World of Warcraft

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Surely I'm not the only WoW addict on this site...... how many of you play? I'm on a European server, simply due to the fact that the guy who's paying for it plays the European version as well, and I wanted to be able to play with him. But I'm freakn addicted. :tongue: I play every single day.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I chose not to get into it because of how addicting it's said to be. That and because the damn Blood Elves stole the long-running signature physical trait of one of the main characters in my novel series. Jerks.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I chose not to get into it because of how addicting it's said to be. That and because the damn Blood Elves stole the long-running signature physical trait of one of the main characters in my novel series. Jerks.

I'd be interested to know why this particular one is more addictive than the other games. In chat a little over a year ago, people were talking about all these RPG games, very involved in it. I know nothing about what it would be like and would not be able to get into it either--I see you're a writer too, and I think this makes some of us realize that there is only so much time in days and weeks.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I've wondered that, too. I know it topped out Everquest, because that game was just a bunch of level grinding. I remember I spent 2 hours fighting dire rats until I was strong enough to do anything else. That's when I hung it up for good. Having to build up for a while until I'm strong enough for even a starter mission is fine, but switch up the enemies a bit. Damn.

Hm, maybe there's a correlation. I don't know.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So are there really only two people who play this game that are on LPSG, or is everyone else just too busy playing to read this thread? :frown1:

I think they are too busy playing right now to check this thread. I know for a fact there are at least a few dozen WoW players on LPSG. :cool:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
gonna sound stupid here...but do you have to pay for it? whats the deal bout the game? heard about it but know little bout it

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I believe there are (at least) half a dozen 'regular' posters on LPSG who either play WoW, or used to.

I personally play Guild Wars, though my account is unused and has been for along time until I get my higher-spec PC back in action. I tried WoW on the 10 day free trial sometime last year and the things I enjoyed about it were almost balanced out by the things I'm wasn't so fond of.
What annoyed me most, however, is that blizzard sneakily tried to charge me for 6 months subscription without any authority. It was enough of a red flag by them for my credit card company to ring up to share their concerns with me and ask if it was a legitimate payment.
I guess it all sorted itself out, as no charges ever went through fully.

Assuming I had the time, I'd probably play WoW myself if there was no subscription fee involved. I'd rather play it with people I know than meeting players from the game itself, though.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Why do people need to jump everywhere they go?

What annoyed me most, however, is that blizzard sneakily tried to charge me for 6 months subscription without any authority. It was enough of a red flag by them for my credit card company to ring up to share their concerns with me and ask if it was a legitimate payment.
I guess it all sorted itself out, as no charges ever went through fully.
It's just like the old AOHell scam. If they ask for your credit card info for a 'free' trial then that's a huge red flag.
Assuming I had the time, I'd probably play WoW myself if there was no subscription fee involved. I'd rather play it with people I know than meeting players from the game itself, though.
There should be an LPSG clan!

One of the best SP episodes, IMHO.
It was THE best. I think there was even a Leroy Jenkins reference.
I love that!

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's $15 a month. I play for maybe two hours a day on average. It can be addictive, but it's also repetitive to a certain degree, and there's always so many annoying kids on the server that it's not that difficult to put down.