Worth It?

This. I am quasi pre-emptively mourning Backnforth, as she put in for her account to be deleted.

If things do not change, while it was nice that my ban was overturned, I may follow her foot steps. I'm sure some will be overjoyed if the majority/all of the women on here left, that don't play up their cam/work personas and feed egos nonstop.

Hopefully I don't sound too effusive and fawning but it's my opinion:

I hope that you stay! I always appreciate more women on this site. Not everyone wants to have their ego stroked and see women adhere to some two-dimensional caricature idealized by morons.

I like honesty; it's refreshing. I'd rather hear the unalloyed, unburnished truth about issues and opinions than empty flattery and capitulation anyway.

Some of us dudes don't just ogle the pics of women on here! Some like the banter and wisdom offered on here by the ladies.

Hopefully I don't sound too effusive and fawning but it's my opinion:

I hope that you stay! I always appreciate more women on this site. Not everyone wants to have their ego stroked and see women adhere to some two-dimensional caricature idealized by morons.

I like honesty; it's refreshing. I'd rather hear the unalloyed, unburnished truth about issues and opinions than empty flattery and capitulation anyway.

Some of us dudes don't just ogle the pics of women on here! Some like the banter and wisdom offered on here by the ladies.

I know there are folks who appreciate people for being themselves, having opinions, personality, etc. Men and women and non-binary alike.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I really hope @BacknForth doesn't leave. Or any of the other Women's Issues regulars for that matter. I know there are a ton of assholes out there, but I hate to see them successfully drive any of the wonderful people away.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really hope @BacknForth doesn't leave. Or any of the other Women's Issues regulars for that matter. I know there are a ton of assholes out there, but I hate to see them successfully drive any of the wonderful people away.
Co-signed. Thanks Mule!

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Disagree...sure.

Hurt, harm, or silence over differing opinions, never.

Absolutely! I hope they don't let a few pricks drive them off. I second that notion.

Reactions: Nexolaris
Media

Hear that, Fade?

We don't want you to leave!❤❤❤

I haven't been on LPSG that looking but I've had fun chatting on here with you.

Reactions: Nexolaris

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@Fade, you know I don't think the place is the same without you. But I understand.

If enough of the women go, I'll probably go too. Maybe. I dunno. I certainly won't have as much reason to be around. Most of my interaction and interest here is the like-minded women. There are lots of really cool men here too, but the truth is, in the real world, I have a pretty easy time meeting and connecting with nice, interesting men. Women? Not so much. It's hard to find women I really want to talk with. This week, I'm aware of a few women who are possibly on their way out. I hope they all stay. I get it if they don't. Just these few departures probably won't make me leave, but if the circle gets much smaller? I don't know what I'd be doing here.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Honestly, if enough of the women left, I'd flat out leave, too. Why even bother.

This place is about the PEOPLE for me, the individual folks who are awesome AF.

Not about the dreck

Or the sperm omelets
Personally I feel this might be the future....backandforth was one of the people I chatted with a lot....

There is another person on here....that I chat with daily....i mainly come here to check her messages....I have that persons email .....now so if a few more of you leave.....(enid ,fade, AE tho and my army pal 6 inch).....not much to come for

I'm not real welcome on most of the site...
but any woman who ups a quits....I think I get it.....a good illustration.....in ask a woman forum....."is this you favorite site"

About 6 people answer a question that's been asked 30 times already......(a real testimony to patience at this point).....

then op basically calls them all liars......lpsg treatment of women in a nutshell

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stopped contributing to discussions around ten years ago because of how insistent and persistent the wank bait was, how repetitive the topics were (we've seen the thread about women saying they screw people, not penis sizes like eight times), and how downright vile some of the frequent posters were. There's a toxic dynamic between a number of subgroups on the forum, and the result is a consistently acrimonious tone in discussion.

There's a handful of good threads - the 10k challenge thread by TinyPrincess, for instance. There's a handful of good people, too. But not to consistently engage with in the forum setting - and I imagine this is even more pronounced in the women's forums. The people I used to speak with consistently brought our communications off-site. I've met a few amazing people off this forum - most shared the broad-strokes opinion laid out above. But it wasn't just the general sentiment that drove people off. There was outright harassment and hostility. My ex shared the messages she used to receive here and it was shocking.

I stopped contributing to discussions around ten years ago because of how insistent and persistent the wank bait was, how repetitive the topics were (we've seen the thread about women saying they screw people, not penis sizes like eight times), and how downright vile some of the frequent posters were. There's a toxic dynamic between a number of subgroups on the forum, and the result is a consistently acrimonious tone in discussion.

There's a handful of good threads - the 10k challenge thread by TinyPrincess, for instance. There's a handful of good people, too. But not to consistently engage with in the forum setting - and I imagine this is even more pronounced in the women's forums. The people I used to speak with consistently brought our communications off-site. I've met a few amazing people off this forum - most shared the broad-strokes opinion laid out above. But it wasn't just the general sentiment that drove people off. There was outright harassment and hostility. My ex shared the messages she used to receive here and it was shocking.

I find that if a discussion is turning nasty out there's a lot of tension in it, I simply withdraw. Some threads I avoid for obvious reasons, like the competitive show off threads, and the political ones.

Occasionally there are a few that are entertaining to watch as a spectator (preferably worth popcorn), like the Wallyj ones. That guy is either a troll or needs some serious meds.