Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
lol thanks for making my point :cool:

There were several other posts about your behavior.

The fact that you focus on the one that you say "proves your point" is nothing more than evidence that you aren't capable of admitting that you may be wrong.

I don't want you to fuck off, but it would be nice to see you own up to what actually happened. It was not just a disagreement. You did exactly what other members with issues about women do. You dismissed our contributions to the conversation, and insulted several of us.

Deny it all you want. It's not untrue.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Worth it? Sometimes I've wondered if it is. Especially over the past two weeks, when my PC needed repair and caused me to take time off from here. I tried using my phone, but ugh, just not the same. And now I realize that taking time away from here was very healthy for me. A time for self-reflection, if you will.

During my time away, I realized the real reason I'm here: to enjoy myself. An escape from the *real world*. Which right now, IMO, I need more than ever. I don't want to deal with that same type of negativity/ugliness here. That doesn't mean that I won't continue to speak up when I feel it's appropriate. I'm just going to work harder avoiding all the trolling and negative nellies that like to provoke and incite. I guess what I'm saying is I'm going to try and be much more mindful of my participation here.

I realized I enjoy this site. Most of the time anyway. I enjoy the banter/convo with other sex-positive folks of all gender/sexual persuasions. About a plethora of subjects. Not to mention the PMs I've enjoyed with several posters here. Getting to see things from differing perspectives; realizing how ignorant I am about so much.

I've learned a lot about that which I did not know. About a wide variety of subjects/issues. I love to learn and many a time I've been off elsewhere to read up and learn about that which I was clueless. I've been given some great suggestions for books to read; great books I'd most likely not found on my own. That's a huge positive right there!

As a result, I've learned a lot about myself. I've seen my preconceived notions fall by the wayside by being privy to some great convo and discussions.

I've also learned to own my shit, warts and all. I've been called out many a time, and upon honest self-reflection, realized I should have been. And then made the necessary apologies or further explanation. I know what I was thinking when I typed what I wrote, but realize now that sometimes the words I chose were not conveying the message or point I was trying to get across.

It can be humbling to realize that nope, I don't know as much as I think I do. I've learned it can be liberating to admit my shortcomings. And again, learn. Or at times, agree to disagree...without rancor or name calling. Because I know that when I've stooped to that level, it means my argument/position is flimsy at best. And I come away feeling not so good about myself. Which is counter to why I'm really here.

So, @Tight_N_Juicy, yeah. All-in-all, I decided that yes, my participation at LPSG is worth it. And that that's really what ultimately matters. That it is up to ME, no one else, as to what I get from my participation here.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Worth it? Sometimes I've wondered if it is. Especially over the past two weeks, when my PC needed repair and caused me to take time off from here. I tried using my phone, but ugh, just not the same. And now I realize that taking time away from here was very healthy for me. A time for self-reflection, if you will.

During my time away, I realized the real reason I'm here: to enjoy myself. An escape from the *real world*. Which right now, IMO, I need more than ever. I don't want to deal with that same type of negativity/ugliness here. That doesn't mean that I won't continue to speak up when I feel it's appropriate. I'm just going to work harder avoiding all the trolling and negative nellies that like to provoke and incite. I guess what I'm saying is I'm going to try and be much more mindful of my participation here.

I realized I enjoy this site. Most of the time anyway. I enjoy the banter/convo with other sex-positive folks of all gender/sexual persuasions. About a plethora of subjects. Not to mention the PMs I've enjoyed with several posters here. Getting to see things from differing perspectives; realizing how ignorant I am about so much.

I've learned a lot about that which I did not know. About a wide variety of subjects/issues. I love to learn and many a time I've been off elsewhere to read up and learn about that which I was clueless. I've been given some great suggestions for books to read; great books I'd most likely not found on my own. That's a huge positive right there!

As a result, I've learned a lot about myself. I've seen my preconceived notions fall by the wayside by being privy to some great convo and discussions.

I've also learned to own my shit, warts and all. I've been called out many a time, and upon honest self-reflection, realized I should have been. And then made the necessary apologies or further explanation. I know what I was thinking when I typed what I wrote, but realize now that sometimes the words I chose were not conveying the message or point I was trying to get across.

It can be humbling to realize that nope, I don't know as much as I think I do. I've learned it can be liberating to admit my shortcomings. And again, learn. Or at times, agree to disagree...without rancor or name calling. Because I know that when I've stooped to that level, it means my argument/position is flimsy at best. And I come away feeling not so good about myself. Which is counter to why I'm really here.

So, @Tight_N_Juicy, yeah. All-in-all, I decided that yes, my participation at LPSG is worth it. And that that's really what ultimately matters. That it is up to ME, no one else, as to what I get from my participation here.
Use ignore more! I must have told you. If someone doesn’t bring you joy? Ignore. Life improves immediately! :joy:

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Use ignore more! I must have told you. If someone doesn’t bring you joy? Ignore. Life improves immediately! :joy:

You and so many others have offered that sage advice. More times than I care to admit.

However, I'm not one to use ignore; but my scroll wheel is getting quite the workout since I got my PC back!

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mister B just think about this I've been accessing LPS G4 years via my smartphone since I don't have a computer

And I salute and commend those of you who do. I, on the other hand, am not as technically savvy. Hell, I just upgraded from a Motorola flip phone to my current I-phone only a year ago. But that doesn't mean I didn't try and use my phone while my PC was down for the count. I just sucked at it.

I realized I don't type well with my fat fingers like I can on a real keyboard. And I didn't like how I couldn't see as much of the site on my phone as I can on my PC. I struggled to navigate the site. So I said fuck it. I'll just wait for my PC.

Mad props to you and how well you navigate with your phone. My Hubby is the same way. He's not had a computer for 2-3 years now, and doesn't miss it.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Are you talking about Women's Issues or LPSG in general?

Once in a while I have a definitely valuable/positive interaction with people at LPSG and sometimes they change my perspective.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are you talking about Women's Issues or LPSG in general?

Once in a while I have a definitely valuable/positive interaction with people at LPSG and sometimes they change my perspective.
LPSG in general, but in here a lot. Is it worth it?

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I tend to not visit Women’s Issues because I don’t feel like I’d have much to contribute. If I were a woman, I’d be like, “Here’s yet another guy jumping in.”
For a bit I felt the same....but then I realized rest of forum was a big ol sausage convention....and a lot of talk of bottoming....."straight?!" dudes cuddling....douche bags talking about how they drop theirs drawers and every chick swoon....

Now throw in endless threads of circumcision....forever glorifying/vilifying a bit of skin I haven't thought about in years

So not many places for me in forum....I figure I'll hand out here.....at least until I get too many..."here's yet another guy jumping in".....and then I'm probably gonna find new site to fool with

Reactions: 6inchcock

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
It's not untrue.

Uh...that a double negative....you shouldn't use a double negative in a sentence....it's gramatically incorrect

Yes omg.....hahaha...I finally got to correct someone else's grammar for a change.....how do you like that shot

Yes yes yes.....ooh that feels soooo good......for once in the pompous one.....yes

Well the best way to describe this

Uh...that a double negative....you shouldn't use a double negative in a sentence....it's gramatically incorrect

Yes omg.....hahaha...I finally got to correct someone else's grammar for a change.....how do you like that shot

Yes yes yes.....ooh that feels soooo good......for once in the pompous one.....yes

I think it was a use of litotes, not incorrect and not uncommon :)

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Grammar rules change all the time. Shakespeare used double and triple negatives to add emphasis. This was changed to the rule that you shouldn't use a double negative... but much like using only one space after a period, it's now acceptable in many cases. Examples/reasons:

1- Double negatives like this keep the emphasis on the negative.... think "healthier cigarettes" vs. "less unhealthy cigarettes". The former implies the positive, but the latter reinforces the dangers.

2- It can also convey more complicated/less extreme feelings. If I worked with a nice but slackass employee who was terminated, saying "I'm not unhappy that Sue was laid off" is more accurate than "I'm happy Sue got canned" or "I'm ambivalent that Sue got canned".

In this instance, "it's not untrue" conveys what she's saying much better than "it's true".

Most other double negatives like "don't got no" are gonna make you sound like an idiot, though.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Grammar rules change all the time. Shakespeare used double and triple negatives to add emphasis. This was changed to the rule that you shouldn't use a double negative... but much like using only one space after a period, it's now acceptable in many cases. Examples/reasons:

1- Double negatives like this keep the emphasis on the negative.... think "healthier cigarettes" vs. "less unhealthy cigarettes". The former implies the positive, but the latter reinforces the dangers.

2- It can also convey more complicated/less extreme feelings. If I worked with a nice but slackass employee who was terminated, saying "I'm not unhappy that Sue was laid off" is more accurate than "I'm happy Sue got canned" or "I'm ambivalent that Sue got canned".

In this instance, "it's not untrue" conveys what she's saying much better than "it's true".

Most other double negatives like "don't got no" are gonna make you sound like an idiot, though.

I can't deny, I am guilty of using "don't got no" from time to time.

Every time I say it I roll my own eyes at myself. When you hear it growing up all your life it just comes out even if you know how stupid it sounds.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I tend to not visit Women’s Issues because I don’t feel like I’d have much to contribute. If I were a woman, I’d be like, “Here’s yet another guy jumping in.”
This is the one area where men can offer their opinions on women’s issues. Quite a few men have offered some interesting dialogue. Some men turn it into a shit show, but even that can be illuminating, IMO.

What isn’t helpful are the threads on dicks, anal, etc. where men pretty much just perpetuate myths about female preferences. Or about men’s issues with women. Totally different.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media

Ok so I guess I broke out celebration a bit to early..
It's just I am always the bad speller and grammar....

Final I thought.....dann it...what a let down