wookin po nub

lpsgjim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Grrrr. This site is great because of the exchange. Unfortunately, it seems like every dude into dudes is a flaming liberal. How does anyone prefer people who patronize (liberals) to those who (might) express disagreement???? (conservatives). I would rather be entwined with those that feel homosexuality is wrong (given the nature of sex and procreation) than with those who say we should accept everyone (but who secretly hope to god their kids arent gay --liberals). Cant help the way I feel sexually, but I KNOW when I am being patronized and it is ALWAYS from the left. Anyone else feel this way?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
dude....I'm not touching this with a 100ft pole. You are looking down your nose at homosexuality, and your stats say you are 50% straight 50% gay? I think you might need to go back and reread what you have written here and clarify things. This site isn't about bashing liberals or conservatives, hetro or homosexuals. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but there are better ways of conveying your feelings without coming off so abbrasive. Best of luck to you

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
lpsgjim you must be into anal...you come off like an asshole

lpsgjim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I cant believe that I can detect a huge amount of patronizing from the left and you cant. ITS OK TO BE OBJECTIVE. Geez. The Pro-gay publicly and anti-gay personally is something I've witnessed both personally AND publicly. If its a true phenomeona, why not recognize and discuss it??

dc9

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mem and bear, my hat's off to you both. oops, not wearing a hat. Oops not wearing any pants, he lpsgjim, you better not look. A true Bi sexual is practing his way of life.
I think you're on the wrong site man.

lpsgjim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The wrong site? You mean posing a legitimate question and hoping for a legitimate response?? So sad we are afraid to admit that many "supporters" are in reality people who are obsessed with appearing accepting but who are actually people who are .....er....obsessed with APPEARING accepting. GET IT?????? Not true??????????????

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A Bi Republican is the same as a "Bi" 18 year old guy...both GAY.

lpsgjim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hmmmm...... the very people they can count on for donations.....and votes..... Just dont let their kids turn out that way.

I cant believe that I can detect a huge amount of patronizing from the left and you cant. ITS OK TO BE OBJECTIVE. Geez. The Pro-gay publicly and anti-gay personally is something I've witnessed both personally AND publicly. If its a true phenomeona, why not recognize and discuss it??

Frankly I see it more from the right. Many so-called conservatives feel they are qualified to say who can marry whom, what the religious leanings (Judeo-Christian) of the government should be, what everyone else should do with their bodies, who should speak what languages where, and even what clothes we should wear. Conservatism used to be about the least interference by government in the daily affairs of the people. Now are government is free to eavesdrop on its citizens without warrants, withhold them indefinitely without trial, even snoop on what books your borrow from the library. Couple this with enormous government expansion and you have to ask, what about the last eight years has upheld conservative ideals?

I think most gay men and women feel themselves to be on the short end of the stick when it comes to conservative government policies. It is usually the conservatives who oppose equal rights for gays, oppose HIV research and sex education, uphold and sponsor legislation banning gay sex, and patronize churches that preach being gay is sinful and immoral. Conservatives feel they have a moral imperative to guard what they euphemistically call, "family values," and those, "family values," do not include anyone who is gay. What about that kind of policy is there for gays to support?

"Liberals," (which in this country actually represent a true centrist position), are oddly enough the more, "live and let live," political group despite the fact there was a time when this was just the opposite. Sadly, the Republican party in this country has been hijacked by religiously fascist element, aryans from Darien with braces on their brains (apologies to Auntie M), who are fearful of anyone different from who they are and frankly can't be bothered to empathize with increasing numbers of Americans who don't remotely resemble Ward and June Cleaver. They seek to oppress, force, cajole, and shame those who are different by sponsoring discriminatory legislation and slashing social services. These conservatives are only interested in their communities, their bottom lines, their opportunities, not the community of the nation itself. In their minds, everyone else can eat cake because God does not (or should not) favor the nonconformists.

Conservatism as it is currently expressed within the Republican party and as it is understood in today's political dialogue is repulsive and anti-American. The true conservatives of today are now considered libertarian.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Grrrr. This site is great because of the exchange. Unfortunately, it seems like every dude into dudes is a flaming liberal. How does anyone prefer people who patronize (liberals) to those who (might) express disagreement???? (conservatives). I would rather be entwined with those that feel homosexuality is wrong (given the nature of sex and procreation) than with those who say we should accept everyone (but who secretly hope to god their kids arent gay --liberals). Cant help the way I feel sexually, but I KNOW when I am being patronized and it is ALWAYS from the left. Anyone else feel this way?

This is bullshit.
Conservatives express "disagreement"... no , conservatives want to criminalize everything that doesn't fit into their narrow and imbecilic group-think they call a "platform"

Seriously... a study was performed...
Conservatives are less creative, less intelligent, less able to deal with new information and novel situations, and tend to be motivated by fear and allow authority to form their opinions for them.

Oh, and when events and or evidence categorically proves their position to be entirely wrong or in error... they tend to deny the evidence and the events.
( hence the conservative doofussery over climate change... war failing... recession looming.... )

I would love to meet a conservative capable of actually intelligently discussing reality...
but it hasn't happened yet.

While I think many liberals engage in fuzzy thinking of the worst sort... at least its thinking.

Once more... divorce yourself from either label. Form your opinions on REAL evidence...

I am sick and tired of the "belief" systems of both conservatives AND liberals...

We are sufficiently reliant on technology that we can no longer afford to make our important decisions based upon 'beliefs'.

I don't give a fuck what you believe...
What can you DEMONSTRATE to be TRUE.

That is the approach that gave us everything from the electric light to the computer you sit before reading this.

As to the conservatives and issues of human rights...
Please...

The constitution is meaningless if it doesn't guarantee equal treatment for ALL people under the law.

Those who "disagree' are the ones torturing people and denying them rights... the ones wiretapping your phone calls...

the Conservatives have proven themselves the least moral of them all.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel I'm a liberal thinker and accept the majority of behaviour [within reasonable limits] but see myself as a very conservative person.

NOT that I'm against homosexuality [boy, if I was, I would be so unhappy] but I think there are limits.

for example, the whole gay marriage thing, even though I recognize gay people deserve equal rights, as of them being equal before law, I see the gay marriage production - specially when trying to imitate the church straight marriage - a FOOLISH thing. please, WE'RE not the same there!
I'm not questioning religion and faith [TWO very different things] but the 'morals' on which catholic church was built, even if outdated, don't relate, or even include, the same sex wedding ceremony. and IT looks weird, specially when there are two brides dressed in WHITE! :p

but that is just my own opinion! as a liberal I have the openess of mind to see and accept others!

I feel I'm a liberal thinker and accept the majority of behaviour [within reasonable limits] but see myself as a very conservative person.

NOT that I'm against homosexuality [boy, if I was, I would be so unhappy] but I think there are limits.

for example, the whole gay marriage thing, even though I recognize gay people deserve equal rights, as of them being equal before law, I see the gay marriage production - specially when trying to imitate the church straight marriage - a FOOLISH thing. please, WE'RE not the same there!
I'm not questioning religion and faith [TWO very different things] but the 'morals' on which catholic church was built, even if outdated, don't relate, or even include, the same sex wedding ceremony. and IT looks weird, specially when there are two brides dressed in WHITE! :p

but that is just my own opinion! as a liberal I have the openess of mind to see and accept others!

Keep in mind the Catholic church is not the only one out there. Many Christian denominations have just as many pews, just as big an organ, just as much stained glass, candles, robes, choirs, and crosses as Catholic churches and they condone gay marriage.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Am I the ONLY one who finds it so ironic that lpsgjim's post is so... patronizing?

Jim, grow up. Please. And please don't ever make the mistake of confusing my libertarianism for liberalism. They are nowhere near the same thing.