Would a physical flaw make you say 'forget it'?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To answer honestly to the OPs question.
Shamefully i geuss i would have to say yes'
Depending on the degree of disability.(is that what yr referring to as a physical flaw Mitch?)
Despite....
Have worked with Physically disabled/Ch........d (Hate that relatively New description)
for quite a few years
There is something to like in each and every one of those persons
Geuss there could be a difficulty by someone who is OK'? .. to Love .. well whatever. such a person
I often get a great buzz from seeing Two persons of such makeup.. partnering up
enz

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a situation like you've described (i.e. already got to know the person so there's nothing obvious that may have dampened your ardour before), there are a range of skin complaints that look so bad I would not be able to approach them sexually. I'm one of the least squeamish people I know too.

That's not to say I would like them any less, just no sex. Somebody with such a complaint would for obvious reasons be extremely self conscious about getting into an intimate situation though, and if they're getting over the self consciousness aspect would probably be upfront about what you're going to find under the wraps.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The kind of flaws i am thinking of specifically are not necessarily instantly recognisable for example, a huge unsightly looking scar, moles/warts, bad teeth, webbed feet or third nipple etc etc, would these things turn you away from engaging in a sexual relationship.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The kind of flaws i am thinking of specifically are not necessarily instantly recognisable for example, a huge unsightly looking scar, moles/warts, bad teeth, webbed feet or third nipple etc etc, would these things turn you away from engaging in a sexual relationship.

Really bad teeth are a real turn off for me, in addition to how they look, people with bad teeth usually have really bad breath, so that would be a deal breaker for me, but teeth like most other imperfections can be fixed. The rest of the things you mentioned I could probably wiggle around those...(until they had these things fixed, BTW I have a horrible scar on my hairline that I have done everything possible to diminish, I wear bangs because they are more forgiving! If we ever have sex I'll keep the lights off!

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Having watched one of the "Embarassing Bodies" programs the other day I think you'd find more nasty-looking complaints than you'd think. And the poor person is often too embarrassed to go to the doc about it.

One 19 y/o girl had such a bad looking tum from stretch marks owing to a very young pregnancy (it looked like a wrinkly empty bag). She had to have a tummy tuck - there was no way it was going to regain its elasticity.
Prolapses?
Psoriasis with weeping sores?
Genital rashes?

That the kind of thing you're talking about?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Having watched one of the "Embarassing Bodies" programs the other day I think you'd find more nasty-looking complaints than you'd think. And the poor person is often too embarrassed to go to the doc about it.

One 19 y/o girl had such a bad looking tum from stretch marks owing to a very young pregnancy (it looked like a wrinkly empty bag). She had to have a tummy tuck - there was no way it was going to regain its elasticity.
Prolapses?
Psoriasis with weeping sores?
Genital rashes?

That the kind of thing you're talking about?

These are good examples too. It's not such a big deal if you can get medical help to fix a flaw but if the only way to do it is with an operation of some kind that requires a fair throw of cash that you have not got then it can have a real damaging effect on confidence with you thinking that nobody would want to go near you once they saw the flaw in question.
(This is inspired by my own flaw which is not too bad but still has the same effect)

Kayden96

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never knew a physically perfect person.

If you love someone, you're not really going to care about a little flab, cellulite...it's all natural and good. Hygiene is very important, though. And smoking is GROSS.

I defy you to find a flaw with Kate Beckinsale... besides being married.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So are we saying here that "Perfection" does/can exist, or are we saying that we are basically SHALLOW ????

Understandably, there are all degress of flaws, but some posts also refer to physical Defects, which to me is something entirely different. Of course, ones tolerance for any of these things is a truly personal and individual matter. My lover died suddenly after 22 yrs together. Tragedies put things in perspective. If I could have him back, there would be no Flaw or defect I wouldnt endure.

Last edited:

Munely

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nah, I don't think any physical flaw would turn me off someone I like. I've never fallen in love just because of someone's face or body. It's always the personality and how I feel about that person and how that person feels about me. The connection... well.. yeah. something like that.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
So you meet a guy or gal who looks good and has a great personality, you're very interested then over time become aware of a physical flaw that turns you off, what sort of flaw would stop you from chasing a person or would you just look past it?

that's a difficult question to answer, you say we consider them to look good but they have a flaw we find physically unattractive

I mean if a girl is pretty but has a bit of a belly on her I don't care
if the girl is pretty but has a bush that is as tough as a wire brush, I'll turn that down

if she won't shave her legs or under her arms I could see myself declining that relationship, but honestly I'm far more likely to lose attraction to a girl because of her behavior really