Worries About Obama = Gun Sales Through The Roof!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eh.
Last year, I saw the biggest turn out at the regional gun show than I had in years and Obama wasn't a blip on the political radar yet.

Most people, or at least those of us who own weapons, are aware that economic downturn leads to increased crime and act accordingly. The rest are just panic buying and it isn't necessary, as any negative action by Obama, or anyone else, would not take effect January 20, 2009, or even 2010. :rolleyes:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^Nice I was considering a Sig, but am leaning toward a Springfield.
My Dad, stepfather, just gifted me with a firestar 9mm tonight, so that should give me something to play with until I find a model I really want. :)

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Eh.
Last year, I saw the biggest turn out at the regional gun show than I had in years and Obama wasn't a blip on the political radar yet.

Most people, or at least those of us who own weapons, are aware that economic downturn leads to increased crime and act accordingly. The rest are just panic buying and it isn't necessary, as any negative action by Obama, or anyone else, would not take effect January 20, 2009, or even 2010. :rolleyes:

The wise are buying now, prices are going up fast and if you like the things that scare liberals they are getting hard to find already.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Saturday I picked up my SIG P-220 & Glock 19 for myself and a KAHR CW40 for my wife we added those to our collection.

I’m not a Glock fan, I saw one misfire and come apart in the hands of the owner and it wasn’t pretty as he was messed up bad. Granted it doesn’t happen that often but if it does I prefer something a little more hardy.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Liberals?
I think it is more an issue of being raised in a gun culture or not. :smile:

Liberals are mostly the ones historically after our guns, especially “scary” sounding guns like assault rifles. The word “assault” plays well for scaring the clueless who back such nonsense like banning them.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Liberals are mostly the ones historically after our guns, especially “scary” sounding guns like assault rifles. The word “assault” plays well for scaring the clueless who back such nonsense like banning them.
Perhaps, but I know plenty of "Liberals" who own firearms and do not want bans. Stop generalizing in this simplistic right vs. left, liberal vs. conservative, democrat vs. republican, bullshit way--most people are way more complex than the labels would present.

Jesus, what a fucked up country. Seriously what the hell is wrong with you people.
Idk, perhaps I just like my 2nd amendment rights. :smile:
I am also from a rural, military, police background and we do like our weapons. If you do not like it, that's fine, it isn't part of your culture, however, there is nothing "wrong" with anyone... and that will remain the case until the right has been excised from the country's founding documents.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am also from a rural, military, police background and we do like our weapons. If you do not like it, that's fine, it isn't part of your culture, however, there is nothing "wrong" with anyone... and that will remain the case until the right has been excised from the country's founding documents.

what the babe said!

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My brother just bought a semi-automatic shotgun. I didn't even know they existed! As for me, I just need to stock up on ammo for my AR-15. All I have now are tracer rounds.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Don't get me wrong, I am a member of a gun club, and I like target shooting.
But the whole "buying guns if Obama gets elected" is really rubbing me the wrong way.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't get me wrong, I am a member of a gun club, and I like target shooting.
But the whole "buying guns if Obama gets elected" is really rubbing me the wrong way.

The riots that will ensue if Obama isn't elected on November 4th are already a scary proposition. With gun sales going through the roof, I think I'll spend that night in a cabin in the country.

Minorities will wage war on America if Obama doesn't win. I've already been briefed on this matter.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My criminal record prevents me from legally owning a handgun, but that didn't prevent me from still owning this Colt Mark IV .45ACP.I still have a Remington 770 that's calibrated for a .30-06 with a mossy oak camo finish and a bushnell 9x scope. I also have a Remington 870 12 gauge super magnum express with a waterfowl camo finish ( for the ducks and turkey ). Oh, and my trusty compound bow. I've been using the same rifle since I was about 12 and I have my eyes set on a Smith & Wesson i-Bolt .30-06 (no other caliber will do) with a camo finish or a .38 special to add to my collection. So I'm pretty sure I'll be fine if there are riots after election day.

I guess I just really like guns. Maybe because I've been hunting since I was a little boy. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to come duck hunting with me this year.

I think we should have looser gun control laws. Let's face it, if someone really wants a gun they will get it, even if they have to circumvent the law. But think about the people that may live outside of the immediate reach of law enforcement that can't own a concealed weapon or a firearm at all because of their record. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The idea that an Obama presidency is going to impact your gun-ownership is absurd. First of all, he would have to get legislation through a congress where almost all Republicans and many Democrats are pro-gun. Second of all, the Supreme Court just ruled that the 2nd Amendment confers on individuals a clear right to own guns, thereby throwing out the "organized militia" argument. Third of all, Obama's a prgamatist. The last thing he's going to do is splinter his coalition on a losing crusade against guns, when he was elected to provide Americans with decent health care, keep good jobs from going overseas and get our troops out of Iraq.