World cup fever; who will it be?

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The best player vote was made at half time - before the head butt.

The Italian called Zidane "son of a terrorist whore" - and maybe more.

Had the referee heard this comment then the Italian would have been sent off. Unfortunately he did not and Mr. Zidane's mother who is known to be the main person in his life had just been admitted to hospital.

The Italian is scum in my book and this type of cowardly provocation ruins the game as we also saw with the Portugese against England's Wayne Rooney.

I have great respect still for Mr. Zidane.

Don't forget the Italy Vs US game - the Italians were also disgraceful then.

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
pichulon said:
Andresito,
should I call you Andreau???:rolleyes: the french man??:tongue:
Please no, it will make me horny.

That is exactly the function of the line man ( juez de linea) , to see those things that would be too much detail for a referee to see. The line man did an excelent job. It was such a mean headbut, it would had made the final game in the world cup look unfairly biased towards France.
The thing is that the line man did not see what happened. Just think, between the heat butt and the red card passed 5 minutes (and 5 minutes of the final 15!!!)

It's the proof that the line man did use the screen player to let know to Elizondo what Zidane did.

It is nobody's fault but Zidane's.
I'm not saying that is not Zidane faults, but if I can not justify him, I can not blame him either.

If the referee can not see a move, his line men have to make sure he is informed.
And what happen if the line man didn't see it? We watch the repeat on a screen player or we leave the fault? In this case they choose watch the screen player, so in that case is fair that Materazzi has to be punish for what he said.

Other players deserve that nomination,character counts, it is not all about being the best.
No, character not count, that why they have a lot of awards (and one of them is the fair play or something like)

That is why Maradona did not reach levels of acceptance and probity of character as Pele did.
Maradona did not reach leves of acceptance of Pele cuz he didn't want to, Pele is a great PPRR, but he is not considered the best player (any poll of football set Maradona on first place)

Or maybe Maradona could not be a good PPRR cuz the drugs issues, who knows.

Jessica

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lordpendragon said:
The best player vote was made at half time - before the head butt.

The Italian called Zidane "son of a terrorist whore" - and maybe more.

Lordpendragon:

There is no evidence of those words. The Italian player denied those rumors, Zinadine Z did not say anything like that. It is only speculation.
If ZZ would had said so, then it would be the italian player words against the french's. Even in that case, I would doubt ZZ words, because ZZ has a history of violence in the field. Any player that gets ejected, would cry foul to try get some sympathy.
There is no justification for hitting anybody like that. To sside with ZZ, even if it was true, is to give players a license to get into a brawl. The good thing about football, is that there is no violence, at least, no tolerance for it. The flow of football ( soccer in the United States) would be hindered terribly, if it is pernited like in Hockey.
I liked ZZ, untill that move, he made me feel I was rooting for a dark minded disrespectfull player.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well consider though that there is this thing called testosterone, adrenalin and the x chromosome, mix this with anger at an insult designed to upset in the knowledge of his mother's situation.

Mr. Zidane has lost it now three times in some 600 professional games, that's once every two hundred games. Hardly the record of the man you describe.

I don't think that you can have the greatness of the man without the passions and sadly lesser teams have developed cynical tactics to attack the opponents mentality rather than try to beat him at the game. There is a difference between playing psychology and direct offensive insult - there is a limit and IMO the Italian crossed it to the point of being a cheat and a racist.

Everyone has a limit to witholding their reactions when they are physically or mentally hurt - I think it's harsh to condemn someone for this.

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
IanTheTall said:
One also needs to remember that a strong enough head but to the chest could cause severe injury and maybe more.

We need to remember that:

1) Head butt is just for the ocasion, any hit on the chest could injure.

2) Football players are trained to receive several hits, so the chance to get a serious injure is less in a player than in other person.

3) I repeat what LordPendragon explain (again, my english sucks)

The thing is that we're saying that if Zidane didn't hit Materazzi then he would not recieve the red card.

We're wrong, the real thing is that if Materazzi keep silence then Zidane would not hit him.

Zizou's head butt is an effect of a previous cause.

pichulon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Andresito said:
We need to remember that:

1) Head butt is just for the ocasion, any hit on the chest could injure.

2) Football players are trained to receive several hits, so the chance to get a serious injure is less in a player than in other person.

3) I repeat what LordPendragon explain (again, my english sucks)

The thing is that we're saying that if Zidane didn't hit Materazzi then he would not recieve the red card.

We're wrong, the real thing is that if Materazzi keep silence then Zidane would not hit him.

Zizou's head butt is an effect of a previous cause.

Sorry andresito, but I disagree. It is not about a player insulting another, that happens all the time, even at your street soccer game.
Professional players have to exercise control. If any player was to get a green light to punch or hit with any part of their bodies ( head fist, foot, knee, fingers, elbow, etc) we would be watching a wrestling match.
Games would end with 3 players on each side!
And about football players getting trained to receive hits on their chests, you said it right, those players that get the training are the "football" players, American football.
Soccer players do not receive , nor do exercises for their chests, to be ready to get a head but like that.
Zidane should retire from soccer, and come to America,plenty of football teams will give him a chance.

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
pichulon said:
that happens all the time, even at your street soccer game.

Yes, but there's a difference: the slogan of this world cup was NO TO RACISM. So one thing in a insult (like you said, it happens all the time), another one is a racist insult, so I don't see crazy that now are taking this to the justice.

Professional players have to exercise control. If any player was to get a green light to punch or hit with any part of their bodies ( head fist, foot, knee, fingers, elbow, etc) we would be watching a wrestling match.

Agree.

Soccer players do not receive , nor do exercises for their chests, to be ready to get a head but like that.

They do exercise, the chest must be ready to receive hits (of course, they are thinking in the ball)

My greatest fear of Italy winning was the danger of a forgiving to the teams that were involved in corruption, but now it's over.

pichulon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Andresito said:
Yes, but there's a difference: the slogan of this world cup was NO TO RACISM. So one thing in a insult (like you said, it happens all the time), another one is a racist insult, so I don't see crazy that now are taking this to the justice.

Agree.

They do exercise, the chest must be ready to receive hits (of course, they are thinking in the ball)

My greatest fear of Italy winning was the danger of a forgiving to the teams that were involved in corruption, but now it's over.

Andresito, I think it will be the opposite, this time around, because Italy is the World Champion, the whole planet will look into the problem, and Italy will have to set an example.
If not, the whole planet will see it, it will not be done with impunity.

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
pichulon said:
Andresito, I think it will be the opposite, this time around, because Italy is the World Champion, the whole planet will look into the problem, and Italy will have to set an example.

Agree, but in others world cups similar problems appeared (not in teams, but players involved in corruption) and FIFA forgive.

Now the news are different, teams moves millions of dollars, so it's good that they pay for what they did.

World Cup end for me Pichu, see ya soon (in China 08)