Would letting a guy suck my dick make me gay?

D_Dennis Anyone

Just Browsing
Media
Well I'm not straight and but my friend is and I asked him about letting me suck him off...since he is the only friend that I would trust...I think sucking a dick is nice and a turn on but yet unsanitary...although I do want to try it once to see if it's as good or bad as people say

He said he did not know...and I think he is just afraid of becoming/feeling gay. I told that it wouldn't and that it was all in the head if he thought it was. And that it's just an oppurtinity to see if he likes getting sucked off boy or girl. He has never had a blow job and does also think it is unclean

So my question is (I'm asking as if I were him) would letting a guy suck my dick make me gay in any way?

I will show him your replies

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think you are opening a can of worms with this question, my friend, just to let you know.
To answer the question, I would say that no, it does not make him gay. Then again, that is the opinion of another gay man and I am sure others will say that has a lot to do with my opinion. Truth be told, the only one who can truly know his orientation or preference is him. One act, either way, does not set his future in stone. I don't believe there is anything wrong with a little experimentation.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Last edited:

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Gay? Not necessarily.

Bi? Well, if he were more enthusiastic to the idea I'd say maybe.

Let me put it to you this way: If you are aroused by women, and like to fuck women, but your dick gets hard at the idea of a guy sucking you off- you are probably bi, or at least leaning strongly that way. By contrast, I have no physical desire for any sort of sexual contact with men at all. Not even curious.

I think the real issue here is why the narrow limiting to two categories? It seems pretty obvious that there is a substantial gray area between the poles that a lot of people would fall into- if they just opened up there classification scheme a bit. It seems like it would eliminate a substantial amount of contradictions between what people say they are and what they actually do in reality as well.

Last edited:

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
MisterMark: "No. Sexual orientation is determined by sexual and emotional attraction, not by individual sex acts."

-----------------

No, I'm sorry MisterMark. If you suck 1 or 50 individual cocks, you are still engaging in homo-sex.

"Gay" is really an adjective describing sexual acts. In other words, there is gay sex, not gay people. There are only human beings who act on heterosexual and homosexual impulses.

Therefore, if I suck a cock, then, YES, I am performing a gay act (as a human being, not as a "gay man").

The ancient Greeks had gay sex. But they were men. It described the ACT not the PERSON. They were never a newly realized political class: the modern gay male.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Gay" is really an adjective describing sexual acts. In other words, there is gay sex, not gay people. There are only human beings who act on heterosexual and homosexual impulses.

You've got your definition; I've got mine.

I'm basically just going by the way the American Psychological Association defines sexual orientation. I agree with their definition.

What Is Sexual Orientation?

Sexual orientation is an enduring emotional, romantic, sexual, or affectional attraction toward others. It is easily distinguished from other components of sexuality including biological sex, gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female), and the social gender role (adherence to cultural norms for feminine and masculine behavior).

Sexual orientation exists along a continuum that ranges from exclusive heterosexuality to exclusive homosexuality and includes various forms of bisexuality. Bisexual persons can experience sexual, emotional, and affectional attraction to both their own sex and the opposite sex. Persons with a homosexual orientation are sometimes referred to as gay (both men and women) or as lesbian (women only).

Sexual orientation is different from sexual behavior because it refers to feelings and self-concept. Individuals may or may not express their sexual orientation in their behaviors.

APA Help Center - Health & Emotional Wellness - "Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality"

Last edited:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I'm not straight and but my friend is and I asked him about letting me suck him off...since he is the only friend that I would trust...I think sucking a dick is nice and a turn on but yet unsanitary...although I do want to try it once to see if it's as good or bad as people say

He said he did not know...and I think he is just afraid of becoming/feeling gay. I told that it wouldn't and that it was all in the head if he thought it was. And that it's just an oppurtinity to see if he likes getting sucked off boy or girl. He has never had a blow job and does also think it is unclean

So my question is (I'm asking as if I were him) would letting a guy suck my dick make me gay in any way?

I will show him your replies

A) is this one confusing word problem or am i just stoned?

2) do people ask these questions on behalf of a "friend" to avoid being embarassed?

B.1) maybe i'm being an asshole and english isnt' his first language and third person is normal wherever he's from?

appendix: gettin head from a dude isnt' what makes u gay, it's your subscription to HONCHO magazine bro.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Plato and Sokrates would be a bit alarmed to find out that the sexual act defined the human being.

In greek culture (surely a bisexual culture if there ever was one), there was no separate word for "gay sex". There was only one word for sex which took into account both genders. The greeks apparently felt no psychological need to separate the word "sex" into homo and hetero subcategories. The invention of the political class of "homosexual male" - a self-identified fully actualized homosexual (now a noun) - is a relatively new phenomenon.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Plato and Sokrates would be a bit alarmed to find out that the sexual act defined the human being.

I totally understand what you're saying. I don't think that sex acts define a human being either, but our attractions to men, women, or both sexes affect the way we see ourselves and how others see us. No one lives in a vacuum; we're all affected by our social environments.