Workout Music

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lifewillkillyou said:
Metal. Slipknot, American Head Charge, Fear Factory, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Android Lust, Clutch, Devil Driver (Coal Chamber), Red Harvest, etc.....

So a real kinda easy-listening selection, then :rolleyes:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:
lol - No aerobics for me, I just meant it in terms of getting your heart rate up. I prefer running, biking or stairmaster.

Sorry, I had trouble with the thought of seeing you hopping around like a silly rabbit in a pink, skin-tight leotard with Disco music blaring in the background. That's all, feeling better now since you cleared up the misunderstanding ;-) I prefer biking or stairmaster for the heart rate, where my real preference goes to the bike, for OBVIOUS reasons.

My only must-have attribute for workout music is that it's nothing brainheavy. Just some old radio rock classics that give me an endorphine injection.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Claire, come on, you KNOW Rocket in a leotard would be worth an ogle or two.

As for me, surfing and yoga are my main forms of exercise and neither lends itself to iPods or loud, thumping music. I also run, though, and I use an iShuffle and let it pick the songs for me. I go for bouncy pop/rock stuff like Fountains of Wayne, Lenny Kravitz, Gorillaz, Pink and for my "old-school" days, 80s groups like Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, GoGos, etc.

And Dr. Rock, I l-o-v-e Garbage. Shirley Manson rawwwwwks!

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SurferGirlCA said:
Claire, come on, you KNOW Rocket in a leotard would be worth an ogle or two.

As for me, surfing and yoga are my main forms of exercise and neither lends itself to iPods or loud, thumping music. I also run, though, and I use an iShuffle and let it pick the songs for me. I go for bouncy pop/rock stuff like Fountains of Wayne, Lenny Kravitz, Gorillaz, Pink and for my "old-school" days, 80s groups like Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, GoGos, etc.

And Dr. Rock, I l-o-v-e Garbage. Shirley Manson rawwwwwks!

You mean, one of those with deep "cleavage", when you can see his chest hair peek out? Hm, revising what I've said above. THAT'd be a sight, including the crotch rocket bulge ;-)

A thing the world would need is a waterproof walkman. Sometimes it really annoys me that I can't have the surf rock when I am on my board, and my impersonification of an electric piano isn't worth listening.

You do boarding, or wind surfing, honey?

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
A thing the world would need is a waterproof walkman. Sometimes it really annoys me that I can't have the surf rock when I am on my board, and my impersonification of an electric piano isn't worth listening.

You do boarding, or wind surfing, honey?

Yes, I agree! It's nice early in the morning to just be out on the waves when it's quiet and it's just me and the ocean, but other times it would be fun to have some surf music buzzin' in my ears. I have seen a couple of guys here with waterproof cases around their MP3 players on their arms. They look kinda bulky for me, though.

I have a 6'3" Egg board and live about a block from the Pacific. I've heard about the great windsurfing up by Mt. Hood Oregon - just haven't tried it yet. Where do you get your fix?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
SurferGirlCA said:
I have a 6'3" Egg board and live about a block from the Pacific.
I mean this in a friendly way, but: I hate you! :rolleyes:

*sits looking out at the grayness, with the sea about 350 miles to the north*

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SurferGirlCA said:
Yes, I agree! It's nice early in the morning to just be out on the waves when it's quiet and it's just me and the ocean, but other times it would be fun to have some surf music buzzin' in my ears. I have seen a couple of guys here with waterproof cases around their MP3 players on their arms. They look kinda bulky for me, though.

I have a 6'3" Egg board and live about a block from the Pacific. I've heard about the great windsurfing up by Mt. Hood Oregon - just haven't tried it yet. Where do you get your fix?

An MP3-Player is useless to me, since all my songs are on cassettes, and I'm in no particular mood to get them all on MP3 memory before I can use them.

I have a Starboard Carve 122, and get my fix (not as often as I'd love to get it) on San Fran Bay, Leo Carillo or Lake Isabella. But by far the best surfing I've had was at Europe, French Atlantic coast. It beats anything I've done here at the states.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
I have a Starboard Carve 122, and get my fix (not as often as I'd love to get it) on San Fran Bay, Leo Carillo or Lake Isabella. But by far the best surfing I've had was at Europe, French Atlantic coast. It beats anything I've done here at the states.

Ohhhh, I haven't surfed France, but there are some amazing breaks in Cornwall, southwest England. Pack a wetsuit, though.

Ok, sorry guys! To send the thread back, the Killers cd is also a great workout choice.

royston

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lifewillkillyou said:
Metal. Slipknot, American Head Charge, Fear Factory, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Android Lust, Clutch, Devil Driver (Coal Chamber), Red Harvest, etc.....

truly evil!

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Whether running or lifting, I listen to the same type of music, but different bands.

My running playlist right now is: Alexisonfire, Fear before the march of flames, The Chariot, Funeral for a friend, Glassjaw and UnderOath

Lifting is a little heavier (if thats possible) Throwdown, The Acacia Strain, Atreyu, It Dies Today, Unearth, Thursday, Darkest Hour and Anterrabae