Worst Sex You Have Ever Had

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jonb was referring
to a member's name here, which is "ORIENTAL-LAD".
I do not think that he was meaning to be offensive,
he was only referring to the member by
the member's name.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Jul 12 2004, 02:59 PM
jonb was referring
to a member's name here, which is "ORIENTAL-LAD".
Thanks for mentioning that, txquis -- I should have acknowledged that in my post. I was responding to kenny who called geo "pretty weak".

kenny: it just seems like a pointless thing to get hung up about to me, if no offence is intended, then why bother taking offence? it serves no purpose except to initate tension where there is none. i despise any situation where someone will make race an issue when it wasnt one before. you should save that for people who ARE rascit.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Not to get away from the point, "oriental" is not as bad as "the 'N' word", but still not acceptable to be used to refer to asians. If someone is using "oriental", he is in the same league as other asians who use the term because we were called it for so long. I know of older blacks (real old) who still use the term "colored". I am just saying please be aware it is not a PC term... Okay?

kenny: if someone called me out on saying oriental in real life i would assume its because they hated me and wanted me to feel like shit.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by kenny@Jul 12 2004, 07:44 PM
if someone called me out on saying oriental in real life i would assume its because they hated me and wanted me to feel like shit.
Well, Gould used the word in his book on the history of biological determinism. Basically, the 70s saw sociobiology, the XYY debate, and Arthur Jensen's "black IQ is genetic and can't be raised" argument; Gould basically was reminding people that we've heard biology-as-destiny arguments before.

kenny: i think i missed that entirely :eek:

how many people have to find a term offence before it becomes not a politically correct thing to say? for example, if i decide that i dont like being called european or white, should everyone have to stop using thoese words? and why hasnt there been a reclassification of poltically correct terms for europeans it seems many other races have gone through mulitple names.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
forget this post.
i am still too fascinated about how we got off
on a tangent, by
someone calling someone else by their username.

perhaps if we used numbers,
we wouldnt offend anyone -_-

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:lol:
good one, pecker.

i'm offended by one of my former zipcodes.
i had a lot of bad sex there.
LOL.

kenny: hmm yea sorry about the tangent fellas. numbers are good but whos gonna be No.1?