Would Hillary Clinton have made a better President?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Just suppose that she would have been elected by the US electorate.

I have kept out of US politics since our friend Mr. Bush left office, but outside the US we are now seeing HRC in action and imho she cuts it.

Will she get another chance?

Have I mised something about her?

If trolls come here to feed, please resist.

Regardless of the politics I was not a big Clinton fan, however, I believe she has done will with a few things and missed a few marks on some of the smaller ones. I hope that she does go back at it again, as she will have the State experience under her belt and if she were to be the Democratic nominee she would make a good candidate as opposed to some of the loose cannons like Pelosi.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Yes I believe she would have done a good job but could a woman get elected? I still believe with the nutzzz on the right it still might be difficult.

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, given the complete lack of leadership regarding foreign policy I'm not so certain. The question is whether this "lack" of leadership is coming from within the State Department or if the Obama administration has been vetoing any efforts that may be coming from Hillary. Both Hillary and Obama were quite outspoken against taking military action against Iraq - both stating that the US has no business attacking a country that posses no direct threat to the United States. So why are we in Libya? What is the "end game" here? What are the US's objectives? If Moammar Gaddafi falls are we going to once again be involved in nation building?

Well, given the complete lack of leadership regarding foreign policy I'm not so certain. The question is whether this "lack" of leadership is coming from within the State Department or if the Obama administration has been vetoing any efforts that may be coming from Hillary. Both Hillary and Obama were quite outspoken against taking military action against Iraq - both stating that the US has no business attacking a country that posses no direct threat to the United States. So why are we in Libya? What is the "end game" here? What are the US's objectives? If Moammar Gaddafi falls are we going to once again be involved in nation building?

Damned good points.

Thanks 6inchcock. I usually only get attacked for my comments in here.

You are welcome. Being ex-military my politics are strange at best.

I have a hard time trying to rationalize the attacks in Libya, as opposed to other actions we have NOT taken else where when we probably should have.

I sometimes get the feeling we (the US) try to pick and choose which actions we take by whether or not we can pull them off with minimal or no loss of life, as opposed to being consistent in our diplomacy and military decision making with regards to our foreign policy (looks like none at times).

In my own words if the bad guy looks like a push over we go in quick and slap him down, if he looks like he may be a little tough or hides behind China or Russia we back off.

I know that many people may disagree but those are my feelings and opinions on the subject.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of the reasons that Hillary lost was that she voted for the Authorization to use force in Iraq when she was a Senator. She voted for the Iraq war. In a nutshell, that's one of the reasons she lost the Democratic Promary.

Last edited:

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
black, asian, amerindian - as long as someone comes along who tells the truth, is a good leader and has some "balls", they could get elected. Watch Herman Cain!! Also watch how the MSM will attack him as "not really a black man" as they have with other blacks that don't buy into the guilt trip hoisted upon them by the Democratic Party. The US has to start electing leaders rather than sound bites. BTW, I agree that Sarah Palin has no chance in hell to get elected, she may have broad support but can't speak effectively without a script. (damn, kind of reminds me of Obama and his teleprompter) As Herman Cain said recently, "why should it be impossible to elect a black man just because of our experience with Obama, we elected white men for 200 years and look how that turned out...." (paraphrasing) Here is the video...

YouTube - Herman Cain- "A Real Black Man May Run Against Barack Obama"

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
black, asian, amerindian - as long as someone comes along who tells the truth, is a good leader and has some "balls", they could get elected. Watch Herman Cain!! Also watch how the MSM will attack him as "not really a black man" as they have with other blacks that don't buy into the guilt trip hoisted upon them by the Democratic Party. The US has to start electing leaders rather than sound bites. BTW, I agree that Sarah Palin has no chance in hell to get elected, she may have broad support but can't speak effectively without a script. (damn, kind of reminds me of Obama and his teleprompter) As Herman Cain said recently, "why should it be impossible to elect a black man just because of our experience with Obama, we elected white men for 200 years and look how that turned out...." (paraphrasing) Here is the video...

YouTube - Herman Cain- "A Real Black Man May Run Against Barack Obama"
Herman Cain can't get elected President because he holds extreme right wing views that the majority of Americans don't agree with. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Without going into specifics right now, in some ways Clinton would have been a better choice, but in others she wouldn't have been. And this is coming from someone who actually voted for her in the 2008 Primary... not those who are just so angry with everything that they would rather see "anyone but Obama" win in 2012.

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
we'll see Industrialsize, they said the same thing about Ronald Reagan. Despite what you think the majority of Americans are FAR to the right of the current President and most of Congress (until the last election). Wake up and smell the roses!!! BTW this time around it WON'T be about the Christian right or the moral majority this time around it will be about people who believe in the US Constitution and the limits it puts on the Federal Government (for good reason) and those who believe in Dictatorial powers abused by one branch of the Government. Congress was the only branch to be given the right and responsibility to wage and declare war against a foreign power, this was done for a reason.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I firmly believe that Obama won due to his background and the impact that the U.S. has on a global scale. For the first time in many years, the U.S. is viewed favorably by the rest of the world.

I believe Clinton could have done a good job though. She has already been there done that with her husband - so having familiarity of how the system works, like any job interview gives big steps ahead to keep things moving smoothly.

Like it or not, we're a global society now. If you get a rowdy neighbor, everybody gets pissy. Work together and you can calm things down, and that's exactly what we needed. Too many unfinished un-needed wars and sabre rattling activity going on in the "Neighborhood". Nobody can afford a war right now.

The way I see it - Obama did what Bush should have done - Gather with your neighbors, and hit the offending party with One united entity.
The days of the powerful regime's are numbered. The people want a better life and share the bounty with the rest of the world.
China's next.

SeeDickRun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, I'm one of the nutzz on the right. I could vote for Hillary. I would have voted for Hillary. She's a no holds barred kind of woman, who usually gets what she goes after. I believe that she would have been a better president than McCain. I always had thought that McCain was a man of principles, but during the campaign, he waffled over so many issues (and has do so since). I'm beginning to think he's going soft in the head, but that's a personal opinion. Hillary is a strong woman, and would have been head and shoulders over Obama.

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If Obama had kept his campaign promises of "transparency", "reaching across the isle", "balancing the budget", he may have had a chance. Given he has gone back on his promise of closing Guantanamo, has led us into a war against an enemy that was no threat to US interests and has racked up deficits larger than all previous Presidents, in addition to spitting in the face of the US Constitution, I think and hope he has no chance of re-election. We (the US) is a country of laws and not a country of egos and Czars!!! Again, Congress is the only body allowed and enabled to declare war!!!