Workout Music

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is there any particular music you like listening to while working out? Does it depend on what kind of exercises you are doing?

If I'm lifting weights, nothing beats heavy metal/thrash music. Metallica is probably my favorite group (especially their older stuff).

If I'm doing cardio/aerobic training, I like dance/techno/house type music.

I did a swim workout this morning, and they had country music playing. While I think country is ok, it's just not what I consider workout music. Besides, everytime my head popped out of the water, I lost something - my truck, my dog, my girl...

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I workout in the evening... Usually, cardio watching Leno - no beat to set a pace to, but he's funny. Lately, weights listening to campy rock like the Darkness, Electric Six, or when I'm in a weird mood, Fantastic Plastic Machine. Before that, it was Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor" album.

tritonal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I almost always listen to the Pixies when I'm at the gym. But then, I almost always listen to the Pixies pretty much everywhere.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rocket, don't tell me you're doing aerobics! *tststs*

My main workout is swimming, and unfortunately there's no underwater walkman yet. But when I have a weights workout, I put in some old cassettes, Manfred Mann, Status Quo, The Doors (Their harder stuff), Slade, Dire Straits, Booze Brothers, Bruce Springsteen.

royston

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have these funny cd's with really nice slow music to chill me out when im at the gym because im weird like that....a typical cd would have like...eric clapton..tears in heaven...wondeful tonight....some bob marley..no woman no cry....celine dion....lionel richie.....lonestar..walkin in memphis..something from the gladiator soundtrack.........3 doors down..........matchbox 20.......vertical horizon.....bill withers....bryan adams...elvis.....a collection of vintage old school tunage which i shouldn't even of heard of, mixed with those crappy teen bands which arnt quite hardcore enough for most people but i like them for some reason....!

my fave songs at the mo..are 3 doors down...be like that...and matchbox 20..if your gone...and lonestar ...walkin in memphis

royston xx

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Lex said:
I got a 1 Gig Sony Network walkman for Xmas and I listen to rock or uptempo R&B when I exercise. Sure beats listening to the Gold's Gym Broadcasting Network. UGH.

I'm busy ripping a lot of the music I have for when I buy myself a new mp3 player. It's smaller, lighter and more compact than the dinosaur I have now. I'll probably go with a Creative Labs product versus the iPod.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I occasionally use music to work out to, in which case it has to have plenty of bass and be loud - techno can be very useful for these moments :rolleyes: (I live in a very old building with thick walls before you worry for my neighbors).

However, generally, I am such a movie-freak that I actually watch a film at the same time as working out. I've done this for years, and my 90-minute workout is pretty much based around the average running time of most movies. :smile: ... I know from friends that many people can't focus visually and on working out at the same time, but it's one of those rare occasions where I can actually multitask.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
naughty said:
Hi,

Now that I have returned to the gym ( Thanks LEX and Steve 319! ) I really do my best when inspired by the heavy beats of Salsa, Club or Disco.

NAughty

Should I burn a copy of Pat Benatar "Best Shots" for you, Dear?

I am happy to give IM motivation to both of you. Steve 26 certainly helped me keep my ass in the gym.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
RideRocket said:
I'm busy ripping a lot of the music I have for when I buy myself a new mp3 player. It's smaller, lighter and more compact than the dinosaur I have now. I'll probably go with a Creative Labs product versus the iPod.
The Sony 1 Gig was on sale before Xmas for $145. It is the size of my thumb and comes with a belt clip. It ROCKS.
Here is a pic:
http://www.ogormans.co.uk/images/IM_NW-E403_BLACK.jpg

TylerDurden

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually listen to stuff by 12 Stones, Crossfade, Nickelback, etc....like it was said earlier, anything with a heavy beat and a driving bass beat.

I just got a Ipod Nano for my birthday in December, and that little puppy is crammed full of music for every situation - I swear, it's like having a personal soundtrack at your fingertips!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:

I bought one of those for my daughter for xmas and she seems to love it. She has way more storage than the iPod in a similar price range and it seems easy to use.

I haven't worked out in too long, but I was always partial to NIN and the Chemical Brothers. Thesedays I'd have to add in Mindless Self Indulgence, the rest of the shit I listen to is too artsy-fartsy for working out.

@Rock- Motorhead during a workout might cause serious rupturing of tissues in the brain.

lifewillkillyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Metal. Slipknot, American Head Charge, Fear Factory, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Android Lust, Clutch, Devil Driver (Coal Chamber), Red Harvest, etc.....