Working Out, Whey Protien, and Jacking Off

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by theprizefighter, Aug 20, 2007.

1. theprizefighter

So for the past two months I have been lifting weights pretty regularly. I read that to be able to rebuild the muscle and increase results it is good to ingest half your body weight's worth of protien. Example: If you weigh 200 pounds you should get 100g of protein a day. So I just started drinking whey protein shakes (surprisingly delicious) and eating protein bars. My first question is how will protein effect my sperm count, sex drive, and growth (i'm still a teen) if at all.

My second question may sound kinda stupid. I am under the impression that when you ejaculate, much of what comes out of you is protein or at least made from protein. So is it a bad idea to masturbate soon before or soon after working out? Will it minimize results?

Any help at all is very appreciated.

-the prize figher

2. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

This response is based off of limited knowledge, mind you, but I've done some reading. There's a forum on Bodybuilder.com that can give you a little more insight.

You should actually go for 1 gram of protein per pound, not just 0.5. This is a good formula if you really want to put on more muscle mass.

I don't think protein specifically has much to do with it, but you might notice an increase in your sex drive. It's because weight lifting combined with better nutrition will shoot your natural testosterone levels up a bit. You've got more hormones circulating through your system. You're still young so I imagine morning wood and sex urges are still relatively amped up for you anyway. Lifting just makes it more noticeable.

I don't think an increase in protein will affect your sperm count. If you were taking anabolic steroids, that'd be another story. Also, I think you're okay lifting at your age, so long as -- like I said -- you don't try to overdo it on the supplementation or the 'roids or things like that. It won't stunt you. Building muscle is the very opposite nature of that. You're growing. You'll probably fill out more broad-ways, but it shouldn't impact height.

Finally, I've heard a ton of mixed reviews on masturbating. Some try to refrain from doing it; others don't. I think it's a false assumption. Hell, I've been doing it more often and I don't have a problem with it. Besides, if anything, you're working your forearm, y'know?

Just make sure you take a small amount of whey protein before working out, and then have a shake after you're done. The pre-shake will help prep your body for lifting, and the post-shake will give you more protein to repair your torn-down muscles and replenish your glycogen levels.

3. theprizefighter

Honestly I would love to take more but shake mix and good protein bars are just too expensive. As it is I'm having two 30 gram shakes and one 30 gram protein bar a day. That puts me to 90 grams plus protein from meals (lots of chicken and tuna) for my 160 lb frame. So roughly I'm getting .6 grams of protein per pound. Maybe I'll up the protein ante when my work decides to up my salary. (Could be a while... :rolleyes: )

Oh yea, and you can be damn sure I won't ever touch roids, the thought just scares me.

Thanks again, man.

-the prize fighter

Draft saved Draft deleted