Would African Americans Still Support Obama...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah, but personally (not speaking for everyone) i don't ever really look at people and wonder if they're biracial or not. there are too many fully black people who happen to be light, and too many mixed people who end up dark for me to say light skin constitutes being biracial. there are too many variables and light skin=mixed is an inefficient line of thinking.

understood...but if you had to make a decision upon seeing him (hypothetically, you were offered $500 to make a guess) which way would you lean?

I used this example earlier...(my fave soccer player)

http://www.football.co.uk/shared/images/news/400x400_1187536014_spt_ai_mancityvmanunited_32.jpg

now, ask a white guy or a black guy to look at him, and i bet both would say he was clearly white...nobody would probably ever even question it or think otherwise if you saw him on the street...

but his dad is black and his mom is white...

so i don't know...maybe because there seem to be fewer shadings of "white" people then there are black people? I don't know, but in my 36 years on the planet, i know i have seen a much greater variety of shades in the "black" race then in the "white" one...there has never seemed to be too much variety in shading in the white/caucasian race, beyond getting a nice tan. Don't know why...maybe it is pigment or something.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
understood...but if you had to make a decision upon seeing him (hypothetically, you were offered $500 to make a guess) which way would you lean?

http://www.football.co.uk/shared/images/news/400x400_1187536014_spt_ai_mancityvmanunited_32.jpg

now, ask a white guy or a black guy to look at him, and i bet both would say he was clearly white...nobody would probably ever even question it or think otherwise if you saw him on the street...

but his dad is black and his mom is white...

so i don't know...maybe because there seem to be fewer shadings of "white" people then there are black people? I don't know, but in my 36 years on the planet, i know i have seen a much greater variety of shades in the "black" race then in the "white" one...there has never seemed to be too much variety in shading in the white/caucasian race, beyond getting a nice tan. Don't know why...maybe it is pigment or something.

Believe it or not, I have cousins who look like that guy. The dad is white and the mom is black. The cousins are crazy hung, too. And taken, of course. One, is gay and coupled; and the other is straight and married.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe it or not, I have cousins who look like that guy. The dad is white and the mom is black. The cousins are crazy hung, too. And taken, of course. One, is gay and coupled; and the other is straight and married.

thanks for the interesting tidbit...coulda done without the penis bit :tongue::wink:

but along the same topic...if other people were walking down the street, and spotted the cousin or cousins...would they look and obviously think "white dude"?

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

now, ask a white guy or a black guy to look at him, and i bet both would say he was clearly white...nobody would probably ever even question it or think otherwise if you saw him on the street...but his dad is black and his mom is white...

there has never seemed to be too much variety in shading in the white/caucasian race, beyond getting a nice tan. Don't know why...maybe it is pigment or something.

There is much variety of shading in the Caucasian race.

Re:the use of the term "white". This term does not define race but is only a color. The Caucasian race is classified by its skull structure and not skin color. The ancestry of those persons can be traced back to Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, Russia, and in certain areas of Central Asia. e.g. people of India, whether dark or not, can fall into this category
See the Wikipedia link:

Caucasian race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The errant use of the term Caucasian to mean "white" persons is still used by the U.S. police for identification purposes.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I think the o.p. answers his question in his own third paragraph. If he's asking if I'd vote for a person like, say...Justice Clarence Thomas...

Of course. When HELL freezes over.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
thanks for the interesting tidbit...coulda done without the penis bit :tongue::wink:

but along the same topic...if other people were walking down the street, and spotted the cousin or cousins...would they look and obviously think "white dude"?

Man, this is the LARGE PENIS SUPPORT GROUP. The mention of my cousins' endowments was just conversation. :smile: But I didn't give any concrete statistics. So, no harm, no foul.

As far as your scenario query is concerned, I wouldn't know what Caucasians "the white peeps" would be thinking about my cousins or their losing sleep over wondering what race my cousins were. I am not a psychic. If they wanted to know, I think that they would ask them.

Liarliar

Just Browsing
Media
Since the Bush family has driven it into our minds that Republicans are hicks (and hicks are generally racist, thus Republicans are racist), a black Republican candidate would confuse most people. But Abraham Lincoln served his first term of Presidency as a Republican, so obviously white power isn't a cornerstone of the party.

I'll keep this short. What has to be understood is that there were major shifts in what demographics made up each party since Lincolns time. Such issues as slavery, women's rights, civil rights, and gay rights, have changed the base demographics of the two major parties.