Work Out Routines (nutrition/gym)

blackbottom2

Expert Member
Media
Warnings regarding protein supplements

Excess protein actually harms and weakens your endocrine system, causing your kidneys to get damaged and worn out a lot quicker than normal - its not something that advertised by thosed peddling the protein supplements or the muscle magazines adertising them but it is factually true

Its incredily easy to overdose with supplements which in most cases are a waste of time and money considering 80% of whats taken in is being excreted uselessly anyway. Best way is to stick to a reasonable diet, away from junk food. Have a banana milk shake or egg nog or nuts/almond milk after ur workout- stay natural and stay fit and stay healthy long term

Last edited:

uofmpike07

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I workout about 6x a week right now, but thats because I'm training for a triathlon in September.

Otherwise my weightlifting routine has stayed the same. Right now I swim, bike, and run 2x a week for 6 days in that order before lifting. I alternate doing separate sections of my body on certain days one week and then a few weeks later will change it up and do full body workouts for the next couple weeks, so my body can't adjust and plateau.

My diet is weird as its tough to eat healthy during flight training because my schedule is so erratic. So I do the best I can, but for the most part, I avoid sugars, processed foods and try to eat as much vegetables, lean meats, complex carbs, some carbs, protein, and fruits as I can.

I also take whey protein for after my workouts and a pre-workout boost as well called C4. I also do the fish oil thing along with a Men's Green Multi-vitamin when I eat once a day, that will give me my days supply of vegetables as well.

Do what works for you and experiment with different things until you find what you like. I'm still doing that and I like to switch up my workouts so I don't get bored. Also watch others in the gym and if you see an exercise you like, walk up to them and ask them about it and try it on your next workout and see if you like it.