Words for naughty bits

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've noticed that many words related to body parts/activities are either awkwardly stiff or crude, without much middle. For instance, most adults wouldn't use the word peeing, because it's got a childish connotation to it. Pissing is the most vulgar commonly used word for guys going to the bathroom (apart from shitting, which follows the same model with pooping and taking a dump). Urinating just makes you sound impersonal about it, and not many people use it in conversational situations. I often struggle to find words that fit without being crude or weird, and it seems like this same problem comes up with colloquial speech often for me. Am I just out of it, or does anyone else here notice this?

homelessmandril

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Believe it or not this is one of the greatest sources of misery in my life.

Intellectual comedians seem to argue that certain combinations of syllables create a rhythym which is intrinsically funny, and it's oftened seemed to me that most of these combinations are taken up by childish scatological words. So I don't want to stop using those words (they give me such pleasure) but on the other hand I don't want to embarrass myself in polite company.

I hope y'all feel my pain.

homelessmandril

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I reckon the solution is to come up with grandiloquent euphemisms for naughty things. For instance taking a pee could become 'saving Dresden', or something like that.

Yes I am high. But I'm new here, let it slide.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I reckon the solution is to come up with grandiloquent euphemisms for naughty things. For instance taking a pee could become 'saving Dresden', or something like that.

Yes I am high. But I'm new here, let it slide.
I know I'm way too tired by the way I just cracked up over that.

KYJenni

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
cue Naughty.

I'd love to know what she calls her bits. :tongue:

Sorry, I'm not naughty but I'd like to share some of my names!

LaLa
Wham
HooHoo
Lady Garden (pre-waxed)
Fairy
Pinky
Stinky pinky (after 4 day music festival with limited access to showers)

homelessmandril

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
On the rare occasion that I get high, I have to keep my mouth shut. I say the most incredibly "incorrect" things.

you mean you get weed-bigotry?

or did you mean literally incorrect.....like 'Pi is exactly four' or something?

A friend of mine was a weed bigot, we had to stop hanging out because as soon as someone passed him the pipe he'd launch into a diatribe about how all drug dealers were illegal immigrants. A true story (but not a good one obviously)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always say the most incredibly incorrect things - I don't care, people can take me as I am or leave me. I say peeing normally, I didn't realise it could be perceived as childish, and if I'm in a position where I need to say 'naughty words' (unless it's at the doctors where I'd use the correct medical terms) I'd say what I normally say. Some people might raise an eyebrow at my use of the word cunt but I find pussy a euphemism and I don't think adults should need to use euphemisms. Cunt is a word with a long history and I can never see what the problem with it is.
If you hold back on saying what comes naturally to you and tailoring your behaviour so as not to offend you end up with a group of friends that you've altered yourself to fit in with, instead of a group of friends who are like minded. I'm not suggesting you go around at work swearing your head off, in a formal situation of course everyone has to toe the line, but when you're relaxing with mates, just say what you want to say.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Nothing is more vulgar sounding than the Mexican Spanish slang words choncho (vagina) and chora (penis), IMO!:biggrin:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are not out of it. My mom taught me to say tinkle rather than peeing. Sounds childish sometimes but far less crass than piss or pee.

I don't give two figs about the etymological history of the word cunt. In the USA it is a curse word. Often referred to as the "C" word. Yes, it is as maligned and wrong to use here as the "N" word.

If a man were to refer to my pussy, as a cunt in the throws of passion I would probably dry up like an old sponge. I once got so angry at a former boss that while ranting to a friend I called her a cunt. My male friend was like whoa! It was at that point he realized I was truly pissed. In the USA to call a woman a cunt is 1000x worse than being called a bitch. If you say you want to "fuck her cunt" it takes on a violent, gangbang, or rape connotation. None of which appeals to me.

I've noticed that many words related to body parts/activities are either awkwardly stiff or crude, without much middle. For instance, most adults wouldn't use the word peeing. .... I often struggle to find words that fit without being crude or weird, and it seems like this same problem comes up with colloquial speech often for me. Am I just out of it, or does anyone else here notice this?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't give two figs about the etymological history of the word cunt. In the USA it is a curse word. Often referred to as the "C" word. Yes, it is as maligned and wrong to use here as the "N" word.

Your'e (apparently) forgetting that for example, Fanny - while innocuous in the US is analogous to cunt here in the UK. So, tell me - should visiting Americans tailor their language when in the UK to avoid offence...or should we just let a 'I don't give two figs' attitude override our mores? This works both ways of course, but I'll let you decide. Incidentally, the 'N' word doesn't go down at all well here either - though with a few, mostly duplicitous, exceptions.

If a man were to refer to my pussy, as a cunt in the throws of passion I would probably dry up like an old sponge. I once got so angry at a former boss that while ranting to a friend I called her a cunt. My male friend was like whoa! It was at that point he realized I was truly pissed. In the USA to call a woman a cunt is 1000x worse than being called a bitch. If you say you want to "fuck her cunt" it takes on a violent, gangbang, or rape connotation. None of which appeals to me.

Well, the 'C' word if you will is equally a curse here too, and yes while as SP says it has long social context it isn't generally used here that freely other than in a similar context to your example, at least in my experience. Still, if you're going to refer to a body part call it by whatever you like, after all it's yours right!

My mom taught me to say tinkle rather than peeing. Sounds childish sometimes but far less crass than piss or pee.

Along with a hundred others, and when all is said and done, cunt is a euphemism too. Like most people (I find) I use them often, depending on my mood, the circumstances and company.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think we do well to remember that Brits and Americans are divided by a common language, with apparently the same words often meaning different things. There iswn't any easy solution to the problem, but what we can do is try to be tolerant and good humoured about it and take the trouble to explain what we mean when something's been misunderstood or likely to be.

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When women are around, I say restroom or bathroom...or water closet, if I'm feeling pithy. However, when I'm around my buddies, all manner of things are said...Drain the lizard, take a leak, put out a toilet fire, drop a deuce...We are disgusting. Sorry.:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your'e (apparently) forgetting that for example, Fanny - while innocuous in the US is analogous to cunt here in the UK. So, tell me - should visiting Americans tailor their language when in the UK to avoid offence...or should we just let a 'I don't give two figs' attitude override our mores? I'm a believer in "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." I'm a little odd as I like to learn about new cultures. On the unfortunately rare occassions which I have had the opportunity to travel abroad I did some minor research on local customs prior to leaving the US. I have no desire to stride through the UK or any place else for that matter, like a bull in a china shop offending everyone as I go. I may be wrong but I think that may be the origin of the phrase Ugly American.

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a believer in "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." I'm a little odd as I like to learn about new cultures. On the unfortunately rare occassions which I have had the opportunity to travel abroad I did some minor research on local customs prior to leaving the US.....

Me too, when I travel somewhere new I try to do so with my eyes open (and to start with) my mouth shut unless I'm asking questions. If you act honestly and respectfully most cultures are quiet accepting, tolerant and forgiving. Sometimes though the best way to learn is to make an ass of oneself, I've done that too.

However, as soon as I hear a fellow countryman (when abroad) or foreign visitor (when at home or abroad) spouting "Well, let me tell yoooou that back in <.........> we do it like so/won't tolerate xyx/know how to do things propertly/ etc etc I just roll my eyes, wish for telepathic mind melting and weapons and hope no-one asks me for my passport....:rolleyes: