words never to use around a woman.

gicast: Tender,

I agree with your frist answer: "NO." I hate when my hubby says that. :mad:

As to this last comment, wow, I haven't got those spontaneous "wanna?" (with the eyebrows) in sooo long....so I have to say I'm jealous! What ARE you complaining about????? That means your hubby thinks your sexy and desirable, when is that a turnoff?? NEVER in my book, but then that's me......... :-/

roedhunt: I know this site is a mans forum.. so I am glad that they DO have a special forum just for us ladies.... ;D

Aside from the two revolting words.. cunt and twat... I think it all depends on HOW, WHEN, WHY and WHO it's said by.... Of course, I myself, have used cunt when I was furious at some dumb bitch. It was usually, "you dumb, fucking cunt!" Then again, it WAS while I was driving ........... and alone.. hahah :D

But seriously, it also depends on what you were raised by as well.. and personal preferences. For instance, my sis cant stand the word "chick".. no matter HOW it's used.

The only word I cannot stand to be called, or hear others call other women..... is FEMALE.... I cannot stand THAT "f" word. It goes back to when I was in the military. The men were called men, but the women were called "females". IMO, female is an adjective. NOT a noun when describing a human being. It gives no title to a women that she deserves. Plus, to me its insulting because it does not describe what species we are or our age for that matter. A female? Female what? Dog? Cat? Cow?.... How old am I? 12? 70? I am waaay over 18 (an adult) and I think I deserve the title of being called a woman, lady, ma'am, madam or Miss.

The word "girl" bothers me occasionally, but then again it depends on how its used..."Girl, I'm telling you..." is ok. But, "girls, get back to work" (in an office enviroment) is not. I heard that many times at work.. to which I reply, "and you too, boys"... Oooo the comments and looks i got...hehehehe

gushiggins: Roedhunt, you'd be amazed at how many women out here (Baghdad) also can't stand the "other 'f' word". However, if we males use any other word we're bound to offend them, too. (Unless, of course, it's a superior officer, but even then, some of them object to being called "Ma'am".) Then again, I'm still getting used to being called "Sergeant."

Go figure.

-Z

roedhunt: I assume you are in the military?

In any case, if adressing the women, simply say, "Can I get just the women over here?" or "Ladies, can I have your attention?" or if to an indiviual, "Pvt/Airman (whatever is appropriate) please come here". If any object to either of these usages, ask, "would you prefer 'females'?" or "What would you like to be called? females?".

Any of these ways should work.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I had always thought the f word never to use around a woman was a three letter one (ie F A T).

Tender: dont call me maam
that implies being a grandma lol
its madam or miss.
i think miss is if you are not married....
:-/
Tender