Work Rumors

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Capt_obivous, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Capt_obivous

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ok, so we had a work party last night. Now nothing untoward actually happened at the party itself. However, part way through the party, my older married female coordinator (who was well drunk at this stage) leans over to me and says, "so word on the street says you've got a big dick". I'm a bit surprised by this coming from her (or from anyone really - i don't show off at work or anything)

So i suppose there is nothing i can do to stop a rumor, should i even be worried? anyone else had anything like this happen?

2. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well if your user name is anything to go by LOL, then perhaps maybe your dick size is the talk of the office and you've just not realised it. It's a lot like you get used to something you've had all your life, yet when others see it or hear about it it is amazing to them and they want to see it for themselves. You've probably dressed normally for an office environment I take it and so maybe may not have taken into account how some pants may inadvertably show off your appendage more than other pants and so you were 'showing off' your size without meaning to, or perhaps a colleague glanced over at the urinal and couldn't help but noticed your size and decided to blab.

Personally I hate this type of thing circulating as it is a kind of unwanted harrassment and unless you intentionally go to put out that type of knowledge to be common then your workplace can be a hellish place to work because in your mind everyone is focused on your cock and not you as a person or work colleague. If it escalated maybe take it up with your supervisor or talk to woman who made the comment and ask her where she heard it from and from there follow the trailer to the source of the rumour and then confront him/her and put an end to it.

3. Helboy

Helboy New Member

Having viewed your gallery pics (great looking knob dude)I would have told her "yeah I do and it's very suckable too" :wink:

4. NightFish

NightFish Active Member

Albums:
    I am willing to bet that no one in your office really gives a shit. She may have been just coming on to you.

5. Magnum Excel

Magnum Excel New Member

Well you might not show off at work, but you do have a picture of your face in your gallery which has been up for a month and a half :rolleyes:

6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

be real careful if Ms Coordinator suggests having an office Halloween Costume party this fall.

7. bighosenow

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude you got the best of both worlds. The women will be curious and the the guys will be envious. Don't confirm or deny. Just enjoy the mystic.

8. Supersized

Supersized New Member

i overheard my gay coworker say i had gotten promoted because "my dick was so damn big.". I wore briefs back then.
    A year ago my coworker says to another coworker "You should see how long his penis is." right in front of me. I caught him leering at my crotch once. by this time i usually wore boxers underneath my dress pants.

9. Honey123

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree. Let it go. It was off hours and she was drunk. Heck, she might not even remember it.

However, if she brings it up again or starts staring or touching you in the office (even on your arm or rest her hand on your shoulder standing behind you), talk to HR. That's sexual harassment and it never gets better.

10. BigLittleMan

BigLittleMan New Member

at work, my co-workers are mostly guys and we are all very close. we socialize outside of work (camping trips, vacation, etc.) so it may be possible they've seen me. i've had light-hearted comments, indirectly, about the size of my dick. it has always been between us as friends. while embarrassing, it has never made me feel uncomfortable.

harrassment at work is when it makes you uncomfortable. regardless of who it is. imagine the situation being reversed--a male supervisor making a comment, even while drunk, about a female worker's tits. what would be the repercussions then?

if you like the job and want to stay there, and this truly made you uncomfortable, you need to talk to her. be very straight forward and business-like. start with something like, "i know you had a few drinks but an inappropriate comment was made which i didn't appreciate." to let her know you are serious, i would follow with "i wanted to talk to you first and clear this up before having to talk to human resources, etc..." and mean it. don't need to go into details (and refuse to even if she says "what are you talking about!?!") because she knows exactly what was said--unless she was fall-down drunk, comments like that don't just fall out of thin air.

there are cheese bags on here making comments about how you should either blow this off or somehow be proud about being office rumor fodder. if this bothers you, ignore them. they don't live your life. you do.

blm

11. Honey123

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmmmm BLM, after reading your post I agree with you 100%.

Draft saved Draft deleted