Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
So I met this new chick a couple weeks ago. When, where, and how isn't really important. She did just move into my state a few months ago. She goes to church a couple times a week. Doesn't drink. Works a lot. Works out at the gym every morning just about. Single. Living on her own.

Besides the Single, working a lot, and living alone, we basically have not a whole lot in common from what I can tell, but just the fact that I met and talked to a girl that is completely opposite from what I am used to (Non church go er, party girls, live off parents, don't like to work, don't like to work out ect.) kind of turns me on. She is def. beautiful, smart, knows what she wants...........

So anyways the day I met her I asked her if she would like to go grab a bite to eat or something (which is not me, I am pretty reserved and get women when they come on to me, I can't ever remember pursuing a girl, they just naturally come after me). She stated she had plans but gave me her number at which time I called it so she had my number. Later on that night she messaged me saying her plans fell threw and that maybe we should get together the next night....I was excited to say the least. So she met me after work at a local joint that is kind of casual and has a variety of foods from steaks, seafood, salads ect. We sat and had dinner and talked the whole time. after the food was gone we continued to talk. We basically sat there for 2 and a half hours talking about random stuff. I asked her if she had any movies she was wanted to see. She told me it was getting late, that she lived about 35/40 minutes away and had church in the morning. I said cool, I paid, we walked out, and we parted ways. A few days went by and I realized she told me she was off one day out of the week so I called her, she picked up and we chit chatted and I told her I was interested in getting back together with her and if she was in town around lunch time to give me a ring and we could maybe meet up for lunch. She said will do, called me the next day and told me she had stuff to do. I said thats cool and I told her about some MMA fights going on during the weekend and asked if she would be interested in going. She was excited said yes. A few days go by and don't hear from her. Sat. I text her and ask if she was still down...........no response till Sun. she text and stated she dropped her phone in the toilet. I was like dang, that sucks. Didn't get a response back. I sent her another message and said something like, I enjoyed dinner with you and think you are a good person, that I would like to get to know her more, hit me up anytime. She responded, cool will do. So then I didn't here from her for a week and a half. Normally I was thinking of her because like I said she is different. Searched for her on myspace, found her, sent a friend request which she accepted. She hasn't messaged or called in two days since the friend request was accepted.

So basically this chick looks good and has a good heart but kind of getting the hint that she isn't interested................am I right? Wrong?

I'm just wondering, I want to call or write her but like I said get the idea she isn't interested. What should I do? Besides going out to eat, having some drinks (which she doesn't do) seeing a movie, not really sure what a good girl like herself would enjoy doing. Never been in this situation where I was actually interested in hooking up with someone with a honestly good head on there shoulders.

Somebody help before I mess this up (more?)

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It always amazes me how many girls drop their phone in the toilet...it's usually a sign...

chiefone4u

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe you should try a less conventional date to continue your persuit... A day at the park, going to a Musium, or visiting one of the other local attractions that is in your area... that she may or may not have had a chance to visit yet (as you stated she's new to your state).

When hooking up with someone oppisite of what you normally date, you have to switch up the dates too (most of the time).

Best of luck... The dropping of the phone in the toilet may have happened, who knows. Before giving up completely on this young lady, I suggest seeing if she'd be interested in doing something out of your norm... could even see if there is someplace she's been wanting to go-- but hasn't yet (could be a good in... to see if she's blowing you off, or if maybe she just doesn't like some of the same things you do).

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It sounds like you've left plenty of avenues open for communication if she wants to respond.

I've got a similar situation with a guy. After he'd not picked up a call, not responded to a txt msg, not signed into the usual chat system for a week, I msg'd him on a site he uses a lot to ask if he was OK and still speaking to me. He did reply to that: "of course I'm still speaking to you!" That was last week, heard nothing since, lol. Well, he knows how to get in touch if he wants to.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The phone dropped into the toilet is definitely a metaphor, bbb.

Either become a plumber or start looking elsewhere for company.

D_Della Doubledees

Experimental Member
Media
From a female perspective... I'd say stop texting her and trying to contact her.

Don't take it personal... some women tend to completely ignore men, rather than 'let them down easy'.

They like the idea of someone being interested in them, and paying attention to them. Saying 'no' to that interest and attention is hard. So rather than saying no.... ignoring it seems to work better for the conscience.

Though I do agree it can have a 'stringing along' affect.... the best way to look at it is to just take the hint and be done with it. Don't waste your time on someone that doesn't have time for you.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It always amazes me how many girls drop their phone in the toilet...it's usually a sign...
Hmm, I have to admit I have never dropped my cell in the toilet. However, I have accidentally dropped it in the pool, a drink holder full of soda, and a snow bank whilst trying to shovel my truck out. :biggrin1: I'm a bit clumsy sometimes, I guess. :redface:

Not being a deceitful, duplicitous, or game playing woman I am inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt

bbblowme

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm, I have to admit I have never dropped my cell in the toilet. However, I have accidentally dropped it in the pool, a drink holder full of soda, and a snow bank whilst trying to shovel my truck out. :biggrin1: I'm a bit clumsy sometimes, I guess. :redface:

Not being a deceitful, duplicitous, or game playing woman I am inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt

I'm not saying she was lying about it, its just everything else kind of hints at that she isn't interested. I'm thinking the whole getting a bite to eat thing and excepting my friend request was a way of being nice and not looking like a total bitch. Only time will tell, and like someone else posted she has many ways of getting in touch with me so I'll just leave it alone and see what happens.

cacco777

Just Browsing
Media
Forget it man... She's not the one for you.

Women like the attention and like being chased. However, when they don't respond at all that means they aren't interested. Time to give up.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Been through similar stuff in the past. Whether it be lunch or dinner, attending an event, or just getting together to have coffee, I ask and if the person couldn't "make it", ask if they would like to set a date next week. Bingo if we agree on a date/time. If s/he says yes but can't agree on date/time, I try again a week later. If they still can't make it, I try ONCE more. Bottom line: if they want to accept my invitation they would have done so by then. it becomes a game seeing if I get to three, and I don't get myself upset when the person won't commit.

Some people are just "so busy" that they never get around to being available. It's called an avoidance mechanism and some people are masters at it.

sam_solo26

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think you'd do well to take the advice of the people who've responded that she's not interested. At least not in how you want her to be interested. For whatever reason, she has decided to not contact you. From a detached perspective, that means she has no overwhelming desire to see you again. Are you so desperate for female company that you'll take anyone as long as their "def. beautiful, smart, knows what she wants"? Shouldn't the person you want also want you in that insatiable, desperate way called "love"? Just throwing that out there. Hope you find what you're looking for man :smile:

bbblowme

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think you'd do well to take the advice of the people who've responded that she's not interested. At least not in how you want her to be interested. For whatever reason, she has decided to not contact you. From a detached perspective, that means she has no overwhelming desire to see you again. Are you so desperate for female company that you'll take anyone as long as their "def. beautiful, smart, knows what she wants"? Shouldn't the person you want also want you in that insatiable, desperate way called "love"? Just throwing that out there. Hope you find what you're looking for man :smile:

I wouldn't say im desperate. Just I thought she was cool. I recently lost my favorite female companion, and life is a little shitty right know and just looking for someone to spend some of my spare time with instead of sitting around thinking about shti