seem to just teach them our own cultural interpretations of the Gospel, whatever that might be. We should stop teaching Sunday school to kids older than 10 years old, because by then we have taught them the real Gospel.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's an actor. Follow Danny's links. This is just a dumb, poorly executed joke.

This is the real song that's being parodied on the other link. This guy is serious, as far as I know. Probably a relative of Phred Phelps.

Dannymawg, I must have missed your earlier post, I just saw this last night and ran with it- sorry pal.

As for him being "slightly gay", I spit diet dr. pepper across the room when he sang "Jesus is the only MAN for me!", it was kind of creepy.

Like I said, if your God isn't big enough to do his own judging, I don't need him. I doubt he's recruiting from the self-loathing redneck population.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
What gets me is how people alienate the many Christians who know that Christ tolerated, if not preferred, the company of the 'untouchables' to that of the Jewish religious leaders of the time, by labeling all Christians as haters. Christ may not have liked the behavior of the people he spent time with for very rational reasons, but he evidently did see their humanity and did love them.

I'm surprised that smart people don't spend more time using the Bible against the poor practicing, self-described Christians who assail their lives with hate. 'Turning the other cheek' is about not hating and not about remaining defenseless.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I think the Christains that you describe who feel and understand what you said would say that they get compliments and recognition from many of the members here.

Great, maybe the 'politically correct' could use quotes around "Christian" or use a lower case 'c' (christian) or use 'pseudo Christian' or pChristian for short or maybe for even shorter 'PC' :cool: ........ :rolleyes:

Because us 'descriptor' Christians are really having our feelings hurt.:tongue:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because us 'descriptor' Christians are really having our feelings hurt.:tongue:

All the better, spike. It's my opinion that any mainstream Christian who doesn't work to counteract the influence of nasty fundamentalism deserves all the hurt feelings and the guilt by association. I say that to everyone I know and to the leaders of my denomination.

For example, if mainstream Christianity doesn't start speaking out about its strong and aggressive embracing of science and specifically evolution, it deserves to be lumped in with those whose misguided theology is working against science.

If you and I do nothing about it, we deserve to live in a society that once led the world in science and technology but pissed it away watching fundamentalists redesign our science curricula to include superstition and ignorance. If you and I do nothing about it, we deserve to be seen as the same "Christians" who brought that about.

If you and I do nothing about the Christian persecution of homosexuals, we deserve to be seen as being part of it. Christians abstaining from the debate are no better than those who actively join the Klan.

Bigotry does not flourish where it is not tolerated.