Worst Fast Food Places

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
BAD: McDonalds ... hadn't been for years but a few months ago I needed to use a washroom so silly polite me thinks I should actually order something first - so there's a pic of a coffee and an egg mcmuffin for $1.79 - so I say I'll have that then they want to charge an extra dollar just for the fucking egg so fuck that I buy an eggless mcmuffin then hang around for half an hour for the washroom to stop being occupied by someone who is probably shooting up before I give up and go pee in the snow ... I prefer those european pay-per-use washrooms ...

VERY BAD: Taco Bell ... can you spell diarrhoea ?

EXTREMELY BAD: Here in Quebec instead of KFC we have something called PFK (Poulet Frit Kentucky) which is basically the same except maybe worse and ruder ... so I'm ravenous one day and after trying to decipher their cryptic menu order something that looks like chicken sticks in batter for $8 but when they arrive are smaller than a dollar bill in size ... anyway long story short .... food poisoning ... wretching ... vomiting ... tasted like the chicken was actually (de)thawed pterodactyl coated in a batter of deep-fried newspaper...

BEST: Europe doesn't really have this unfortunate genre but close enough are Scottish/English Fish 'n Chips wrapped in newspaper (they don't expect you to eat the newspaper); Scottish/English toasted sarmies (especially cheese 'n chutney); and Dutch/Belgian big fat fries with mayonnaise

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Shit, I used to love eating a sack of Krystals (we called 'em gut grenades :tongue:) after shutting down the bars drinking cheap keg beer.

They would definitely make a turd and were real easy on the wallet.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awesome thread.

- I hate most fast food places and franchises in general, except I agree with Jason that it is possible to get a really good Big Mac sometimes. It has to be made fresh, the roll has to be fresh, and it must have a bit too much secret sauce on it.

- Chicago vs NY Pizza: Mem101, you won't win that battle. There is a huge cultural divide between NY and Chicago pizza. Midwesterners here are true believers in Chicago style. Whereas, I grew up in New England, on the coast of Connecticut, where NY style pizza is made to perfection in pizza shops owned by Greeks.

- Pizza Hut is gross. Papa Johns is passable here in the midwest.

- Best subs outside of Grinders (local speciality made in every pizza shop and convenient store) in southern New England: Quiznos.

- Why are there no Japanese fast food noodle shops in the USA? I would think that would be popular?

- Paraffin on the fries? WTF?

- Why does all Scottish food seem based on a dare?

-

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Taco Bell and KFC are the two worst of the big chains. Swiss Chalet (roast chicken based franchise in Canada, not sure if it's anywhere else) has induced vomiting a couple of times.

There's a place called Manchu Wok in the food court under the office tower I work in. Three times I have bought food there and been nauseous afterwards, and two times I have forgotten about the nausea and gone back.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...There's a place called Manchu Wok in the food court under the office tower I work in. Three times I have bought food there and been nauseous afterwards, and two times I have forgotten about the nausea and gone back.

Is that the place with the Bourbon Chicken? I love that stuff. I have been trying to duplicate it with no avail.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Why are there no Japanese fast food noodle shops in the USA? I would think that would be popular?
Not enough fat in the stuff to become addictive.

You can't eat it on the go easily, and you certainly can't eat it with your hands.

Not enough difference from Cup Noodles. (though I have often wondered why there's no Cup Noodle Boutique in Time Square under the Nissin sign.)

Real soba is actually quite labour intensive--and moreso with udon. You need to get the texture just right or it turns into slop and is impossible to eat. You can't really prepare it in advance.

Because of the high labour component, it's difficult to control quality. If you visit Komoro Ramen shops in Japan, you'll see that some are great and some are dreadful.

The huge Yoshinoya beef-bowl chain opened in New York. IN Japan, it's no great culinary experience, but in the US it was actively vile.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Is that the place with the Bourbon Chicken? I love that stuff. I have been trying to duplicate it with no avail.

Nah, it's all pseudo-chinese food. Kung Po chicken, ginger beef, short ribs, etc.

Bourbon chicken sounds familiar, but it's not from Manchu Wok. Maybe it was Swiss Chalet, although as I haven't set foot in one of those in several years, I can't speak to what's on their current menu. :tongue: