Worth a hyuck

K

kundalinikat

I'd say it merely means he's sold out like the rest of the baby boomers. Ba-dum psshk!

Seriously why are we talking about Ayers? Because it means we're not talking about the United States in 2008, that state which currently exists, and we keep talking about the nostalgic one of the sixties and the seventies. (I mean that pecular side of the sixties and seventies which is the correct one, and not that nasty uncorrect one, or was it the first one.) And I for one am tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired of the sixtes and seventies. Did we have such this scale of an ecological crisis in the sixties? Were our dependencies on easy credit, and gasoline, and technology, this pronounced? Can we finally drop the fiction that a significant portion of the Other Party In The Room wants to kill the country?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kundalinikat

SpeedoGuy have you heard this joke... Anarchism to the poor is like libertarianism to the rich.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When Fox News showed up at Bill Ayers' house to try and question him, the communist who's bombed the NYC police headquarters replied "This is my property" and threatened to call the police.

At least he was trying to be civil. He could have pulled out a gun and shot...
Not trying to defend Ayers, but I personally wouldn't want Faux News paying me a visit either.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
most were not even around in the sixties and seventies and are talking out their asses, so unless you lived it stfu.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow. He called the police. Sure sounds like a daaaaaaangerous terrorist to me. I'm quaking in my fuzzy slippers.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wow. He called the police. Sure sounds like a daaaaaaangerous terrorist to me. I'm quaking in my fuzzy slippers.

Billy-Boy the fruitcake extraordinaire would not be the first heinous criminal to return to the heinous criminal activities he blatantly enjoyed before allegedly being rehabilitated.

What’s gonna set that nut-job off next time, an innocent at McDonalds forgetting to put a toy in his Happy Meal like the innocents he attacked in the past?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What’s gonna set that nut-job off next time, an innocent at McDonalds forgetting to put a toy in his Happy Meal like the innocents he attacked in the past?

We may never know what'll set him off. We sure know what sets you off.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BTW........Ayers also went on record saying that he "BARELY" knows Pres-elect Obama and that "politics" is NOT his thing.........so much for the "dangerous association" that Governor Palin tried to warn the voters about. Can you say, "Much ado about nothing"?

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
When Fox News showed up at Bill Ayers' house to try and question him, the communist who's bombed the NYC police headquarters replied "This is my property" and threatened to call the police.

Billy-Boy the fruitcake extraordinaire would not be the first heinous criminal to return to the heinous criminal activities he blatantly enjoyed before allegedly being rehabilitated.

Him telling the press to leave his property doesn't make him a nut-job. You're very good at creating fictitious works of speculation and conjecture 1BiGG1. Fox News should hire you.:biggrin1:

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For the record, I'm not reading into this anymore than the humorous irony.

Yeah, I wouldn't want Fox visiting my house. No, it doesn't make him sound like a dangerous terrorist. Just amusing, nothing more. Hence the thread title

"most were not even around in the sixties and seventies and are talking out their asses, so unless you lived it stfu.

:rolleyes: How many people don't understand what's going on today? Judging by the wealth of polarized opinions, nobody does. And they won't understand it 30 years from now. I've lived through a lot of things I don't know shit about. And sat down to learn about a lot of things I never experienced firsthand. I guess you're essentially saying the study of history or any attempt to learn about a phenomenon secondarily is essentially bunk. I think humanity tends to disagree with you.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I will defend Bill Ayers.

The man is a man of social conscience.

He grew up in a world teetering on the brink of nuclear war... for no reason at all...
He grew up in a country that had recently been taken over by the military industrial complex... a vast network of defense contractors who HEAVILY influenced the escalation of armaments and who drove the US inexorably into foreign wars that had NO purpose, and NO definable goal that could be called victory.... ( sound familiar ) for no other reason than to support manufacture of, and profiteering on, weapons.

HE grew up in a nation where Black men were lynched in the streets and governors called out the national guard to DENY black people the right to vote and access to schooling.

He grew up in a nation that had the CIA backing leftist guerillas in Chile, the FBI spying on its people, and where any person who seemed to offer a glimmer of hope was gunned down in the street.

A nation where the Police Assassinated black community leaders.
Where the National Guard SHOT college students for protesting a pointless and futile war.

He saw a president who kept an "enemies list" and funded burglary, and vandalism against his political enemies. ( and that Criminal FUCK Liddy, is treated by the right as some kind of american hero... He was a BAG MAN- nothing more)

He grew up in a nation where the rich were violently keeping the poor down and powerless...
He saw King shot down, Bobby Kennedy shot down, Fred Hampton shot down...
He saw the powers that be in this nation using VIOLENCE to suppress dissent.

Is it any wonder that he came to feel, as MANY Americans of that era felt, that it was time for a second American revolution?

He was not the only one protesting, not the only one trying to stop the war, stop the killing. He was not the only person in America who had HAD IT UP TO HERE with the government.
(BTW- Reagan tapped into this same zeitgeist of disillusion with government to SELL the American people on the stupid idea that Government IS the problem... and start us down this road of republicans dismantling the govenrment's power to be effective... Yes, folks... Reagan style government hating rhetoric is how you win over FORMER hippies, who have cut their hair and started to make real money...)

The Weather Underground was an idealistic group of KIDS... young, inexperienced and romantic ideologues who decided that they would repsiond to governmental excess and violence with violence and excess...

They only people the weather undergorund ever killed were their own members in an accident...
In 25 successfully carried out bombings... they damaged property only and never killed a single innocent human being.

Can George Bush say the same about his violent militarism?

The right condemns Ayers for being true to his beliefs... and NOT killing anyone... while the Republican government is MURDERING hundreds of thousands of innocents... dropping bombs on schoolhouses and homes....

Blowing babies limb from limb....

Tell me.... OF the two mad bombers..., Bush, or Ayers... which one does the rest of the world see as the bigger terrorist?

Ayers went on to eventually see the hypocrisy in his own actions and take steps to find a more pro-active way to better his community and his nation.

He became a respected educator, and community activist... and has, his whole life, agitated for the rights and opportunities for the poorest members of our society.

He is not a domestic terrorist. He was part of the revolution sung about by Bod Dylan.

I would rather have dinner with him than with George Bush any day.

And for those too young to remember what a horror vietnam was... too young to remember why HALF the nation was fed up and angry and marching in the streets to demand their government CHANGE...

...If you weren't there, didn't live thru it... if YOUR draft card wasn't in the lottery and YOUR ass, your brother's ass... your Father's ass on the line...

IF you don't KNOW people crippled and maimed by that war, don't remember someone you lost to that war.

If you didn't SEE teenagers getting their heads clubbed in Chicago... didn't see the blood stained mattress where Fred Hampton was shot by the police in his sleep...

If you don't remember the shock, and despair and fear that rushed thru you when you first heard King had been assassinated....

...then shut the fuck up...
you aren't qualified to judge Bill Ayers.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Him telling the press to leave his property doesn't make him a nut-job. You're very good at creating fictitious works of speculation and conjecture 1BiGG1. Fox News should hire you.:biggrin1:

Never said it did, you are just reading things into the issue that do not belong to fulfill your agenda, not mine.

Now I would consider a nut-job to be a known terrorist that bombed innocents and prides himself with saying he wished he did a lot more of it but for some reason I have a feeling you will spin this into some kind of terrorist-apologist material sanctifying that sicko anyway.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Now I would consider a nut-job to be a known terrorist that bombed innocents...

*Hypocrisy Alert*:post:

In that case Bill Ayers would not be a nut-job as he didn't hurt or kill anyone. Nor was he convicted of any crime.
But using your definition of a terrorist nut-job I can stick that label on the following people for bombing and killing innocents:Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon,Lyndon Johnson,JFK,Harry Truman, FDR and George W. Bush.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
*Hypocrisy Alert*:post:

In that case Bill Ayers would not be a nut-job as he didn't hurt or kill anyone. Nor was he convicted of any crime.
But using your definition of a terrorist nut-job I can stick that label on the following people for bombing and killing innocents:Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon,Lyndon Johnson,JFK,Harry Truman, FDR and George W. Bush.

I gotta admit those lunatics were better at killing themselves then anybody else and if you wanna stick labels on American Presidents under the same guise, don’t forget Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Obama in that group.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...then shut the fuck up...
you aren't qualified to judge Bill Ayers.

Once again Phil, you are calling bullshit on the study of history with those claims, but regardless, I wasn't judging any more than a comic would. I assume you know what primary sources are. They're the most valuable to a historian, but the historian seeks to study and comment on them, even though he was never there. He even uses others' watered down assessments. He should shut the fuck up. I know there's much more to history that differentiates it from your everyday joe, including qualification and methodology, but I'm basing this on your words alone. Regardless, I wasn't even trying to make a serious comment on history here.

Did I claim being a communist necessarily made one an idiot or bombing a police headquarters could never be justified? No; I believe both can be duly explained. Is it slightly amusing to hear the man threaten others using a claim to property and the prospect of the police? Yes.

Maybe I shouldn't have put this in the politics section. Or tried to post a humorous thread with a political bent in the first place. Obviously the intrnet and politics are srs bizniss. Or I'm hopelessly biased :rolleyes: