Woody Allen

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really have never "got it"...when it comes to his films...seen tons of them.

they all bore me.

when you look at it, he seems to have inadvertently been the creator of the modern "romantic comedy" in many ways.

that being said, though, i have tremendous respect for his independence, his avoidance of the Hollywood system, and his nonchalance and pessimistic nature with regards to award shows and honors.

he steers his own course, and always has

for that, i admire him immensely. he is truly a rare bird in that regard, and on that note, he wins tremendous plaudits from me.

he's an interesting one. i love most of his films, but others just aren't as interesting to me. so i can see where you're coming from.

i read the Phil Roth book, Portnoy's Complaint, and in my head, the main character was played by Woody Allen circa "Sleeper." i do that... cast people who are actors in roles when i read a book. does anyone else do that?

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This Woody Allen?

Note: Not all things on that site may be true (and some if they are true are very shocking) but I do recall he molested someone or at least some of his sexual activities were a bit suspect.

I never liked his movies either. And I find it hard to like him as a person if anything on the above site is true.

EDIT: removed link to pics including minor children

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
he's an interesting one. i love most of his films, but others just aren't as interesting to me. so i can see where you're coming from.

i enjoyed Scoop, because i love Scarlett Johansson, though it was not the "typical" Wood Allen movie.

i think alot of my problems with his films, aside from the rather mushy/neurotic nature of them, stem from the women he chooses for his films most of the time...they tend to be his idealized woman, (Diane Keaton, Mia Farrow, Helen Hunt, Mira Sorvino) wheras to me, i find them to be the most annoying of women.

oh and i should mention, i *LOVE* "Sweet and Lowdown"..probably, since it is not really a "woody allen" movie, in that regard.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This Woody Allen?

Note: Not all things on that site may be true (and some if they are true are very shocking) but I do recall he molested someone or at least some of his sexual activities were a bit suspect.

I never liked his movies either. And I find it hard to like him as a person if anything on the above site is true.

you know what, why don't you stick to his films?

you *MIGHT* have had a bit of credibility on this had you not linked to a noted anti-jewish hate site, where you got that story from.

this is not about his very questionable personal life, and it is *CERTAINLY* not about how you managed to clue in to a noted site that discusses jews as causing all the problems in the world.

scumbag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you type in:

woody allen molestation

into Google then there are other articles from sites such as CNN which confirm that Woody Allen had sexual relations with his 17 year old stepdaughter and that he allegedly molested his daughter.

So who is the real scumbag? You, me or Woody Allen?

FYI the link in my first post is the first link returned by Google.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you type in:

woody allen molestation

into Google then there are other articles from sites such as CNN which confirm that Woody Allen had sexual relations with his 17 year old stepdaughter and that he allegedly molested his daughter.

So who is the real scumbag? You, me or Woody Allen?

FYI the link in my first post is the first link returned by Google.

this was not about Woody Allen's personal life, it was about his films, so why were you typing in "Woody Allen Molestation" ?

and i guess you missed, where on that page you posted, instead of just citing certain legal facts, it refers to such obviously intelligent and objective legal bits like this:

-Woody is a second generation Polish Jew.

-
Often he played a neurotic Jewish pedophile,

-A book, written by a Jewish psychiatrist on keeping '

and maybe you should check your links, to make sure they aren't from hate groups that put together lovely pages like this...

"Jewish fanatics, if they were able, would execute those with dissenting thoughts inside their heads, or barring that, strip them of property and income (which they have done in extreme cases). This power play by a bitchy gang of moneyed elitists, screaming for more resources, relying on past heartaches to advance their colonialism and oppression in other parts of the world has finally broken the camel’s back. Anti-Jewish sentiments are now on the verge of becoming anti-Jewish actions, legislation, and finally banishment and/or pogroms. This is a hopeful sign of burgeoning health."

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Over-analyzing every minuscule detail and happenstance. I am sure that this can be seen as comedy in itself, but I don't find it funny. A pair of thick horn-rims doesn't make one brilliant.

I don't hate his movies. I just don't see anything remarkable.

+1

they (his films) are just sort of "there". (IMO)

more admirable, is his absolutely prolific writing and directing of those filmsover the 40 some years...

i think his consistency, and production is to me, what is the most admirable part of his work, even if i do not find it particularly compelling...that sets him apart, and, as i said, his independence and cavalier attitude towards making blockbusters and being controlled by the system.

i think he deserves more credit for being a bit of a maverick in the industry then for the quality of his films themselves.

D_Tilly_De_Toilet

Experimental Member
Media
His films aren't very impressive as far as "films" go, but as an entertainer he has his moments. Annie Hall was cute and I remember liking Manhattan, but for the most part he just recycles the same jokes over and over and over again. And he makes his films for peanuts, whereas some big shitbox like Australia will cost 40 times as much. A complete waste of money in my opinion.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
His films aren't very impressive as far as "films" go, but as an entertainer he has his moments. Annie Hall was cute and I remember liking Manhattan, but for the most part he just recycles the same jokes over and over and over again. And he makes his films for peanuts, whereas some big shitbox like Australia will cost 40 times as much. A complete waste of money in my opinion.

+1

never ceases to amaze me how much they can spend on a total piece of crap.

Media
Annie Hall. All that screaming and carrying on in that scene involving the lobster in his kitchen. I love Diane Keaton but come on, that mess is not the comedic film noir (sorry, that was the first descriptive that popped into mah wee head) it was intended to be.

Purple Rose of Cairo was just OK for me as were the others.

Keep your blade sharp Flashy. ;)

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I Really liked The Purple Rose of Cairo but then I like Mia Farrow.

His personal life certainly hurt his career.