Worst films you've seen...

D_Tilly_De_Toilet

Experimental Member
Media
There are quite a few films that are extremely popular that I absolutely hate. People have been giving me grief about it for years but I can’t stand Casablanca. It embodies everything I hate about Hollywood, the so-called “Golden Age of cinema”, and the entire film industry in general.

That being said, I’d have to give the award for my least favorite films (at least that have been made in my lifetime) to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I think almost any film can be enjoyable on some level (whether it be something that genuinely impresses you or is “so bad that it’s good”). Very rarely does a film come along that I can’t at least watch to laugh at and make fun of (like Manos, Troll 2, or Laserblast). LOTR, however, fits into that category. I can watch maybe ten minutes before turning it off.

There was also an adaptation of Ulysses made in the late 60s that is just awful. I knew it would be bad but was curious as to how they would translate that material. The result was, of course, failure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062414/

I didn't have any love for the Silmarillion. It's like the Old Testament or God Emperor of Dune. Biblical. I did read it through to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Anyone read Children of Hurin? I'm afraid to.

I agree. I have to say that the audio book is much better and you need to have The Atlas of Middle Earth at hand to understand it well.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets. Prime example of a sequel done like the cinematic equation of a sleeping pill and getting rusty razors jammed in your eyes rolled into one.

B_electromn87

Just Browsing
Media
Bats: The first movie I walked out of. I can't watch another Lou Diamond Phillips movie after this one.
Little Nicky: Adam Sandler and that annoying baby voice.
Date Movie
Freddy Got Fingered
Requiem for a Dream

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The man is brilliant!

How about this:

• Any Steven Segal movie
  • Any Adam Sandler movie
  • Any Val Kilmer movie
  • Any James Woods movie
  • Any Lou Diamond Phillips movie
  • Any Cuba Gooding Jr. movie
  • Any Melanie Griffith movie
  • Any Kevin Kostner movie

I liked Working Girl, an acquaintance of mine won an academy award for that movie.

mynameisnobody

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe Solaris.

A routinely tedious book made into a spectacularly pointless motion picture experience. For some obscure reason it's considered to be some sort of "art" film. What a snoozarama. "In space, no one can hear you snore."