Would President Palin be worse than President Dubya?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by swordfishME, Oct 15, 2008.

1. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

This is not about who should win the election or even who is better for the country:

Would Sarah Palin as President be any worse that what we have had for the last eight years?

Because to me she sounds somewhat more intelligent than the guy we are putting out to pasture. I just cannot imagine her doing any worse than he has (granted that she isn't going to do much better either!)

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    We must be hearing different things, because to me, Palin sounds JUST as UN-intelligent as GWB.

3. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Dubya had more charm and expertise when dealing with the press. He was lovable enough to excuse his ignorance. Many people seem to think that his stumbling with words, nonsense logic, and deer-in-headlights look were cute. He got off easy.

Palin is more aggressive and determined to not look like an idiot. She overcompensates, and the media eats it up. She's not as lovable as W, so the media doesn't let her get away with her ignorance.

4. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I have serious issues with what you consider charming and lovable... :confused:

5. Freddie53

Gold Member

You took those words right out of my mouth. Charming? When? Where? Let me know.:biggrin1:

Having said that. Bush needs Palin to be President so we won't be the dumbest President in American history! As bad as Bush is, Palin is worse. Palin doesn't have a clue about foreign affairs. She can't grasp the complexity of foreign affairs issues. She won't be able to comprehend what her advisers tell her. Her only hope would be to tell the foreign affairs people to "handle it."

Some one will have to write her speeches. She can't do a news conference since she won't know the answers to the questions.

God help us all if she gets in.

6. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Could Palin be a worse president than GWB?

I dunno man, he lowered the bar so much it would be hard for anyone to be truly as awful, I think she would give it a damn good go however.

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

in a word, yes!

8. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

My first impression of Palin is that she seems like a female version of the President.

However, I disagree about Bush's intelligence. Even though his education may not have rubbed off in a way most would like, George W. Bush is the smartest mofo on earth, and I'll continue to believe that until I see him, and others, on trial.

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I never thought I would say this but yes. One of her worst qualities, however well it plays to the masses, is her misplaced sense of confidence. Her overly developed faith in her own ability and judgement, bordering on arrogance, leads me to believe that she would turn a deaf ear to those of broader experience and wiser council. Her past history shows she has cleaned house of anyone and everyone who didn't agree with her, surrounded herself with toadies who simply agree with her limited vision...oh, god, I'm starting to answer this seriously. In a word, yep. In two, god forbid.

10. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I think you would not be confused on her convictions. She would act decisively, and with confidence. She does offer somewhat of an appeal (almost Reaganesque) which makes people prideful of the USA - which i haven't seen in 20 years from a pres/candidate.

Her advisors would keep her from fucking up too badly. I wouldn't be comfortable with her in meetings with international leaders - particularly in times of conflict. Press conferences would probably be a nightmare as well. The press corps would flipping crucify her.

11. trumasseur

trumasseur New Member

Albums:
    I just hope after the election we get to see her MILF ass naked. She is a huge tease and must be creaming her panties at all of this attention...

12. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    But would she decisively and with confidence make the right decision? And the Bush quote of "I'm the decider" is just ringing in my head.

Are you proud of the US because of her? Why is that (if you checked Yes for the last question)?

13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Star, did you hear a single word I said? :wink:

14. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

That I can't answer.

Are you proud of the US because of her? Why is that (if you checked Yes for the last question)?[/quote]

I'm proud of the US because of the US. She just reminds me of how lucky we are.

15. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Perfectly fair, so how does she remind you of that then?

16. Notaguru2

Gold Member

We'll never know....

17. transformer_99

Gold Member

I don't think it fair to compare anyone given the fact that we are heading into 2009 far worse off than we were 2001. The next four years are going to be rougher in my opinion than 2001 thru 2004 and if America suffers another 9/11/2k1, it'll easily be worse ? I think McCain or Palin does about what we see with "W" had either become President in 2001. The Republicans were heading down this road in 2001 regardless of who they put in front of us. There are some things, even Bush wasn't responsible for. Deregulation was conducive, but it still takes the rest of America to actually carry out what we endured over the last 8 years.

18. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    What he said^

W's biggest mistake seems to have been discarding advisors who failed to show loyalty by serving as "yes men." I suspect Palin would be prone to similar mis-steps.

19. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Are you saying that Bush had a clue about foreign affairs? I never saw it.

20. Principessa

Gold Member

QFT!

I was thinking the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted