Worst Fast Food Places

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Ashvale

one of the best places ive had fish and chips
go see the WHALE on their website......button on left column.....if you can eat the whole meal they either give you another free or a dessert....honestly hardly anyone could manage one meal never mind finishing it and having a dessert.

nice place though with valet parking out front for customers and a bout an hours drive from me...well worth visiting

Restaurant food is, on the whole, tragic. Lots of salt, fat, and carbohydrates no matter what you order nor

where you order it.

and I do mean "where."

On the whole..... restaurants of any sort, from Wimpy's (the worst of the worst in my book) to Alain Ducasse serve food that is loaded with fats, salt, and nothing nutritionally balanced. Fast food in Europe is hideous; much worse than we have in the US though the marble-tiled McDonald's in the Piazza d'Espagne had a bathroom so clean I would not hesitate to eat from it. The late-nite schwarma and chips places are so vile that you feel you're eating solidified grease. Truly Europe does not understand the concept of fast food.

I confess to having massive Big Mac attacks. I have a thing for the Big Mac. I can't help it. McDonald's french fries, done properly, are the best anywhere. A perfect Big Mac with a large fries done right is wonderful. Bad for you, but wonderful. It's not easy to find, but when you do. It tastes great.

The worst food places are the sit-down chain places. Many have entrees which have more fat and trans-fats than the fast food places and that's just in ONE dish!. All the food is burped-up pre-packaged from Sysco and served in the fattiest of fats. IHOP, Outback, Applebees, and Denny's are the worst places to eat; actually worse than McDonald's or Booger King if you go for the three courses though many single entrees beat the standard value meal packages for fat and calories at Micky's or BK.

Food these days is dreadful.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
McDonalds, I rarely get food from there there but it's driven all the nice little cafes that used to exist out of business and the chips are made from expanded polstyrene - probably.

Actually, I think McDonalds Fries are pretty good so long as they're fresh (and minimally salted), as are the McFlurries. The rest of their offerings are pretty comprehensively pooh though. At least it's not actively toxic.

Fast food has it's place, but complaining that one doesn't get a five star gourmet experience from food which is essentially prepared and served on a production line and to the lowest cost is rather churlish, IMO. :smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LOL. Yeah, we native Chicagoans are always amazed that any Pizza Slut makes it in Chicagoland. Chicago has the best pizza in the world and the best of it is gotten in tiny, nasty, greasy, pizza parlors that are family owned. The pizza there is always fresh and it has the best ingredients.

We Chicagoans figure that it's tourists who keep the Pizza Sluts alive in the Chicago Area.

New York City has the best Pizza. That deep dish shit should be ashamed to call itself pizza.

I bet NJ has better Pizza than Chicago.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of the big 3 McDonald's has the worst quality control of food.

I like White Castle. I got some last night getting home thru the Nor'easter. As long as they are fresh they are great, it you go in the morning and they have been sitting on the grill for an hour they are gross.

I love Chik-Fil-A. We don't have them in my area. Their chicken breast sandwiches are amazing and so are their chicken nuggets. There is one in a mall about 10 miles away, but I am not a mall person.

And why does the Big Mac cost $2.79 and some places have the double cheeseburger for $1. Does that extra slice of bread cost $1.79

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of the big 3 McDonald's has the worst quality control of food.

Based on? From speaking to people who worked there, I think that's an inaccurate statement.

I've eaten McDonalds in dozens of countries (it's a weird kind of tradition, what can I say) and if that's true then it's globally consistant poor quality control because they always taste (and I use the term taste in a broad sense) exactly the same.

I will add that I have never ever been ill after eating McDonalds which is more than I can say for many of the others.

.... but I am not a mall person.

What's a 'mall' person?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Based on? From speaking to people who worked there, I think that's an inaccurate statement.

What's a 'mall' person?

Based on eating food from there. They sometimes serve cold food or it is inconsistent from place to place. Sometimes a Quarter Pounder with Cheese is delicious and sometimes it's marginal at best.

When you put a noun in front of "person" it can imply that they are into something. Such as I am a "dog person" means that you like them.

"Not a mall person" means that I do not like to frequent them.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Based on eating food from there. They sometimes serve cold food or it is inconsistent from place to place. Sometimes a Quarter Pounder with Cheese is delicious and sometimes it's marginal at best.

You found a restaurant with delicious burgers. I'm impressed!

When you put a noun in front of "person" it can imply that they are into something. Such as I am a "dog person" means that you like them.

"Not a mall person" means that I do not like to frequent them.

I'm familiar with the linguistics I just wondered if it was some cultural quirk I was unaware of.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't care for McDonald's......

Have always liked Burger King cause I liked the flame cooked taste better.

Somebody mentioned Whataburger and McDonald's drenching their fries in parafin ?
Are You Sure about that ?
Gross.:mad:

"If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, easy, and cheap."

Ok...I eat regular food the majority of the time.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't care for McDonald's......

Nor me, though I've had worse, far worse.

Have always liked Burger King cause I liked the flame cooked taste better.

They seem to taste better, I agree.

Somebody mentioned Whataburger and McDonald's drenching their fries in parafin ?
Are You Sure about that ?
Gross.:mad:

I read that they sprinkled them in 'meat juice' though having seen them tip them out of the vats I've not noticed, perhaps it's in the salt sprinkler.

Of course the fries were once cooked in oil that's 93% beef tallow, making fries higher in saturated fat by weight than burgers. Today they use vegetable oil.

These may 'amuse'.

BBC NEWS | UK | McDonald's fries advert is banned
Why McDonald's Fries Taste So Good

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've eaten McDonalds in dozens of countries (it's a weird kind of tradition, what can I say) and if that's true then it's globally consistant poor quality control because they always taste (and I use the term taste in a broad sense) exactly the same.

I will add that I have never ever been ill after eating McDonalds which is more than I can say for many of the others.

Same here.

Mickey D's is far from my first choice for food, even among fast food joints. But, for fun, I've made it a mission to visit a McD in every country I tour and my observations match yours: the same bland mediocrity at every stop but no food poisoning episodes.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Korean McDonald's have bulgogi burgers, shrimp burgers, and "shanghai spice" chicken wraps, among other things. They're not all exactly the same.

My friend Daniel traveled to Bangkok when we were both very young and reported that though they had McDonald's there, the hamburgers were mushy and disgusting and not at all similar. That was 20 years ago, though. They may have increased global uniformity since then. I don't think I bothered visiting any fast food places the last time I was in Thailand.

In the Philippines I was amazed to see the difference in portion size. A large fry looked like what would pass for a "child size" fry in the USA. I'm not saying that USA ginormous-sized portions is necessarily a good thing. We tend to eat too much at every meal in general. and every 2 french fries have as much fat as an entire potato.

In Europe I noticed how they often tried to work the McDonald's into existing architecture so they didn't appear so ugly. In France and Poland and Holland I saw many fast food restaurants with charming exteriors. Same banal interiors, though.

I was also amazed at how many McDonald's and Burger Kings there are in downtown Rotterdam. Way more than you would find downtown in any American city. The Dutch have already gotten taller than us, now it seems they're trying to catch up in girth, as well.

In Amsterdam everything is more expensive than in the US except for drugs and whores. I found it obnoxious having to pay to use the restroom at the McDonald's and also having to pay for each individual ketchup. (and mayonnaise, as if the fries weren't unhealthy enough by themselves)

A value meal at a Burger King in Seoul is going to cost you about 50% more than it would in the USA after you do the exchange rate. McDonald's is more expensive, too, but not by quite as much.

I found the menus at the couple fast food places I went to in Tokyo to be confusing. Other than that most of them are pretty much uniform and familiar.

Is it true they serve beer at some German McDonald's and wine at some French ones? (if so, do they serve vodka at the McDonald's in Russia?)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Korean McDonald's have bulgogi burgers, shrimp burgers, and "shanghai spice" chicken wraps, among other things. They're not all exactly the same.

True, there are a few regional variations. They did a nice black bread burger bun in Helsinki. They have different McFlurry toppings in various places, I rather like the Oreo one! There were others but I can't recall them offhand.

My friend Daniel traveled to Bangkok when we were both very young and reported that though they had McDonald's there, the hamburgers were mushy and disgusting and not at all similar. That was 20 years ago, though. They may have increased global uniformity since then. I don't think I bothered visiting any fast food places the last time I was in Thailand.

I recall eating McD in Thailand, I'd just flown in from Cambodia having got over a combined case of sunstroke and Giardosis - one the very few times I ever got sick travelling. I chose McD because I could be sure it would be bland but harmless. This was in the early 90s. It tasted good, largely I imagine because I'd hardly eaten in a week!

In the Philippines I was amazed to see the difference in portion size. A large fry looked like what would pass for a "child size" fry in the USA. I'm not saying that USA ginormous-sized portions is necessarily a good thing. We tend to eat too much at every meal in general. and every 2 french fries have as much fat as an entire potato.

I recall having some very tasty egg burger things in Macau. I used to walk from my guest house to get them, they were really quite yummy. I've not been to the Phillipines.

In Europe I noticed how they often tried to work the McDonald's into existing architecture so they didn't appear so ugly. In France and Poland and Holland I saw many fast food restaurants with charming exteriors. Same banal interiors, though.

Yes, a lot of city councils insist they 'blend in' as much as possible, especially if they are in a 'historic' or character part of the city. The interiors are as you say, all but indistinguishable!

In Amsterdam everything is more expensive than in the US except for drugs and whores. I found it obnoxious having to pay to use the restroom at the McDonald's and also having to pay for each individual ketchup. (and mayonnaise, as if the fries weren't unhealthy enough by themselves)

A few countries charge per ketchup sachet, last time I paid was in Bratislava. I don't recall ever paying to use the loo tho!

Is it true they serve beer at some German McDonald's and wine at some French ones? (if so, do they serve vodka at the McDonald's in Russia?)

I've had beer at McD in Finland and seen beer and wine on the menus in France. Last time I had McD in Germany I was underage so didn't notice but I'd expect that beer would be on the menu. I'm sure Alex will enlighten us.

The cheapest McD I can recall was in Hong Kong, there could be cheaper ones, Macau was cheap as I recall. The most expensive was in Reykjavik - I can't recall the exact cost but I seem to recall getting very little change out of the equivalent of £10 for a Mac and a Flurry. The most unusual one was on Tahiti.

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I cant believe no one has mentioned Del Taco yet!!! I lived near a couple Del Tacos for a while, and ate there almost every night I went out and got drunk. They are open late, and cheap, so they sound good at the time. Like an Alzeihmers patient, I would forget how nasty it was because I was drunk, and return again thinking it would be great again. Only when I decided to eat there sober did I realize how bad it was.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Checkers has good food, I don't know if they are national or not.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Eating at McDonald's when you're overseas is very much like putting katsup on kobe steak. Thank you.

Apparently the food quality "control" at McVermin's was such that they had for years put beef oil on the french fries in India.

Makes you wonder how much they really care about people vrs. profit.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Worst here is Mc D.
Best is Happy Noodles.
You order and they cook them in front of you.
They use fresh veges and meat & seafood.
Their garlic prawn noodles are to die for and they take minutes to cook and they a very reasonable in price.
Their beef and blackbean noodles are pretty special as well.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NineInchCock_160IQ, They call them EBI burgers in Japan.." It was GROSS!!!:eek: I wanted to try it and I WISH I did NOT.." It was shrimp inside some kind of breading crap....." Not that much shrimp either!!!!:mad: SMALL ebi!!