Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Ok so I guess I broke out celebration a bit to early..
It's just I am always the bad speller and grammar....

Final I thought.....dann it...what a let down

I won't disclose how often I have to look up words before I use them in a post, or how often I have to edit my posts after re reading them...

;)

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ok so I guess I broke out celebration a bit to early..
It's just I am always the bad speller and grammar....

Final I thought.....dann it...what a let down
You’re doing so much better, though!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so what are the issues that don't worth discussing here ?
I'm having a hard time figuring out how someone really this thread, and arrived at this question as his contribution. Did you read the thread, Dude? Can you connect the dots for me?

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I won't disclose how often I have to look up words before I use them in a post, or how often I have to edit my posts after re reading them...

;)
There's no shame in learning. Ignorance is merely not knowing. Stupidity is the refusal to learn.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
"Ain't nobody got time for that!" escapes my mouth on occasion.
I occasionally bust out "onlyest". I discovered it in the story of a poor man living on a farm in the Deep South, who described his situation when the bank foreclosed...he had few options because "farming is the onlyest thing I know". His story was heartbreaking and heartwarming, and I reserve use of that word for fitting situations.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Grammer, spelling, and punctuation are tools to make communication easier. Professional writing requires proper usage; online, not so much - write like you talk. Use enough to make what you’re saying clear, but be yourself.

Some of us, can’t help ourselves. We write too much in real life. It’s a hard habit to break. Still, I enjoy not having to be as formal. I ain’t got time for that.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Grammer, spelling, and punctuation are tools to make communication easier. Professional writing requires proper usage; online, not so much - write like you talk. Use enough to make what you’re saying clear, but be yourself.

Some of us, can’t help ourselves. We write too much in real life. It’s a hard habit to break. Still, I enjoy not having to be as formal. I ain’t got time for that.
All depends what I'm writing about, and to whom. I tend to write way more formally than I speak, and I'm more formal in the forums than in PM's. Years ago I saw the statement that writing well shows respect for the reader.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All depends what I'm writing about, and to whom. I tend to write way more formally than I speak, and I'm more formal in the forums than in PM's. Years ago I saw the statement that writing well shows respect for the reader.
That’s a good concept. Clear written communication does respect the reader. I’m going to share that with my fellow editors at the office!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Deny it all you want. It's not untrue.

To me, (and I've never heard of a litotes before, so for the second day in a row I've learned something from LPSG) to use the litotes "it's not untrue" leaves the writer with a little wiggle room. It's a total denial of "false," but yet not a full embrace of "true."

Reactions: 286798

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm listening too.

And that is precisely the value. A closed mind is entirely wasted. But you (and others) who hold your convictions - but are also willing to consider alternative view points - are the value of a site like this.

And quite frankly, that is what has made our country strong as well. We can respectfully disagree (and have done) and I have definitely learned from those conversations; I hope you have as well.

In the end, we are all the same. We want to live a peaceful existence and pass on our values to our children, who we hope will also live in peace and with personal success.

Ain't too complicated...

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To continue my prior post...

Our country is made up of people who disagree, and that is a great deal of our value. We have a long history or fundamental arguments...followed by a handshake or shared meal.

And that is now missing.

Whether you support Ted Cruz or Elizabeth Warren doesn't matter because neither of them are willing to even speak in a civil tone to the other. They disagree about everything and hate about all things.

This is not the America that we all want to live in.

No one has seen them together in the same place, they could be the same person.

I have met them both personally and have not been impressed.

Fuck both of them.

We need to bring back the negotiators and problem solvers. Politicians who we might disagree with but who could bring about change.

Ronald Regan told his staff to support Arlen Specter (the most liberal republican senator of the day). Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton reformed Welfare in a way that benefitted everyone.

What now? A bunch of partisan, angry, money-raising fucks who don't care about anything other than being elected or re-elected.

Throw them all out.

My $0.02

Last edited:

flooble

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton reformed Welfare in a way that benefitted everyone.

Uhhhhhhh... no, no that did not benefit everyone. And perhaps as a straight person you don't understand? There is no compromise or reaching across the aisle with politicians who believe (or cynically profess to believe in order to get votes) that I am not a fully equal human being. There's no middle ground there, none at all. Same with racism, misogyny, transphobia--there isn't a point somewhere at which we're willing to compromise on our basic humanity.

Sometimes people are just wrong. And in the USA, those people virtually always have an (R) after their name.

Reactions: Enid and MickeyLee

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Uhhhhhhh... no, no that did not benefit everyone. And perhaps as a straight person you don't understand? There is no compromise or reaching across the aisle with politicians who believe (or cynically profess to believe in order to get votes) that I am not a fully equal human being. There's no middle ground there, none at all. Same with racism, misogyny, transphobia--there isn't a point somewhere at which we're willing to compromise on our basic humanity.

Sometimes people are just wrong. And in the USA, those people virtually always have an (R) after their name.

How did (bipartisan) welfare reform harm a resident of Montreal?

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What?

The welfare reform of the 90s absolutely did not benefit everyone, not by a long shot. That is my point. And you ignore the rest, what a surprise

And you failed to answer a simple question.

1. You are Canadian. How were you harmed by welfare reform?

2. I don't see what being straight or not has to do with welfare reform. What is the connection?

3. You point out a lack of compromise, which is precisely what I said as well.

4. You conclude that in the USA, people who are "wrong" are those who "virtually always" have an (R) after their name. With that broad generalization, I'm certain that there is no response I can make which will change your belief on the matter so I chose to not waste the time trying to do so.