Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey thanks appreciate the comments. Funny because chest seems to get the most workout from me at the gym. I can't seem to get my arms much bigger though I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I would like to get bigger but not sure if I should go on a weight gainer or what other options I have.

Buzzrider 7 right now I am running about 12 k a day of pretty much all hills and completing a 30 min circuit at the 6 k mark including sit ups, push ups, chin ups, pull ups, dips,etc..from there I go to my gym workout depending on day of the week chest, bi tri's, legs, back and shoulders after that I usually swim 2k in lane swim.

Diet is protien shakes at all usual times, alot of chicken and rice, v8 and other juices, zero take out or fast foods. If you want me to get into more detail let me know i just don't feel like typing it all out right now.....

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for the info. Based on all the reading I've been doing (a lot!) it sounds like you're burning a ton of calories through your long workouts, which is really leaning you up (obvious from your pics). But, if you want to gain muscle mass, you should keep in mind that your body produces growth hormones and testosterone for only about the first 60-90 minutes of your workout. It's during this peak that you want to be doing your muscle work - doing low reps with high weight (about 80% of your max weight). It's all about exhausting the muscle, which causes it to grow. But, without the growth hormones, this won't happen. Therefore, doing a huge cardio workout before going to the gym ends up being counterproductive. If you want to gain more muscle mass, I'd recommend doing a 60-90-minute weight workout 3-4 days a week, but ONLY doing weights. Or, if you have to run, do it first thing in the morning, then do your weights in the evening after you've rested up. You also need to have an excess of calories (with a high-protein diet) if you want to put on mass. It sounds like with the super-long workouts you're doing, you might actually have a daily caloric deficit, which would also explain why you've leaned up so much. Sorry if this is all stuff you already know!
I'm actually trying to lean out just a bit more, so your reply was very helpful and points out the fact that I need to be doing longer cardio workouts to get the kind of ab definition you have. (Looks awesome, by the way! Great job!!) Good luck to us both and keep up the great work!

Hey thanks appreciate the comments. Funny because chest seems to get the most workout from me at the gym. I can't seem to get my arms much bigger though I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I would like to get bigger but not sure if I should go on a weight gainer or what other options I have.

Buzzrider 7 right now I am running about 12 k a day of pretty much all hills and completing a 30 min circuit at the 6 k mark including sit ups, push ups, chin ups, pull ups, dips,etc..from there I go to my gym workout depending on day of the week chest, bi tri's, legs, back and shoulders after that I usually swim 2k in lane swim.

Diet is protien shakes at all usual times, alot of chicken and rice, v8 and other juices, zero take out or fast foods. If you want me to get into more detail let me know i just don't feel like typing it all out right now.....

D_9998

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some good info there, see I want to put on the weight but I want to stay lean and defined as well so I'm not sure how that fits in. I've been doing low reps high weight but like you said it seems like im being counter productive. My body is definately getting the protien it needs but I've never actually measured out the calories for what I am burning through my workout. I'm sure it is less as I don't eat real high calorie foods most of the time. I wonder if doing a routine of 4 days at gym and 3 days running and circuit would change it up but than that doesnt leave any rest time. I'll have to work something out maybe sit down with a trainer and gets some proffesional insight.