Worst Fast Food Places

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

1. White Castle.

2. Krystals, which is like the Southern version of White Castle, yet manages to be worse than White Castle and quite possibly creates some of the most disgusting product for consumption. That place is a suicide factory.

2. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

"I'm so hungry I could eat Arby's"

-- Simpsons quote, said by one of those ghostly twin girls when the school kids have been stranded on a deserted island

I love that show!!

:rofl:

3. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

P.S. My mom's a nutritionist so she would want me to suggest that almost every fast food restaurant should fall under the "occasional guilty pleasure if you must" category. :hi:

4. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    The worst fast-food places in the world are in Scotland. (Fitting that McDonalds should have adopted a Scots name)

Deep fried Mars Bar, anyone? My arteries are still hard from that one.

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

We don't have White Castle or Krystals. We do, however, have a fast food joint called Griff's. I'll never eat a Griff's food item again, and it has nothing to do with the fact that their burgers are unforgivably greasy or that they cook their fries in old oil, though both are true enough. A friend and I went through the drive-through at Griff's, and she ordered a hamburger. When she bit into it, she was not expecting to find a used Band-Aid cooked in the patty. When we went back to complain, they didn't even apologise: they just said they'd replace her burger! Oh, yeah ... I'd want another burger made from that batch of meat!

6. mindseye

Gold Member

Heh. I've got a great White Castle story.

I was 19 -- up to that point in my life, I'd lived in the Southeast my whole life, where there are no White Castles. Never been to one, never even heard of them. I'm on my first college road trip out west, and I pull over at an exit in Indiana looking for a place to eat. I see a White Castle, and think, "hey, what the hell", and pull up to their drive through.

The first thing I notice on the menu is how cheap their food is: 79 cents for a double cheeseburger. I was amazed, but decided that maybe food is more expensive on the east coast because of the added transportation costs from the heartland.

So I order a double cheeseburger, and the girl at the drive through asked "Just one?"

I swear I'm being clueless at this point, but I think, "Okay, Indianans must be pigs as well; who's gonna eat two double-cheeseburgers?" Anyway, she gives me my total (with the coke, it was still under $2), and I pull up to the window.

She hands me the food in a bag, and I decide I want to get back on the highway before trying to unwrap my food so I have both hands free for turning. So in a few minutes, I get back on I-65, and reach into the bag and pull out a burger the size of a fifty-cent piece. Boy, did I feel ripped off! ;)

7. Pappy

Pappy Member

The absolute worst place I've ever had the misfortune to eat was the Friendly's in Clinton Maryland. Thankfully they are now closed, for good I hope. Comming in at number 2 is Denny's any of them, doesn't matter which one, they're all nasty.

8. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Don't know if you guys have Whataburgers in your area...I know they are around in Florida...Hands down they worst tasting burger ever...And they are open 24hrs...

9. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

The KFC/Colonel Sanders chain in central Maryland, years ago, was bought by a Baltimore Colt football player and renamed "Ginos" (after himself) for a period of time. It was horrid. A friend of mine in high school worked at the local one. He'd run around the restaurant while on shift beating a broom down on the floor, pretending to kill bugs. At least I *think* he was pretending. Its amazing anyone ate there.

10. DenBoy

DenBoy Member

Albums:
    Without a doubt the worst I've ever had too. Luckily I no longer live near their territory.

11. jonb

Gold Member

Checkers/Rally's. I once got a rancid cheeseburger at a Rally's.

McDonald's. I don't wnat my fries to taste like a hamburger, thank you very much.

Taco Bell. I have never understood Taco Bell. Why they have a German flag outside their store. Also, real Mexican isn't just five or six names for the same thing.

12. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    There are some utterly terrible Pizza Huts here in Chicago.

And after the 'giant wad of hair in the chili' debacle, no one in my family eats at Steak n' Shake anymore.

13. jonb

Gold Member

Ugh! Don't even remind me of Pizza Hut. About five years ago, I ordered from a Pizza Hut, and their pepperoni was too dry. I recently ordered from them again, and they apparently didn't listen to my complaint in FIVE YEARS.

Domino's has the opposite problem: Too much grease.

14. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

We're outta fries.

15. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

You haven't read the Best Fast Food Burger thread then, have ya. ha/ha..... DMW said that they were in LA too, which doesn't surprise me, but I'm surprised to see them make it all the way over to FL too.

I have to say that I always pass up Arbys....can't stand the place.

BTW Pecker, that was freakin' funny!

16. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

That *was* good. And it reminds me, I was not too fond of Jack In The Crack (an employee called it that once) when I lived in TX. The antenna balls they gave away were cute tho.

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Without a doubt the worst I've ever had too. Luckily I no longer live near their territory.
    [post=335466]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Interesting, it must have something to do with the franchise. The only Whataburger I have ever had was in Russellville, Arkansas. Their food was always excellent. Well-cooked, large burgers, nice crisp fries, and hand-dipped milkshakes. Wendy's used to have the most awful, limp, greasy fries, but they have apparently started buying from the same company that makes the fries for McD's. They are crisp, but drenched in paraffin (yes, that's right, candle wax.) That's why they are so crisp, and also why they leave that waxy feel on the roof of your mouth.

The one fast-food restaurant I miss (I am not sure how regional or national this one was) is Minute Man. Absolutely the best burgers ever. They used grated cheddar on the cheeseburgers, and the meat was cooked on a grill (not a griddle) over open flames. MMMM, carcinogens...

SurferGirl, I know of at least one other Arby's/Barfy's reference, something Marge said, but I can't quote it offhand.

18. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

mmmmmmm .... french fry flavored candle wax * drools *

19. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

deep fried mars or deep fried chocolate bars originated in my city in scotland DUNDEE (probably school kids wanting them).

regrettably there are a few bad places for fast food in scotland but i do not think we would qualify as the worst worldwide......indeed we have some lovely local "chippies" who do delicious fresh deep fried crispy battered haddock with chips.....mmmmm.makes your mouth water....or you may have heard of smokies or kippers which ARBROATH is famous for just along the coast from me...again a tasty treat should you ever visit scotland.

20. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

In this area the mickey d's will kill ya! you just as well eat the box and toss the burger.

Draft saved Draft deleted