Woodward Dream Cruise Weekend!!!

rikter8: Hey Everybody!
Not sure if any of you will be attending the Woodward Dream cruise or not.

This is a Classic Car Cruise that is HUGE
All major manufacturers have displays, all of us classic car cruisers do burnouts and flood the streets with horsepower.
It attracts folks from all over the world, and is a HUGE event.
As Always - I will be cruisin in my 400HP Ram Air TransAm from 8:00AM till Noon.

The NEW PT Cruiser is going to be on Display at 13 mile and Woodward - 225HP, special 2 tone paint, etc etc, Yes...very very controvercial due to the mopar club folks being further down near 16 mile. - Get there eary to take pics of this rare Mopar.

To get an idea what its like:
If your cruising - Had a 02 Viper in front of me, with open headers (Mopar club), and a Ferrari behind me.
Behind the ferrari was a 65?-66? Ford Shelby GT-500 (same as in 'Gone in 60 seconds") - wasnt behind the Ferrari for long...
Lots of Chevelles, Corvettes, GTOs etc.
Northern woodward is where we Drag off the light, just like the old days.
Last year I dragged a Blown Hemi Cuda, and a blown Chevelle. The Hemi had me by a fender, and the poor Chevelle had carb trouble, I walked on by.

If your Walking - Take your Camera. Hot Boys, Hot Babes, HOTTER Cars - stuff that is so rare, its trailered in, and trailered home.
If your there early like me - eat at the historic pankake house for breakfast - but get there early...you have to beat the cops in there for the coffee.

I can't be the only Gearhead Here, So Who else is going??

For more information:
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

7x6andchg: I'd go...I'm not much of a gearhead but I do at least like to look at nice cars.

Unfortunately, I am about 12 hours by car from M-1.

EnJOY, rikter...I'm sure you'll have a GRAND river time...but don't get GRATIOT-faced...

HA! I kill me! :D

7x6&C

gigantikok: I'm not much of a gearhead, but it sure would be fun as hell to take my Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce!

rikter8: Pecker....
mmm....not sure if I understood that one bud.

Then again with the power outtage here in MI today, there isnt much too understand...
Telecommunications are out, except for my back up dial up service. Cell phones came back on about 15 mins ago, and now I can at least dial out.

Fun stuff...just as long as they fix detroit in time for tomorrows cruise!

C

rikter8: UPDATE:

According to Oldies WOMC 104.3 in Detroit - as of 4:41PM the cruise for tonight and Tomorrow (Saturday) IS STILL ON!!!

Keep in mind that the stores, restaraunts, and stop lights are non functional as of today.

Will they be up for tomorrow? Dunno...
Thats ok though...less traffic for more burnouts.

7x6andchg: Rikter-

As for Pecker's joke - it's a Watergate reference...Woodward and Bernstein were all the Presidents men...so to speak...or maybe they were Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman.

I used THREE different Detroit street names in my post and not even a CHUCKLE? :D Tough crowd in Motown, I guess. ;)

Enjoy - Woodward should be even MORE fun without the streetlights and stoplights. Watch those Michigan lefts!

Paul
7x6&C

rikter8: Well....it was an OK turnout.

It was about half the turnout as normal.
The morning cruise was filled with normal cars on woodward not watching were they were going, and driving haphazardly.
I had some piece of trash driving a mercedees with about 15 kids in the car beeping at me because I was driving too slow.

The Power Outtage really put a hurt to alot of folks, including the manufacturers, and people that had a lot more to deal with besides prepping their car for the cruise.
Driving into Sterling Heights on Friday was spooky...emergency lighting in some areas where no power existed....homes dark....street lamps dark.
Very eerie.

The Ford Tent was small (Theres never anything to show in the tent anyway), The Chevy/GM Performance Parts Tent took up about 2 city blocks (Thats my boys), and the Chrysler exibit was decent sized, but not well organized. (They werent sure if they would show anyway due to the power outtages)
Dad wouldn't drive, so I got stuck steering and taking photos.

This year a lot of cars were breaking down from the heat. Everything we saw breaking down were Fords. (Imagine that...a F.O.R.D )Mustangs mostly.
I think that there was one chrysler that overheated. However, he wasnt running well enough to be in the cruise.

In the morning, water was free, parking cheap. Then noon hit, water went up to 1.50, and parking skyrocketed.

At about 3:00PM it POURED RAIN for about 30 minutes sending everybody in their cars, and under the tents.

After it rained, about 5:00 everything cleared, and the weather really turned out nice. I wanted to go back, but I wasnt about to re-wash and wax the TransAM and get cought in the huge traffic jam.

I got lots of trinkets, some pics of hot bois...and had a good time.
Next year I am not driving - I dont care if I do have to pay $200 for parking on woodward.
I want to be free to see what I can see.

Thats my story from what went on.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Sounds like the urban core version of a very small county fair.

"Hey, Maggie! Git yur butt over here an' look at this here punkin! It's shaped just like yo' sister Hortense's ass!"

Pecker

(Run For The Roundhouse Nellie (He Can't Corner You There))