World Series, Who do you want to win?

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Who is going to win the world series? The Yanks or the Marlins? Do I care? No, not really. I am not much of a baseball fan, but I hate the Yanks (sorry NY) and I know the fish are gonna be fried, So I am rooting for none of the above.

jackinman: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=meetgreet;num=1066520751;start=0#0 date=10/18/03 at 16:36:51]Who is going to win the world series? The Yanks or the Marlins? Do I care? No, not really. I am not much of a baseball fan, but I hate the Yanks (sorry NY) and I know the fish are gonna be fried, So I am rooting for none of the above. [/quote]

That's ok Geo, just get on that looooooong line of Yankee haters. I think Paul and Tender are at the front of the line. :D

Thanks AJ, LET'S GO YANKEES, I've been looking for a cheering section.

headbang8: This morning, I wake to find my very unsporting boyfriend watching...baseball! The whole of Japan is glued to the world's series thanks to the Matsuri factor. Gojira rocks!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm an avid baseball fan. I wish April would hurry up and get here. *yawns*

Pecker

(Sign at ballpark: Just wait until next year!)

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am a converted Giants fan (not because they were winning, a close friend has season tickets and I can't show up as an "A's" fan) I actually got back into the game of baseball. I was sad that they lost in the first round of the playoffs (went to a playoff game dressed in orange) and i felt the sadness of the crowd. Was i heartbroken? No, I don't get that emotional.

rainfletcher: I'm not a fan of any particular team. I was hoping for a Red Sox / Cubs World Series, but since that's not possible....

Anyone but the Yankees...:)

7x6andchg: I'm sorry, there's what...going on....

I made good on my promise - not one pitch was watched by yours truly. I didn't even know Florida won until just now...

Go Pudge! (my namesake :D on YahooIM)

7x6&C

hung9mike: Let's go Fish! Well, somebody from Florida had to chime in here.

Zot57

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=geo8x6 link=board=meetgreet;num=1066520751;start=0#0 date=10/18/03 at 16:36:51]Who is going to win the world series? The Yanks or the Marlins? Do I care? No, not really. I am not much of a baseball fan, but I hate the Yanks (sorry NY) and I know the fish are gonna be fried, So I am rooting for none of the above. [/quote]

I also don't particulary care who wins. It's ok with me
either way.

-- Erik

HC: I didn't even want to speak on this, swearing off baseball until March. But here goes:

It's amazing how quickly things can fall apart. The first two rounds of the playoffs were amazing, and they won many new fans of the game with the stories and the excitement. Would the Cubs and Red Sox face off in the World Series, assuring one of the curses of being broken? Could the Red Sox erase the Buckner demons of 86? How about the Cubs and Yankees for the first time since Babe Ruth's Called Shot?

In the divisional series, the Red Sox were in danger of being swept and came back to beat Oakland, while the Cubs won their first playoff series in 95 years. Then in the championship series round, the Red Sox could knock off their arch rival Yankees to go to the Series, while the NL underdogs of the Cubs and Marlins played each other, with the Marlins never having lost a playoff series in their franchise history and the Cubs not having been to the Series in 58 years. It was obvious that a script would have the Cubs and Red Sox in the 2003 World Series.

But now, it's the Marlins and Yankees. Who to root for? That's like the difficult choice between AIDS or cancer. Proof that there is no God, or at least, no baseball gods.

7x6andchg: Iced Inferno -

Having grown up outside of Chicago - I can tell you that I believe there ARE no baseball Gods.

If there were, somewhere there would be a lightning bolt with Georgie-boy's name on it.

I've sworn off too...bring on hockey and football!

7x6&C