Worst Week Ever . . .

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

What Was Your Worst Week Ever?

I thought mine was the week of May 25th, 2008. In retrospect it was merely inconvenient. :cool:

1) The air conditioner stops working. It's 88 degrees fahrenheit outside and 81 inside if the thermostat is to be believed.

2) Sunday night mom breaks the microwave oven by drying fresh parsley in it. Yes, I know fresh parsley is better in recipes as does she but God forbid she listen to anything I say.

3) Tuesday morning dad walks into the kitchen to find 1/2 inch of water on the floor, which had dripped there from the ceiling.

Turns out if he had called the electrician 2 days before when I said the a/c wasn't working we probably wouldn't have had the leak in the kitchen ceiling.

4) My moms baby sister (76) and my moms great nephew (7) come to visit for 4 days. I love my aunt dearly, but she is now and always has been lazy. She only comes to visit so she won't have to watch my little cousin by herself, when his mother is away on business. My aunt does 4 things when she visits. She eats, sleeps, watches her stories, and plays free cell on my moms computer. For the record thats all she does when she's at her house as well.

Now the apple of my eye, and light of my life is my 7 yr old cousin. IMO He is the sweetest child ever to walk the face of God's green earth. Except for one little tiny thing. :biggrin1: He seems to be growing into a hyperactive child; and he was diagnosed with Asperger's like 18 months ago. His mother is one of those Christian's that thinks she can pray it away, :rolleyes: and so has not taken advantage of the vast multitude of services available to them in the local public school system.

My mom and I are educators so when he's with us we try and work with him on his motor and social skills. He actually communicates with adults easily. It's children his own age he is out of sorts with. :redface: His mom works from home which is why she sent him to us for 4 days. Fortunately, she remembered to send toys and not just his KUMON homework this time. I think I hate Kumon homework more than he does :tongue:

When a lot of you asked where I was 2 weeks ago. I spent 4 days entertaining a good natured, mildly hyperactive 7 yr. old boy and playing step and fetch it for my favorite aunt.

All in all, it wasn't anywhere near my worst week ever. As I said in the beginning it was really just a series of inconveniences. :redface:

What Was Your Worst Week Ever?

2. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    My first week of National Service. No wanking for a week and my whole body aches like hell from all those Physical Exercise and marching.

3. chiefone4u

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Thats a tough one... could have been the week of September 18th 2004... the actual day 9/18/2004 was the day I fell off a truck (big rig), and destroyed my right knee... or it could have been the week of December 31st, 2005 when my ACL re-ruptured requiring yet another round of surgery's... and another year off work.

I think I'll let you guys form your own opinion as to which would have been the worst week. (F.Y.I. finally the knee is working again, and I am able to return to work 3.5 years after the initial injury)

4. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    The weeks my grandfathers passed away and the week of 9/11, where on top of everything else, I lost a friend in the tragedy are easily the worst weeks ever. Nothing even comes close.

5. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    1. the week that my father died on christmas day

2. the week that my grandfather died of pancreatic cancer.

3. the week i got arrested for...........

4. the week that kansas beat memphis in the national championship game

6. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    worst week ever? hmm, I've had quite a few of them, so I'll tell you the most recent one.

It was last August, the hottest weather recorded in history in my parts, and we were in the middle of the worst drought in our history. Well, I got invited by a friend to go to Panama City Beach, Fl totally free of charge. Well we were due to leave on a Thursday, so I was excited as it would have been my first vaction in I have no clue how many years. Well, Dad had to go to U of Al B'ham for an arteriogram. Well his appointment was on thursday, but I had thought maybe I could meet up with my friend in B'ham later that thursday.

Dad goes in for arteriogram, and is in there for longer than usual (even if they had done an angioplasty and put in new stints). So I am sitting all alone in the waiting room (well was making numerous trips to the parking deck to smoke) for 4 or 5 hours, when finally a nurse comes out. I ask her how things went and she said not too good. I asked her if he (dr.) had to put some stints in, and she said no. That he had 3 arteries in his heart 99% blocked off and it looked like he had had several mini heart attacks since he last was down. My heart hit the floor. I asked the nurse what the next step was, and she said he was going to be prepped for surgery first thing the next morning. I asked her what type of surgery and she said he was going to have to have double heart bypass; said the surgeon would be by this evening to go over everything with me.

So, Dad gets admitted to the hospital, and I get my brother on the phone and tell him to get his ass down here immediately and explained to him the situation (Bro's in Memphis and at work). So in the mean time, I get Dad settled in the hospital, and the chief cardiac surgeon came in and told us that he couldn't perform the surgery on Dad, as the dr. who did the arteriogram had given him a massive does of plavix, and he would bleed way too much if they opened him up, so he was to stay in the hospital over the weekend. Well that just fucks up my trip to Fl, and now Dad's going to have to have major surgery.

Well that sums up that week. The week of the surgery and the 7 weeks after were sheer hell. I was the one in charge of everything, so all of the responsibility feel on my head. Well my mother had just gotten home after a year and a half stint in the hospital for 4 hip replacements (which all went bad, she now no longer has hips and is confined to a wheelchair), and a horrible bout with MRSA II staph infection that pushed her to the brink of death too many times to count. She was going insane (which she already had papers stating that she is legally insane), and when totally psychotic and tried to take control over the situation from me, which lead to fights and what not. She started calling and harrassing me and Dad. A day after getting in the step down unit, she called him and upset him so bad he was crying.....my brother abandoned me and left his rehab up to me.

He makes it out of the hospital, but has to move in with me and my 90 year old grandmother that I take care of and live with. So I've got them both to worry about, and then mother takes to falling. Well she lives 30 minutes away is (at this time) 100% bed ridden, and can't do anything for herself. So now, I have my dad to take care of, my grandmother to take care of, and my mother to take care of. Well I get Dad up and back into shape where he can walk a block or so, and can for the most part take care of himself, though I still have to clean and bandage his wounds and help him bathe. Then my grandmother decides to have a bad fall. She falls in the kitchen, blackens both of her eyes, and breaks her nose. So now, I'm stuck in sheer hell, taking care of my invilid psychotic mother, my still slowly recovering from open heart surgery, and now my grandmother with bruised and broken everything.

hehe, oops, I forgot we were only talking about our worst week ever....So I guess I'll say that those were the worst 7 weeks ever lol.

BTW, Dad is doing as well as possible, Mother is not as independant as she will ever be, and I'm still with grandmother, whose mental and physical health is rapidly declining. I still alive and kicking so I guess I'm doing ok myself.

7. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:

In a 7 day time frame I was 28 weeks pregnant and put on bedrest because I was having contractions and starting to dilate.

The next day, my father passed away.

After the visitation my (maternal) grandpa collapsed and had to be carried into the house. I told him among others that he should go to the hospital we thought he was having some mini strokes, well he didn't go for 4 more hours. By then it had turned into a massive stroke and lost all use of his right side. During the two days before he was stable enough to transfer nearer to their home he coded twice!

We were suppose to move that Sat. We were going from a smaller unit to a bigger one and he was taking our small one. Asshole, didn't even come home that weekend and the landlord couldnt get a hold of him either. We had several people scheduled to help us move.
    His excuse was his mom's friend was in the ICU, all he would have had to have done is call or leave us some kind of message. We had people waiting around. I was extremely pissed off at this point and I gave him a real tongue lashing the next week when the move finally happened.

So the following weekend, we were trying to move ourselves....we finally got some help from my cousins, mind you I wasn't suppose to be packing and lifting at all!

We get over to the apt, idiot didn't clean anything for us, it was a disgusting mess. A little of kittens was running around the house, cat shit on the floor. I ended up spending hours cleaning as other people moved stuff in. I carried probably 15 trips worth of stuff before we finally had help.

8. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I had amoebic dysentery for a week, once...

It was the only time in my life I actually started thinking that death would not be such a bad thing...

9. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hmmm, I've had a few. I'll keep it to the top 3 - in no particular order:

There was the week in intensive not long after giving birth where I was in excrutiating pain for most of it, the pain meds dulled it and made me high but not enough (of either).

There was the week my grandmother died - the worse bit was having to tell my dad over the phone his mother had died, broke my fucking heart.

There was the week I finally decided to leave my husband - I suppose the worst bit of that was taking the loaded shotgun off him (he said it was for him not me, I didn't believe it was either but the very fact he was prepared to load it and disengage the safety was what made up my mind).

10. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Well a bad week which turned into a bad few years...

Is when I was "attacked" when I was 15 and this guy said he was going to kill me and I believed him. He beat me with some sort of blunt instrument which I thought was a chair leg, but could have been a miniature baseball bat. Then he had me held over this wall which was a 50ft sheer drop. That dented my confidence, as well as my skull. :redface:

Even moreso when it turned out that the guy knew my history teacher, who was my favourite teacher at the time. It was disheartening to be asked by someone I looked up to - almost as a father figure - not to press charges etc.

I've had family members and friends of the family die but I accept death and to be honest am a little indifferent about it. But that night I was really terrified.

11. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I'm sure I've had quite a few over the years but last week was one of the worst.

I was getting ready to go camping and could hear my dog whining under my camper. (When I let her out in the morning she gets under it for shade after she does her business, until I call her in.)

Anyway, she came out from underneath and looked like the had been in a creek. Wet, hair matted and bloody! She had been attacked by something and was almost in shock. We got wet towels and tried to cool her down and rushed her to the vet. She had over 42 punctures and I believe had I not gone out and found her when I did, she would have died.

She is still at the vet's office and I will check on her condition today (Monday). Hopefully she will pull through. I lost my other dog last November and I'm not ready to give this one up yet!

12. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^oh my goodness dirtyv i'm so sorry to hear that. fortunately i live in a rural area and when billie escapes she stays in the complex and is content running circles around the building unlike my pekingese that would go on cross-country journeys when she got loose. billie's biggest thread is people who drive through apartment complexes at 50 mph. i couldn't imagine that happening to my dog, hope yours gets better. *offers hug*

#12 marleyisalegend, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  13. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Gee, and here I thought I had the market cornered for worst week last yr.
    http://www.lpsg.org/49538-monday-all-week-long.html

14. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

My worst week was probably when I had walking Pneumonia. I was so sick that I drove myself to the hospital. I needed intravenous fluids because I was so dehydrated. From what I understand the only reason they call it "walking" is because you do not have to be hospitalized. I tolerate pain and illness well and this really knocked me out. I was in bed the whole time and I would sometimes hold my pee so that I would not have to get up. I also felt so sick that I could not watch TV.

15. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

God Bless you, sounds like worst life ever.

16. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

My worst week was the week beginning the 8th December 1998. It was the first week my Dad had been away having been posted to the Falkland Islands for six months, and within that week our Cat died, my Grandad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and the Christmas tree fell over and set my living room on fire...

It wasn't good.

Recently a week to contend with that one was the week beginning the 25th February 2008. In that week we found out our next-door neighbour had been killed in Iraq leaving a wife and two children and my mother fell down the stairs at work and smashed all the bones in both her arms. She has yet to make any progress and is now looking at extensive oporations. :frown1:

17. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

I thought about this for about 30 seconds and realised that maybe thinking all the bad things that have happened in my life is maybe not going to make it a fun day...

18. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Last year in June, actually it was the worst month. The first day of my finals I heard that my parents are getting a divorce, three weeks later I got my results from my finals back and they were horrible, got me a bit depressed... But now I'm really happy :p

19. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Sad update. The vet's office called this morning and said Missie had taken a turn for the worse over the weekend. Among the 42 wounds, the one near her rear end wasn't healing and it would be best to have her taken down.

I drove down and signed the papers after saying goodbye to her for the last time. She did look much worse than when I saw her Friday.

We're having her cremated and will put her ashes along side of Rambo (the male dog we had to say so long to back in November.) The little container we selected for him is large enough to hold both pouches of remains.

Needless to say, I am heart-broken.

20. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Sorry to hear about that. If I had a dog that had to be put down I would make sure it had one last incredible meal with doggie ice cream for dessert.

Draft saved Draft deleted