Worst song ever?

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
just as a request to the replies of this thread:

would you mind, if you're going to include youtube links, to please just list the song in your post as well as the link? i really don't want to get a bunch of bad music stuck in my head....

on that note, i believe the worst song ever is probably the song that never ends.... it only serves to bring back really bad childhood memories of people i truly don't want to waste any time hating.....

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nah...it is this one. Charlene's I've Never Been To Me. One of those WTF moments as song lyrics goes. It's one of those tunes that make you start a drinking game or get contantly hammered, yelling at the neighbor to shut the hell up. It is one of those songs that are so annoying they really never made sense to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrIqsFSjqso

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The lyrics to Teach Your Children are right here. Personally, I find them poetic, but I've always loved the song. When I was a teenager among my circle of oddball friends was someone who sang and played guitar very well: it was one of his favorites.

I would cut and paste them in their entirety, but that would probably violate the ToS.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The lyrics to Teach Your Children are right here. Personally, I find them poetic, but I've always loved the song. When I was a teenager among my circle of oddball friends was someone who sang and played guitar very well: it was one of his favorites.

I would cut and paste them in their entirety, but that would probably violate the ToS.

It's long been one of my favorite songs. And no it's not against the ToS as long as you give the credit to the person who wrote the song in the post.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's long been one of my favorite songs. And no it's not against the ToS as long as you give the credit to the person who wrote the song in the post.

Teach Your Children
Performed by CSNY
Written by Graham Nash

Graham Nash wrote this. The lyrics deal with the often difficult relationship he had with his father, who spent time in prison.

"The idea is that you write something so personal that every single person on the planet can relate to it. Once it's there on vinyl it unfolds, outwards, so that it applies to almost any situation. 'Teach' started out as a slightly funky English Folk song but Stephen (Stills) put a country beat to it and turned it into a hit record."

You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die.

[Counter Melody To Above Verse]
Can you hear and do you care and
Cant you see we must be free to
Teach your children what you believe in.
Make a world that we can live in.

Teach your parents well,
Their children's hell will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
So much bad music, so little web space. Anyway, here is a short list off the top of my head:

1) She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
2) All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
3) Crank That - Souljah Boy
4) Whoomp! There it is - Tag Team
5) Cool Like That - Digable Planets
6) The entire St. Anger album - Metallica (pains me to say!) D;
7) Shiny, Happy People - REM
8) Believe - Cher
9) Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something
10) Umbrella - Rihanna

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You guys wish all this music was that bad! My dad has been in a band his whole life. You don't want to know some of the dreck I have listened to. I will include a link for a gem my friend just sent me. I laughed so hard I almost peed. No matter what your political views are, this song is baaaaaaad. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaQBrTROj2w

ShakeYrDog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
7) Shiny, Happy People - REM
8) Believe - Cher
10) Umbrella - Rihanna

Aww, those don't fit the "worst song ever"!

Shiny, Happy People is one of my least favorite REM song, but wow, all three of these artists have songs that are worst than these!

I laughed so hard I almost peed. No matter what your political views are, this song is baaaaaaad. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaQBrTROj2w

I want to introduce the singer to the concept of "audacity"!

The harmonies are pretty genius, though. It's like a Tom Petty b-side, written by Trey Parker and the South Park guys!

----

My contribution to this thread:

Do you guys know about Brokencyde? Here's one of their gems, "Freaxxx" and...wow. This happened in real life. My favorite part is when he's choking (!?) the girl and she looks simultaneously bored and frightened. Fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruTqtbiLNAU

Also, meet Raed! Here's "She Wants Me Back". He's an Australian rapper that is...um, yeah. Not to mention, this video is...interesting. He's like "Fuck that fence, let me hang out in this hole in the ground." Awesome. Very avant garde. Very authentic. Very talented. Very.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUSpVs4b1Qc