Would Senator Kerry have made a good president?

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I don't buy the botched joke excuse for a second. It doesn't make any sense. I watched the clip over and over and I'm convinced he spoke from the heart. Then he tried to cover up his poo and completely reverse his position. I think he's a liar.

As much as you may hate him, at least with Bush what you see appears to be what you get.

chavous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I voted for Kerry and often wonder how differnt things would be today if he had won. I don't hate Bush he just comes across as dumb? Which may be an act. He is no more from Texas than I am and he wanted to potray that good old boy mystique and it worked. I travel in Europe often and have for 25 years so I have a lot of friends in Belgium,Austria,England....they all think Bush is an idiot.Kerry reminds me more of our founding fathers----elite,smart,well spoken, a wonderful vocabulary.Just thoughts from as gay guy in AThens,GA.Y'all come vist.

chavous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey at least Kerry went to WAR while Bush hid out in the National Gaurd???And then tried ti HIDE it.Bush is no hero.He was home snorting nose candy and getting DUI'S.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't buy the botched joke excuse for a second. It doesn't make any sense. I watched the clip over and over and I'm convinced he spoke from the heart. Then he tried to cover up his poo and completely reverse his position. I think he's a liar.

As much as you may hate him, at least with Bush what you see appears to be what you get.

......... and that would be a reason to feel safe and confident?

"Benito Mussolini is a Fascist but at least you know he's fucking nuts!"

Whew.. I feel better already.:rolleyes:

oh and what part of "we know they have WMDs" isn't a lie? :33:

Shelby really

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I don't buy the botched joke thing either. But I don't think what Kerry said was that egregious. It was a botched joke from the standpoint that nobody got it, not that he misspoke.

and I'm not sure I agree about Bush, either. I think there are ulterior motives behind most of what he does. Whether he's aware of them or not. We may see President Bush, but what we actually get is a secret agenda from Karl Rove and Dick Cheney.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NIC?

I was so pleased when Senator Kerry initially said "no way! No apology!" Then he went on to say "that's enough!". He was right too.

But next he went on to explain his way out of it.

That was the frosting on the cake to me. He should have not responded further or dignified these asses with any explanation. They were owed none. I can hear Don Imus now saying in his stage whisper "JUST SHUT UP!!!!"

Senator Kerry should have taken Imus's advice too.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But I meant that the Senator has a polish and a natural charm that bespeaks background and considered intelligence. To many in mainstream society that's a threatening quality and viewed oddly to them as "arrogant".

Agreed. That polish, unfortunately, was Kerry's undoing, as it has for other politicians.

Given how popular anti-intellectualism is in the U.S. it might have been better for Kerry to have affected the mannerisms of a "good ol' boy" who enjoys swilling beer and munching hot dogs at NASCAR races, pro wrestling events or other redneck pastimes. Softball plays much better in Peoria than windsurfing does. But then Kerry would have been excoriated for being a fake.

Republican handlers proved to be more skilled at portraying W as the average working guy despite the fact he is a child of wealth and privelege and accustomed to traveling in private jets.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NIC?

quote]

yes?

If you're asking for clarification to my post, I meant that I don't buy that he was trying to make a joke about Bush and forgot a word, whether they say it was written in the speech or not. Even without the word "is," though, it could still be construed as a joke and/or a jab at the president and his policies. Either way, it obviously wasn't meant as it came to be interpreted.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you're asking for clarification to my post, I meant that I don't buy that he was trying to make a joke about Bush and forgot a word, whether they say it was written in the speech or not. Even without the word "is," though, it could still be construed as a joke and/or a jab at the president and his policies. Either way, it obviously wasn't meant as it came to be interpreted.

No sorry NIC. I wasn't looking for clarification. I was just taking the point further.

For my part, I'm less interested in Kerry's intent in saying it than his right to say it versus the Commander in Chief who got our sorry arses into this mess. Fact remains the statement intact was accurate.

How the Republican spin doctors spin it into negative pro-war rhetoric is their business. Kerry's right. Do a good job in school or you'll find your dumb ass in Bush's vendetta war with Saddam Hussein.

Beyond that the President is equal to the 'jabs' out there or ought to be. He'll be taking lots more now that both the House and Senate have to be addressed and answered to ... high time the feeb had to be accountable.

I still maintain that GWB owes us, as Americans, one great big fat apology for his lies and deception in getting us into this Iraq thing when he hid in the Air National Guard during Vietnam.

Kerry's Swift Boat dilemma was paid for lock stock and barrel by the "righties" who wanted to make sure John's military service was denigrated to deflect attention from that war whore Bush who'd better have the twins enlist post haste, in my opinion.

Send the little cherubs off to Iraq I say! God knows they're good for little else by all indication.:rolleyes:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How the Republican spin doctors spin it into negative pro-war rhetoric is their business. Kerry's right. Do a good job in school or you'll find your dumb ass in Bush's vendetta war with Saddam Hussein.

well said. Personally I find it deplorable how those who would send our troops into harm's way will say anything they can to keep up the morale of those that they are using as cannon-fodder and improve their poll numbers among those who are ignorant enough to fall for their Amerocentric nationalistic flag-waving rhetoric. Yet at the same time if anyone who speaks out against the president's agenda and for the cause of bringing the troops home is painted as unpatriotic, cowardly, bashing the troops or as a terrorist sympathizer. It boggles the mind how anyone can swallow this garbage.

dags

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think Kerry would have done at least a C+ also. When that election was going on and he and Bush were debating I was immediately impressed with Kerry.
He just seemed more human. He got his thoughts across without acting like an asshole. He seemed to be someone who would be a good negotiator and communicator. And I was impressed with what he had to say.
Bush always comes across like he's talking down to everyone, like he's bothered by and annoyed at all the reporters asking questions at the press conferences. Arrogant and conceited and with the wrong mentality. Sorry, I don't respond favorably to people like that.
And I'm not even "book smart", I never went to college but I have lots of life experience and street smarts. I trust my intuition when it comes to people.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And I'm not even "book smart", I never went to college but I have lots of life experience and street smarts. I trust my intuition when it comes to people.

You trusted right. Bush's admission to and progress through all kinds of prestigious schools certainly didn't leave him any kind of smart.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think anyone else that was in the top 2-3 of the hunt for each party's nomination for either side would've done far better than Bush in the 2 administrations he's had.

Domestically, Bush's tax breaks only proved one thing, rampant inflation is the rule when you announce people will have more money in their hands, it becomes a mad rush for the wolves/sharks to get to it first. Then when those wolves/sharks don't back off, it becomes a feeding frenzy on those that are working class, is it any wonder you wind up with exactly what we have right now.

And in case anyone asks, I don't think 9/11/2001 happens if Bush isn't our President. That's not to say the plan wouldn't be there/attempted by the terrorists, I think the continuity of transition from Clinton to Gore would've been better than the disruption that Clinton to Bush was. Bush wasn't and still isn't qualified to be leader of this nation, regardless of the number of votes in his favor.