Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey man...I have a work spouse...but the relationship has progressed so much that she really wants me to leave my home life and start up with her....and I like her so much that I'm seriously thinking about it....it's tough

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Yes i have a work spouse, we get on so well and we fall out like Husband and Wife, the other people in the office just work around us in one of our fallouts, they just say " That divorce will be bitter". We make up, go to lunch, its fun, but we are being split up soon, different jobs etc. :(

D_Festus_Fannipat

Account Disabled
Media
I am gay but have a female work spouse. We started as friends and rely on each other to talk through work issues, personal issues, and mostly just make the work day better by having an unconditional friend. I refer to her as my "work spouse" with my partner and she does the same with her fiance. There is little to no chance of intimacy, so it is likely very easy for us to maintain our closeness without the complication of sexual energy. I am the shoulder that she cries on or laughs with, and she is mine. I do not feel that there is any form of emotional cheating caused by our relationship, nor do our partners in life.

D

deleted356736

I actually work with my spouse, sometimes I'm her manager too, so not for me.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had an awesome work spouse at my last job. I worked there 5 years. His wife and my now ex-husband new about it. It was platonic...in the fact that nothing ever happened between him and I. I loved him dearly...like a best friend. My fav lunch buddy. I enjoyed his company, his humor, his music tastes. He is an IS guy...so I'd get preferential treatment with my computer needs. He'd help me all the time with stuff at the office and at home.

I know his wife...his kids. They're all my facebook friends. At work events we'd hang out...spouses or no spouses.

The issue is...he did/does have a thing for me...I'd always laugh it off and say..."You love your wife, you don't want to cheat on her." I left it at that.

But I haven't worked at my old job for 2 years. I still communicate with him. I miss him. He said just because I switched jobs that he didn't give me a work divorce...so he's still my work spouse.

Great guy.

D

deleted405852

Ha ha ha! Yeah I have 2 office wives, well I no longer work with one of them, but we're still really close and though she is married people quite frequently thought we were an item around the office.
I'm really close with the Office Admin. at my office, we just clicked from her 1st day at the office when she was being trained by my "former office wife". We talk very openly about family, friends, relationships and we go to lunch and sometimes dinner together. I ride in her car, she rides in mine from time to time.

We know each others habits so well that if one of us doesn't seem like our usual selves we can tell in seconds, and we'll talk to each other in person or via Blackberry Messenger, although it might take our co-workers a little time and explaining for them to catch on. Guys around the office try calling her "babe" and hit on her and she'll tell them what they can go do with themselves if they ever try that again, but I can walk up to her and say "Hey beautiful, I'm going to get something to eat, wanna join me?" and she'll jump at the chance.

Yesterday I decided not to talk to her for the latter half of the day because she called me "evil" jokingly because I told her I was recording her on video camera when I really wasn't. So I kept up the joke and stayed silent around her and our co-workers started asking if we weren't talking which we thought was hilarious. At the end of the day when she was leaving she was asking me for my opinion on something and I said nothing! I BBM'd her with my opinion afterwards and told her that I thought her hair looked really amazing today, but I couldn't tell her that after she called me evil.

As long as the work spouse relationship doesn't get in the way of an already-in-progress relationship I don't see any problems.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as a former human relations manager I saw a number of those casual friendly relationships becoming more serious. what seems friendly between coworkers can be interpreted as sexual harassment and lead to termination of one or both. it really does happen! then too, some of those relationships became so serious they led to broken marriages.

one time I was handling sign ups for the recreation group's gambling trip to Lake Tahoe. most of the "non-couples" reserving rooms with a single bed didn't realize they were telling me who they were sleeping with. yeah, I was discrete about it.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have someone who I'd describe as a work sister, who've I've known for several years and whom our discussions about common non-work interests and occasionally work are more akin to the kind of conversations you have with sisters, cousins, or maybe an aunt or niece.

Shawn8

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
as a former human relations manager I saw a number of those casual friendly relationships becoming more serious. what seems friendly between coworkers can be interpreted as sexual harassment and lead to termination of one or both. it really does happen!

Speego,
I have to ask, with regard to the question of sexual harassment, how should HR handle the matter of gossip in the office? I'm usually one to ignore the idle chit chat of the ladies in the office, but what if it got to the point of being snide and insulting?

S8

a36ddd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Speego,
I have to ask, with regard to the question of sexual harassment, how should HR handle the matter of gossip in the office? I'm usually one to ignore the idle chit chat of the ladies in the office, but what if it got to the point of being snide and insulting?

S8

You should have taken the advise and then you might not have been fired.... but then again maybe you shouldnt have been cheating on your wife.