working out

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by breaktheice, Apr 2, 2009.

1. breaktheice

breaktheice New Member

does anyone know any good work out plans? i'm skinny with slight muscle definition. i'm pretty athletic but i want to get a little bit bigger. i will try and get back with a picture so you guys can see, but i was wondering if anyone had any work out plans to follow since i'm too broke to buy a personal trainer or anything. lol help me please?

2. TheRenaissance

TheRenaissance New Member

basic pushups and situps go a long way on a slim budget.
    hundredpushups.com and
    twohundredsitups.com
    are two good sites with a detailed 6 week workout plan.

Aside from that, there is a lot of good advice from LPSG members somewhere on this site.

Good luck.

3. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    EAT. Sandwiches, baked potatoes, oatmeal, peanut butter and jelly, salads...EAT. That's how you'll gain some weight. Stay active with your eating. You want your weight to get to all the right places. I play tennis, run, do reverse crunches. Some squats so my butt is cute. I do arm circles so my shoulders look like they do and push ups. That's about it.

My amount of laughs helps to keep my tummy tight. I crank my music and and dance a lot for some fun cardio and hope for the best.

Good luck, dude:cool:

P. S. You should be chewing on like a bagel or something right now:tongue:

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

pick up a copy of Arnold's book

read it

apply it's teachings

5. hdsolutions

hdsolutions New Member

base on my experienced, take protein whey and calcium plus - basic workout and have always a good meal, sleep 8-10 hours a day. I am now at an average weight 5'8 (165lbs).

Sweat Plus Scrifice = Success!

6. breaktheice

breaktheice New Member

i am taking some gnc product called mass xxx to help with protein/etc to help me gain wait. i use all the machines at the gym (because i can get in for free usually) but i was wondering if you guys had like a solid work out plan to go by? maybe some detail so i know what i'm doing because i hate feeling lost. all of you guys have been really helpful so far!

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

You could be wasting your time with exercise and proper nutrition, if you don’t know how to train and eat based on your body type!

Endomorphs | Mesomorphs | Ectomorphs :: A Body Type Analysis | Build Muscle and Lose Fat - Articles on Conditioning, Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Strongman, Diet, Nutrition, Martial Arts :: Project Swole | Hooksett, NH 03106

Arnold's book goes into it -- you first have to identify your body-type, then construct your program around that

I, for example, am a combination ectomorph and mesomorph ... so for years I was doing full range of motion, and getting nowhere fast

after a mate handed me his copy of Arnold's book, I read I should be going intense and heavy, which, of course, means a lot of partials

since I changed my routines based on that, I've gone from size 44 chest off-the-rack suit size, to pushing 50" now ...

8. dj30905

dj30905 New Member

Albums:
    Don't forget to take in as many calories as you can. I went to www.livestrong.com, set up an account (free) and started tracking what I ate. Started to eat a lot of foods high in protein and carbs. I take in roughly 3,500 to 4,00 calories a day, so be prepared to eat a lot. I've got the same body type as you do, so it's hard to bulk up. After about a month of eating a lot and working out, I went from 155 to 167.

9. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    best site for that question is www.bodybuilding.com
    check out some of the threads about workout routines.

10. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    I'm an extreme ectomorph, 5'6, 120 lbs, and have been having great success since I started on the Stronglifts 5x5 program. IMO the best thing a beginner can do is get on a 5x5 program.

Squat heavy and squat often. Stronglifts calls for squatting 3 times a week. That's right...3 times. Realize this is a beginner/intermediate program though. Once you get up to some serious poundages, no way can you squat that much. But for skinny beginners like us, nothing can be better for putting on muscle FAST.

To sum up, find a 5x5 program that focuses on compound lifts. Isolation exercises like bicep curls are not only a waste of time for a beginner, but can be counterproductive since peppering your workout with isolation movements can increase your recovery time making working out 3 times a week impossible. Trust me, you'll need your recovery since you're doing compound movements 3x a week, especially squats!

#10 javyn, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted